CAPPED INTERNET - HELP DOWNLOAD ESSENTIAL FILES ONLY

Seeew, sup?

Scenario:

- Was running 32bit Win 7 OS on 2TB HDD
- I installed a 128GB SSD and decided to let the SSD be the OS host and install 64bit Win 7 there

So now my previous C drive is recognised as E drive and everything is accessable, except of course I can't run anything since the essential files (.dll etc?) are not in the new OS.

I am tech challenged to start off with but tried everything I could think of icluding sourcing the dll files Win was bitching about, off the net and installing them, but still no luck. The PoE client just wants to reinstall EVERYTHING again despite the fact that, I don't know, >95% is already there? It seems there is no '=[check if exists, skip, install]' type logic.

Sadly my interwebs is capped and expensive, so re-downloading >5GB that I already 'own' is not an option.

Is there an essentials only installer or installer with better check/skip/install logic around?

P.S. Please All Blacks, we, Springboks, already let you win the Champions Challenge, you owe me one.

Also, please host a server in Africa... Johannesburg more specifically.

Cheers
Sarge
how are are launching poe?

usually when it tries to download, it is because you are running the exe from the wrong location. poe puts the files into to "working directory" of wherever the PathOfExile.exe is run from.
"
Drakier wrote:
how are are launching poe?

usually when it tries to download, it is because you are running the exe from the wrong location. poe puts the files into to "working directory" of wherever the PathOfExile.exe is run from.

I go to E:\Games\Path of Exile and hit "PathOfExile" or "Client". Both do the same 'Blahblahfishpaste.dll in your face noob is not installed on your machine, have fun trying to fix it, mwhahahahahaaaaa'

Then I crie moar and then I went onto PoE homepage and dl'ed the installer again, which, after approximately 3days, 9hours, 42 minutes, half a pint of beer and an uzi fart it moves from checking sace to downloading... ALL of it. Then I alt F4 that beatch like an old school hardcore league wannabe. Sometimes I just casually mouse over to the x and clickety click it like I'm loaded.

What should I do if I'm doing it wrong?

Cheers
FlameSarge
Write the real error message.
"
ionface wrote:
Write the real error message.

"
Then I crie moar and then I went onto PoE homepage and dl'ed the installer again, which, after approximately 3days, 9hours, 42 minutes, half a pint of beer and an uzi fart it moves from checking sace to downloading... ALL of it.

It no longer specifies the missing .dll file name after I dl'ed the installer.

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by Sarge_101 on Oct 21, 2014, 1:49:35 PM
To the guys trying to help me so far, have a pensive cat

You realize we aren't being paid to help you, right? And we can't diagnose your problem unless you give the symptoms. If you need a friendly GGG staffer to help you figure out your problems, contact them via email.
you can just copy over your old Content.ggpk which contains nearly everything. then your download will only be a few megabytes + some missing patches.
"
ionface wrote:
You realize we aren't being paid to help you, right? And we can't diagnose your problem unless you give the symptoms. If you need a friendly GGG staffer to help you figure out your problems, contact them via email.

Indeed I do. I tried my best to give you the symptoms, but I'll try again:

After I installed the new OS on the new drive I could no longer run PoE from the old drive. I received a message that a certain .dll file was missing from my machine. It did not say missing from where, just that it was missing and the name of the .dll file. I can no longer tell you what the name of that file is since I went to the PoE homepage and redownloaded the installer. After now running the installer it no longer calls for the .dll file but it also doesn't simply check what I already have before installing, it ignores everything and goes into a fresh install.

P.S. Just in case your sarcasm detector might be a little glitchy or maybe you just don't like cats, let's try the chillin' squirrel. I actually genuinly appreciate the assistance.

P.P.S. Sorry I'm so IT challenged, I'm not so young anymore.

"
storzi wrote:
you can just copy over your old Content.ggpk which contains nearly everything. then your download will only be a few megabytes + some missing patches.

I'm going to try find this now, thank you.

Cheers
Marge
"
storzi wrote:

I copied Content.ggpk to my new drive as well as PathofExile application. It wants to install the entire thing (5.something gig)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info