PoE Shops Indexer — search for items with ease

"
Mangokid wrote:
Is there a way to contact you IG or irc or something? I'd really like to have a chat... ;)

I am thexyz at Freenode, either catch me at #pathofexile or contact by PM.
"
Mangokid wrote:
I happen to be a webdeveloper myself, although I'm more the frontend/UI guy ... hence my interest in how you (technically) search the forums ...

Hi if you wonder where is the data... Go to any thread with items in it. Then look in the last child of body tag. You will find a wonderful array full of js objects full of not so well organised data. Now write script to fetch this array and gl hf with data.
ING: gnal
Last edited by gnal on Feb 18, 2013, 10:29:49 AM
ah, cool ... similar object to the "http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-items" stuff ... didn't know they build an object like that and put it in the source, rather weird, but ok ... is this intentionally put there to make it easier to analyze those threats?! and is this documented somewhere?

I played around a bit with the documented api (and then found out it has all been done @ poestatistics.com :P) - but stuff like that doesn't show up there ... is there a thread I'm missing or something?
Last edited by Mangokid on Feb 18, 2013, 11:02:59 AM
More bumps and posts to help this get stickied. Now...if only sellers would delete the items off their post once its sold, this would work perfectly.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Great work with this, xyz. I have a couple feature requests. Sorry if they've already been addressed.

One is to add modifier exclusion options to the search. This is useful for those looking for weapons without a certain elemental damage type, like I am with a build I'm theorycrafting. I imagine not many others do this so it doesn't have to be a high priority.

Another is to separate each damage type into separate columns in the table for the results page. I'm not sure if your code will support this without some work, but I'd advise putting a single column for all damage types containing physical, chaos, and elemental damage columns, with the elemental damage column containing fire, cold, and lightning damage columns. This would make the ascending/descending sorting feature for the results page much more robust.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your website. Oh, and if you're looking for someone to help with its design (HTML/CSS/JS/etc.) I'm willing to help (I can make my column idea look a lot less convoluted than it sounds!).
same name in-game
"
sage2050 wrote:
Suggestion:

make it so explicit mods are added without values, so the min and max can be edited on the fly.
not sure why but when i search for anything besides boots i get 0 matches. i just want to search a belt with fire resist.. and not a single post
ign: cMurderTURMOIL
cant open the site? :( hope GGG embeds this in the forums as an official search indexer..
IGN: NukerDeath
Please add first post date or first post edit date and sort on that because I keep finding stuff from jan 28 of people who already quit playing lol...

Also remove non-verified items every hour or so :S

And maybe let peopel type a part of a mod name then give a lost with mods to choose from.
So if I type lightning I should get lightning resists, flat lightning and % lightning damage to choose from.
Last edited by Struyk on Feb 19, 2013, 8:41:36 AM
How often is the list refreshed? Cause i've posted a couple of items and they are not yet indexed there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info