PoE Shops Indexer — search for items with ease

"
xyz wrote:
"
Doombug5000 wrote:
A suggestion, not sure any notice will be paid to this but it would definitely help:

Could you make it possible to search SPECIFICALLY for unverified or sold items to see what prices they WERE listed at - a lot of the time it is hard to get an idea of value as, especially with high demand items, all those with a reasonable buyout have high turnover.

This means that those with unreasonable buyouts get left in the indexer while those with reasonable buyouts don't and you end up getting an inflated idea of what your item is worth when you set your own buyout. I have had trouble with this a couple of times and as a result it has taken me a while to adjust and actually find a reasonable price people are willing to pay for certain items.

Anyway some kind of index of past items would be hugely useful for pricing.

Other than that poe.xyz is an amazing tool and I'm really glad it exists.

It's an interesting idea, but:
1) Unverified item != sold item.
2) Currency rates change very fast, and thus prices change too.

And anyway, why not just price below the lowest buyout you find? Your item is worth less than items that you can find, considering that listed items do not sell for the price they're listed for.

Currency rates don't change THAT fast - they change on a weekly basis perhaps but trading is done daily, second by second even so relatively there is enough of a difference. I would also limit the record keeping to items which had buyouts only - it is pretty safe to assume that most items with buyouts that are now unverified were sold and were sold for the listed buyout price (at least in a majority of cases) and the human brain is capable of filtering out the anomalous results (i.e. suspiciously high or low buyouts) it is not meant to be a be-all-and-end-all to pricing, just an incredibly useful aid to price setting.

EDIT: forgot to say, to address your concern about currency rates changing you would have a default limit on the search to the past week - but this would be changeable just like the 'last seen' function.
Last edited by Doombug5000 on Apr 5, 2014, 8:25:38 PM
Hi, I'd like to request a tag for items that are not for sale (so that they are discarded from the indexer). I am about to post a thread in which I am selling an item (so it's in the selling section) for upgrades to a character (so I will be posting his gear) and I am dreading all the whispers I am going to be getting regarding buying my stuff.

I also ran into a similar situation when I was buying my Alpha's on ambush, where someone had what I think was his gear listed in a spoiler marked NOT FOR SALE but your site showed it in searches for sale with no buyout.

EDIT: If I remember correctly your site does not display the same item more than once. Perhaps a similar functionality could be given to not for sale tags -- if an item is listed for sale, but also has a not for sale tag then only the most recent could be considered.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
Last edited by MosesXIII on Apr 6, 2014, 6:19:22 AM

Hi,

My Ambush shop (#831159) items are shown on poe.xyz BUT they are linked to an old HC character (Dhranv) which hasn't been used for a looong time.

When I am online it is shown correctly in the search results but with the wrong character name (Dhranv).

Note: I have only one shop, which is on Ambush

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Rob.
"
MosesXIII wrote:
Hi, I'd like to request a tag for items that are not for sale (so that they are discarded from the indexer). I am about to post a thread in which I am selling an item (so it's in the selling section) for upgrades to a character (so I will be posting his gear) and I am dreading all the whispers I am going to be getting regarding buying my stuff.

I also ran into a similar situation when I was buying my Alpha's on ambush, where someone had what I think was his gear listed in a spoiler marked NOT FOR SALE but your site showed it in searches for sale with no buyout.

EDIT: If I remember correctly your site does not display the same item more than once. Perhaps a similar functionality could be given to not for sale tags -- if an item is listed for sale, but also has a not for sale tag then only the most recent could be considered.

Post them in the second post.

"
Subtronics wrote:

Hi,

My Ambush shop (#831159) items are shown on poe.xyz BUT they are linked to an old HC character (Dhranv) which hasn't been used for a looong time.

When I am online it is shown correctly in the search results but with the wrong character name (Dhranv).

Note: I have only one shop, which is on Ambush

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Rob.

Read the first post, it contains FAQ which addresses this issue.

"
Doombug5000 wrote:
"
xyz wrote:
"
Doombug5000 wrote:
A suggestion, not sure any notice will be paid to this but it would definitely help:

Could you make it possible to search SPECIFICALLY for unverified or sold items to see what prices they WERE listed at - a lot of the time it is hard to get an idea of value as, especially with high demand items, all those with a reasonable buyout have high turnover.

This means that those with unreasonable buyouts get left in the indexer while those with reasonable buyouts don't and you end up getting an inflated idea of what your item is worth when you set your own buyout. I have had trouble with this a couple of times and as a result it has taken me a while to adjust and actually find a reasonable price people are willing to pay for certain items.

Anyway some kind of index of past items would be hugely useful for pricing.

Other than that poe.xyz is an amazing tool and I'm really glad it exists.

It's an interesting idea, but:
1) Unverified item != sold item.
2) Currency rates change very fast, and thus prices change too.

And anyway, why not just price below the lowest buyout you find? Your item is worth less than items that you can find, considering that listed items do not sell for the price they're listed for.

Currency rates don't change THAT fast - they change on a weekly basis perhaps but trading is done daily, second by second even so relatively there is enough of a difference. I would also limit the record keeping to items which had buyouts only - it is pretty safe to assume that most items with buyouts that are now unverified were sold and were sold for the listed buyout price (at least in a majority of cases) and the human brain is capable of filtering out the anomalous results (i.e. suspiciously high or low buyouts) it is not meant to be a be-all-and-end-all to pricing, just an incredibly useful aid to price setting.

EDIT: forgot to say, to address your concern about currency rates changing you would have a default limit on the search to the past week - but this would be changeable just like the 'last seen' function.

The first point still stands. What items to show? Unverified? Those that were verified but got removed?
Why pricing under the lowest price won't work?
Stop hating me xyz! :(

J/K. I've been not showing online for quite a while now I think although I've only just realized. It's kind of " a feel " when you don't sell stuff in a regular day compared to others but when verifying some buyouts I just realized I was no longer tagged as online.

To state the obvious : Yes, I am laddered so there's no issues there.
I'll use the xyzbot thing until I hear back from you :-)

Thx for your awesome service!
"
TbXie wrote:

J/K. I've been not showing online for quite a while now I think although I've only just realized. It's kind of " a feel " when you don't sell stuff in a regular day compared to others but when verifying some buyouts I just realized I was no longer tagged as online.

It usually takes ~30 minutes to update online statuses from ladder. I just checked everything once again and it seems working fine. Are you playing the "laddered" character?
"
xyz wrote:
"
TbXie wrote:

It usually takes ~30 minutes to update online statuses from ladder. I just checked everything once again and it seems working fine. Are you playing the "laddered" character?

Jep, I was. Apparently it's fixed now. Probably took longer than half an hour this time.
"
xyz wrote:

So because of the behavior of a third party site, I'm forced to change the way I use the official forums or be bothered by people who think that my items are listed for sale? Come on, man. :/
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
"
MosesXIII wrote:
"
xyz wrote:

So because of the behavior of a third party site, I'm forced to change the way I use the official forums or be bothered by people who think that my items are listed for sale? Come on, man. :/

You can also post them with a huge buyout (i.e. 1000 exa) or inside a quote. Or ask me to blacklist your shop so that behavior of third-party sites doesn't interfere with your forum habits, I'll be happy to do that.

Why do you feel that posting your gear in your shop is a good idea?
Last edited by xyz on Apr 6, 2014, 11:06:19 PM
In this particular case, I am looking to make a trade without currency -- my Crown of Eyes for an upgrade to one of my characters. Obviously if I'm looking for upgrades, people will want to know what I have that needs upgrading.

As for a massive buyout, it doesn't work. I've tried that in a different scenario. People whisper you with things like, "You're not serious about that buyout are you? Here, let me offer you this!" Then they rage when you say that you're not really looking to sell it.

As for blacklisting my name, in this economy so centered around your site I'd barely get anything sold if you did that so I'll pass.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info