let's talk about your responses to "I Quit because loot system" threads

"
johnKeys wrote:

the shadow?
see not even half of the complete picture of gear, gems, play-style and skill tree.
not know he's a "fun build" alt rather than a "farm meeps" main.
establish an opinion based on zero information and proceed to pass judgement.
seriously, don't you guys ever learn?

Don't bother. If you play for fun, trying out new things and don't try to scrape every little currency out of every single piece of gear you own, a lot of the community here will never understand "why". The word "fun" is so damn subjective. "Etup" (or something like that) on the State of Exile stream even said so, after 100+ multiboxing Atziri runs:

"The first 10 were fun..."

90 Atziri runs. It's not fun. A game. Does... Not... Compute...

And this seems to be the path of a lot of people here. They grind and grind to the edge (and over) of boredom, but still goes on - because they NEED that last fusing to buy that awesome axe, just to make an other char - and repeat it all.

I'm to ald school for this community, so I keep to myself, playing alone, solo, self found - like I've always done, with D1, D2, D3...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

that's like saying "the crazed gunman brought you at gun-point to the edge of a cliff, and then you decided to jump. not the gunman's fault".

One day I want to make a top 10 JohnKeys horrible analogies and overstatements thread

Would that be okay with you or would you consider it a mean spirited thing?

Do it, I love to cringe at stupid analogies.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

that's like saying "the crazed gunman brought you at gun-point to the edge of a cliff, and then you decided to jump. not the gunman's fault".

One day I want to make a top 10 JohnKeys horrible analogies and overstatements thread

Do it, I love to cringe at stupid analogies.

Yes.
And be sure to put them in context of the equally-stupid arguments they came after.
Or would that knock the wind out of your trolling sails?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Are you going to call every single user who calls you out a troll now? Haha kinda sad.
I love teddy bears.
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
Are you going to call every single user who calls you out a troll now? Haha kinda sad.

I'm calling those who are here to troll me, trolls.
For those who disagree and can explain and discuss, without strawmen, in a mutually-respectful manner, your above assumption fails as early as the 2nd page.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 24, 2014, 2:39:11 AM
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

Yes.
And be sure to put them in context of the equally-stupid arguments they came after.
Or would that knock the wind out of your trolling sails?[/quote]

Nope. Would still be hilarious.

When can we expect to see this BerMal?
"just for try, for see and for know"
I dont get whats wrong with trading it's so easy at this point with Procurement automation and PoeXyz. Simply drop items in appropriately denominated tabs, make a thread and then people contact you. Takes about 10 seconds to make trade - I often do it when in a 78 map - just port to my HO person is there with currency in hand and we make transaction. I only play solo as well so I got 5 more portals. No big deal. Before you know it you'll have hundreds of chaos and even tens of exalts. Then you can buy something nice. You don't have to be some uber flipper. Just play and trade.

And Drops are bad because trade exists to correct them. If you don't take advantage of this mechanic you're at a severe handicap to beating content and yeah you'll complain about drops.

Here is a great video that taught me how to stop being disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TitbMURBfN4

I'm having a great time despite only finding 1 exalt in game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 24, 2014, 2:55:17 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont get whats wrong with trading it's so easy at this point with Procurement automation and PoeXyz. Simply drop items in appropriately denominated tabs, make a thread and then people contact you. Takes about 10 seconds to make trade

This. It's true that time spent trading isn't time spent killing monsters but then again time spent filling the forum with banal whiney posts isn't time spent killing monsters either.
"this" indeed, Randall.
Aim_Deep has hit the nail right on the head, and he doesn't even know it.

people like Aim_Deep trade and play, and can have everything.
people like GOMI just trade, and have everything multiple times over.
what about those who just play? those who look at this game and see an ARPG, that's about building characters, killing things and doing quests?

well unless they trade too, they can and will get screwed. unless they have exceptional luck in dice-rolling.
and don't give me the usual "no one is forcing you to trade" bullshit.
yes, bullshit. you, me and everyone else knows trade is as mandatory as it gets in this game. right down to orbs that have no vendor recipes, and up to content locked behind walls of trade.

my aim, is to change the game.
make it so the "ARPG" people get something too. obviously not the same "something" traders get and certainly not at the same rate/speed - but at least something rather than randomized nothing.
have a chance to reach even the highest tiers of gear and content, as an RNG-driven function of their own gameplay skill, game knowledge, and willingness to take risks.
a good loot-driven game is even constructed in a way, which encourages risks. while trade - if exists - is a handy shortcut rather than a necessity.
but here I go repeating myself for the Nth time.

and when people who tried playing this game like an ARPG - or are just bad at trade (intentionally or not) - and got screwed and frustrated into leaving, post their grim experiences, no one has any right to troll them.
no one, except assholes. assholes have the right to troll anyone by virtue of being assholes.

whenever someone responds to a genuine "quitting feedback" thread with "can I haz ur stuff" or "bye" or some other bullshit - it makes my skin crawl.
think about it, dear Path Of Exile "community".
step back, and think about what the fuck you have become.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 24, 2014, 4:33:57 AM
I am drunk and all so i will take a stab at this.

John, if you are aware of your situation and understand your position within the current game design you must acknowledge that first. From there on out you are able to take decisions that will benefit you in the long run.

What do i mean with this rather illusive sentence?

It's simple, you play SF and RPG, so find a role that is able to farm stuff. If that's not an option, allocate enough passive skill tree resources to survivability to counter the lack of solid drops.

I did this a year ago and i never had issue's getting into 78 maps or enjoying my SF experience, simply because my expectations where realistic for the position i was putting myself in.

That is what you are doing do, putting yourself in a certain position.

You know i mean well while i write this post, i have no ill intend towards anybody. But being realistic and understanding ones position is a start to appreciating it and enjoyment.

Also i am drunk atm, so there is that, otherwise i would have probably never posted in this thread.

Also i must agree with some of the people you call trolls do, you are "self-inflicting" a lot. That is not to say i don't understand your goal or desires, however, it is not for you to decide which direction this game unfolds to. So self inflicting in the hopes of yielding an un-realistic result won't yield any desirable results.

Cheers John.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info