[2.0 update!!!] Dyz's School of Stun - Stunlock the game - farm Atziri

"
GOdliked wrote:
Mind explain that comment: This build is destroyed in 1.3 rip"?
- 'cause I see a lack in health% and that's about it. Nothing else.

Ofc things can changed in day of realese but:

->Trully idiotic and anoying CULLING STRIKE added to MANDATORY perk. Troll MF parties mad and then get baned everywhere. Banishment- forever alone macers.
-> Less life(automaticly less regen)? Realy, again? Will it be compensated by more life per level? And yes it matter in case Dominus hit you first. Some randomer will start fight early and make old Domi rage. It also maters when there is reflect.It maters even more, when some vaal cycloner gets all reflecting mobs in one spot ;]
->Less stun treshold. Whye... To force people to use 2x Mings(now u don't have to use any to being succesfull) heart. It's only 8% or such but, still. Nerfed with no reason. Nerfed for very few people who play stun builds. Rarest build ever. U can't even find lvl 21 stun gems, and maces are so cheap u can aford them in 1/4(shot) of bows/daggers price per 1 dps.

Add new pasive skill 'hold ground' adding life, life regen and treshold as you not moving please. Make me shut-up and happy pls. Otherwise all these changes makes no sense.

PS: Culling stike has no sense in any scenario.

Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
Last edited by el_hombre_loco on Dec 7, 2014, 12:07:44 AM
RIP Stun builds

Why culling strike on stun? Why?
This is a game that goes out of its way to give advantages to party play.
Stun builds are party builds – your function is to stun monsters while the high DPS builds kill them.
Just like the MF cull build is to get the “kill” so their MF increases the drops and the quality of drops
Why does GGG want to fuck with this symbiosis?

Also lets be real DPS on a stun build isn't great because you have to sacrifice gem slots. That's the point. So by giving culling strike on stun to stun builds you're making the build pointless.

I don't see why they can't give maces onslaught like axes, or give maces another advantage. What about 0.25% - 1% stun threshold reduction per stun hit cumulatively. So every time you stun a monster with a hit you get a bit extra stun reduction?

If you don't take the node then? Like I'm planning on doing. Then the stun threshold reduction nerf on the skill tree goes from 8% to 18%. So what, we have to use Facebreakers to increase our stun threshold reduction now...?

One of the other things I find confusing is: Build popularity is usually a good indication of how over powered a build is.
Dual Spork and Ele buzzsaw are both good examples of this phenomena in PoE. I don't know about you but I've never seen a stun build on BotW.

And why is life getting nerfed again?
Culling Strike on Stun is the reason I want to play this build in Torment.
Executioner's perk is nice but it's very missleading since it only gives only a 6% damage increase against mobs on low life.
CS on Stun is very cool, I don't care about party since I play mostly solo.
So for solo that perk is fantastic.

It only excludes the possibility to party with a MF culler. I don't really get why these types of character are even possible. They're not even fun to play. You get more drops for the party but that's it.

Great buff for this build. I love it.
So far, this is what i've adjusted for the real 1.3 tree from user Godliked:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8O8i98uFBHKS7kUfGsVw3ZYdIhkc6tjfJBns3PfoIHpzB2rJ_LAefqGBRNNujkrfcyUea8n4ZghylnWHKpfNl3UxiRYVK2pGCRrKrE9lWpOzvvTuJDWfM8LX31l7SexV4TouqYCp8-wBrGrkz_agGUhyFVYEsS4d6WLdJmnho4tz4cp69s37LcPSz7BS360pBV_goMX2vZaPJBPwd1iiIXLxZv2L1TpTSO8B_ApicgZOfjaoY7ogBV1gSzgKTAZp_f73wnL0KO_EtVtQ==

It looks like i'm missing a few nodes (there's a pathway that's not totally connected)

Anyone have any input on this?
Last edited by moldyexile on Dec 13, 2014, 8:11:20 AM
"
Smoojoe wrote:
great build. loving it so far! Quick question: any reason why you're not picking up the destroyer node which gives additional stun duration?

Stun duration on the mace, and the stun mastery nodes is enough IMO.
IGN:Dyzaster
Eastern Standard Time GMT-6
Just wanted to add in my toon's changes with the 1.3 update

I've dropped from ~5,500 life to ~5,100, and my groundslam has dropped from 12,400 dps to around 11,000. I've gained a bit of armour, and having the full 6 endurance charges is nice (I didn't have enough points to grab all of them, previously).

The increased AoE is also quite nice. I feel like I've gotten at least 150% more range on my groundslam. My Heavy Strike remains pretty much unchanged at 23,000dps.

All in all, a little disappointing on the Life front, but nice on the range side of things. Still entirely playable.

thanks for the great build, Dyz

edit: forgot to mention, I had previously been sacrificing cold resist in order to keep a specific ring, which was giving me mana leech, life and dexterity. Due to the ele resist nodes we cut through, I grabbed the +%cold resist and now I'm all capped up! (finally!)

With the increased range and capped res, I am feeling much safer in maps.
Last edited by Aramatheis on Dec 16, 2014, 2:01:37 AM
Last edited by GnUeN on Dec 16, 2014, 1:30:12 PM
What's the suggested gem setup now with the counter attack gems? I feel like they can be really powerful.
Any updates? Is this build still viable?
IGN - Duck_Ya
This build is completely viable in 1.3 and totally kiks asssssss :D. Did atziri easily wihtout any issues. Here is my gear :D

My Passive tree :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQd1CZYOPBLhFCAUcRZvFy8YkRo4ITQhVSSqJy8t0jIJNZI26DbpOQ46UjrYPAU8LT38QT9Hfkz_UEdR5lhjWK9eE18_YEthIWFSZOdlTWaeaPJsRnJscql2rHgNfNmCB4KbhNmFUoZgh2qMz5BVkGyRzpSHl3mYCpo7nsWf36IAouqpJ6luqZStja9stC-18raku-28n702vqfAGsBmwKbEWMT2xtjPfti92WHZfNw93pbfsuJD42rkUeoY6wnsOO8O707vfPAf9kj3Mvjr-tI=

Im now going to try this perma stun with 1h shield. I think its possible because of the shield dps nodes but you will need a good weapon with REST on it. Ill keep you guyz posted.

THANKS SCHOOL OF STUN THIS BUILD PAWNS \m/
Peace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info