Tormented Temptress

"
Okay people this is months old why do you do this? Make a new thread about it.

months ----> years
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Because it's still a thing. Did this boss yesterday. What a colossal pain in the ass. And my build is probably one of the ones better-suited to dealing with her - poison stack Blade Vortex. I work in melee range, I have good DPS that bypasses energy shield, I have excellent movement while attacking, and it still took like 20 minutes to kill this annoying boss, because holy shit, will you fucking stand still for once?

The problem is it didn't feel like an interesting challenge, the way most bosses I can't facetank do. It just felt like a tedious slog. My LA character would have been utterly incapable of killing her, FWIW.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Very badly designed boss.
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:

Disagree.

It fills the design goal of "annoying troll boss" perfectly.

It's boring to have every single Map boss be a pure loot pinata. Once in a while, fighting a boss that actually uses tactics is refreshing.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:

Disagree.

It fills the design goal of "annoying troll boss" perfectly.

It's boring to have every single Map boss be a pure loot pinata. fighting a boss once that actually uses tactics is refreshing.

FTFY, cuss you know you aren't going to do it more than once. 1% bonus isn't worth that headache.
Still a pain. Hadn't done this map in a long time, but had to for challenge.
Now I remember why I have all those unused Whakawairua maps in my inventory.
This isn't tactics. This is programmed annoyance "now as a feature!"
Going to continue the legacy of this thread and bump it once again. This boss wasn't a "refreshing change of pace". Tormented Temptress is an annoying cunt, and I'm surprised that somehow I managed to kill her after about 20 minutes of her teleporting around (Not especially fun whenmy ping is around 800ms btw, and I'm running a Cospri's Cyclone build). God be damned if I'm every running Whakawairua Tuahu ever again, terrible boss this.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Nov 1, 2017, 6:40:38 AM
I ran this map/boss on many different chars and never have an issue with it.

This map is fucking golden for mayhem events and the like. It's like 15 unique's minimum with breach and beyond together etc.

The boss is "annoying" but you can force the AI in corners to get damage in. And if you do it fast enough and the iiq buff doesn't expire she can drop tons.

No clue how people take 10+ minutes on her though. Usually takes a minute or two on all of my builds no mater what kind.

And you can always optimize yourself for it if your planning to run it.(like taking flicker strike with you, triple chill/freeze removal + speed flasks etc)

I think she is easy compared to the vaal area proximity snake with physical rain/puncture etc which uses the same sort of "annoying ai"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
LItterally unkillable with frost blades, can't get close enough without getting frozen, can't do damage unless you get in close and with her constant teleport. This isn't a tough boss its a boss with BS buffs in order to make it 90% more difficult than it should be for the map tier.
Pathetic is the word you are looking for. Even more so that this shit is still a thing to this date. To whoever designed this, seek help.
Last edited by docon on Apr 18, 2023, 12:37:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info