Tormented Temptress

I just killed her tonight. I absolutely hated this boss. Previously I had never been able to kill the witch, but now I could easily. Then the siren shows up and the "fun" began.

How many bosses are going to rely on the tired proxy shield+running away constantly mechanic?

I can think of at least 3 already.

The only positive thing I can say about the fight is that she does literally no damage to you 99% of the time. Twice she warped on top of me and randomly did over 4k damage, despite her warps doing no damage every other time.

The only way I could even damage it was be swapping in added chaos damage and changing out glacial cascade for ball lightning.

Even then I had to literally abuse the shit AI and try and force it to warp back on top of me so I can temporarily pin it against the wall to get a few hits in.

They should have put the boss in a perfectly round room, then it would be practically impossible with any build resembling mine. Which seems to be the intended goal right?

Was it worth wasting 30+ min on one boss? Hell no, but so be it.

Last night I ran Death and Taxes for the first time, and had a blast. Only died once from the ice form, and its easily my favorite unique map by comparison.
Worst boss in the game by far. Just frustrating and not fun.
I hate the boss as well.

If I can recommend anything against her, it's poison arrow. It disregards the proximity shield.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Okay people this is months old why do you do this? Make a new thread about it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It's not that it fucking runs away, it's that I could stand here for 47 years and it could never kill me, just irritate me. That is bad design. I shouldn't have to anticipate something this specialized just to finish this map. F--------------------------- would never run again

Whoever designed this boss, I hope they got hit by a car shortly after. This is a stupid fight. It's not difficult, you aren't going to die, you're going to waste forever running around trying to kill it and maybe just maybe get lucky enough to get it stuck. OR playing one specific build that happens to do well against this type of encounter while 99.9998% of all other possible builds, 100's of 1000's of them just deal with annoying bullshit.

FUCKING TERRIBLE FIX THIS
IGN: SoulCinder
****ing boss doesn't even stay close enough to use her abilities against you.... She runs so far away... so fast... over and over that you can just afk and never die.

FIX THIS GARBAGE
IGN: SoulCinder
"
PerfectXtreme wrote:
****ing boss doesn't even stay close enough to use her abilities against you.... She runs so far away... so fast... over and over that you can just afk and never die.

FIX THIS GARBAGE

Reminds me of the snake boss in that one Vaal side area, except that one not only has the prox shield and run combo, but it also Punctures (which discourages chasing it) and is probably faster than you at that point in the game (which makes it hard to chase). And at the times you encounter it, it's perfectly capable of killing you with its AoE spam.

It's a very lazy counter to ranged characters. Simply make sure they can never actually deal damage to it and bam, ranged is countered. And just forget about killing it with channeled skills.
Well congrats GGG, you successfully trolled me. Newbish Arc witch here and yes I tried unusual tactics. I tried grabbing an SRS gem, a flicker strike gem, tried the "back to wall" trick, anything I could think of. No deaths but 6 portals later, I'm done playing for a while.

Inevitable forumgoer responses: "Cry more" "Git gud" "Boss is fine"

My response: I vote with my wallet. I have spent my share on a few supporter packs and some stash tabs and I'm taking a break now.
If I managed to kill it with flameblast, anybody can. I ended up carefully getting close to her (her?) and start charging the flameblast on top of me waiting for her to warp and hit her good. Very annoying and a lot of time wasted though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info