This game has so many performance issues

Yet, GGG ignore them, they might say cover up stuff like "we're working hard, we promise we'll fix it!" but in reality, they're not doing anything, just adding more useless content to this game...

loading this game (initial loading, not instance loading, theres a difference) takes a few minutes...

in maps with alot of foilage/rain/and just in general, alot of stuff in the map (jungle valley to name one of them) i get severe drops in FPS

Loading maps can be dreadful, a few mins ago i was running a graveyard map, took me a few seconds to load, then a few minutes... so, i waited, looked at my phone (i could still see the screen) and when it loaded, i died.... RIP 10 percent exp

Strongboxes, HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE issue, i actually avoid any strongbox with rogue exile in it, because i know for a god damn fact, that ill either panick flask then die, or shoot frantically, then die

either way, ill die

GGG atleast acknowledge that this game needs optimizing asap, im losing motivation to play tbh, i used to be all happy to play, but now its laggy as sht...

:/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Coding a entire game from scratch (instead of using a consolidated engine) was the worst mistake that GGG did.

Sadly there's no fix for that.
"
matrodi wrote:
Coding a entire game from scratch (instead of using a consolidated engine) was the worst mistake that GGG did.

i assume that because they are indie, they thought it would be okay to experiment with a new engine... but i dont think they expected the game to be this large.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
i have a half decent computer and i run my game on a ram disk or my ssd if im to lazy to load the ram disk and to be honest i have never had any of these problems you are describing. my initial game load time is under 5 seconds. It takes me less then 1 second to load any instance. Maybe it time to upgrade your toaster and start using a modern computer.
"
matrodi wrote:

you are right, but I wouldnt call it "mistake". They simply could not afford buying decent engine
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
1Z3R0 wrote:
i have a half decent computer and i run my game on a ram disk or my ssd if im to lazy to load the ram disk and to be honest i have never had any of these problems you are describing. my initial game load time is under 5 seconds. It takes me less then 1 second to load any instance. Maybe it time to upgrade your toaster and start using a modern computer.

umm... toaster?

sorry but, you must be one of those arrogant few that dont entirely understand what they are talking about, my PC is more then capable to handle this game, yet the optimization itself is disasterous...

Specs:

CPU: AMD Fx 6300 @ 4.6
GPU: Radeon r9 280x 3GB OC
RAM: 32GB DDR3

No SSD, but a black caviar WD 2TB

Yeah, id take improved performance over act4 any day of the year.

The desync is bad enough as it is, but at least with some experience you can guesstimate where and when it will hit you and prepare accordingly. It's still a huge issue, expecially for new players.

The loading times are just sick. The game basically REQUIRES a SSD to play, without one the initial loading can easily surpass 3 minutes, and every time there is something new on the map (strongboxes, times 10 with rogue exiles, summons, traps,...) the game hickups.

Framedrops at random intervals. Nothing on the screen ? Doesn't matter, fps drops from 200 to 30 for a few seconds. And then there are 3 packs of monsters casting spells all over and the fps isn't going down at all.

Performance issues with weather effects. This doesn't matter as much on a good rig, but is still noticable.

The fucking bugged strongbox/movementskill interaction. LW/LS/SM seem like the ideal tools to get away from the spawn. If the packs wouldn't teleport/jump with you half of the time. If the monsters even show up at all, that is.

Invisible spelleffects, and not only under water. Preemptively hit that ruby flask every time you see a cluster of searing bond totems at the screen's edge, there might be a fully charged Flamblast already.

...etc.

I really like the game, but all those issues just burn you out that much faster each season. Especially in HC leagues.
The optimizations are not happening because they are simply not devoting resources to it. :-)

It's not about buying / not buying engine.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Unhold wrote:
Yeah, id take improved performance over act4 any day of the year.

The desync is bad enough as it is, but at least with some experience you can guesstimate where and when it will hit you and prepare accordingly. It's still a huge issue, expecially for new players.

The loading times are just sick. The game basically REQUIRES a SSD to play, without one the initial loading can easily surpass 3 minutes, and every time there is something new on the map (strongboxes, times 10 with rogue exiles, summons, traps,...) the game hickups.

Framedrops at random intervals. Nothing on the screen ? Doesn't matter, fps drops from 200 to 30 for a few seconds. And then there are 3 packs of monsters casting spells all over and the fps isn't going down at all.

Performance issues with weather effects. This doesn't matter as much on a good rig, but is still noticable.

The fucking bugged strongbox/movementskill interaction. LW/LS/SM seem like the ideal tools to get away from the spawn. If the packs wouldn't teleport/jump with you half of the time. If the monsters even show up at all, that is.

Invisible spelleffects, and not only under water. Preemptively hit that ruby flask every time you see a cluster of searing bond totems at the screen's edge, there might be a fully charged Flamblast already.

...etc.

I really like the game, but all those issues just burn you out that much faster each season. Especially in HC leagues.

someone who finally understands the struggle XD

"
experiment with a new engine...

You mean "no engine".

"
Filousov wrote:
The optimizations are not happening because they are simply not devoting resources to it. :-)

Clearly you never coded a "hello world" in your life to say that.

"
Unhold wrote:
*sip*

The problem here is when all these clumps together.

Yeah you can deal with desync or play in potato quality (even if you have a cool rig)... but when you deal with desync, FPS drops, no AA/shadows/fullscreen/sound(!!!) (because FPS issues), no group play (because FPS issues), lag spikes, long loadings and random freezes all together it's just... uuugh. Not to mention cheats/RMT.

I mean why bother with this if you can double click any other free game (like dota2) and have a multiplayer experience with better graphics, better loading times, better FPS and cheaper cosmetics? Being honest, if VALVE announces a ARPG game right now would you still play POE? I won't.
Last edited by i8037 on Oct 17, 2014, 10:01:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info