This game has so many performance issues

What server are you playing I where you dc constantly?

Edit: 4GB RAM, nvm
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 19, 2014, 3:40:50 AM
One thing GGG admited in technical problems section is that the game is really strugling with radeons. I have 2 pcs with similar specs (sec is GFs), im running geforce and she runs it on radeon.

Radeon has HUGE issues with fps drops.

Also with 32gbs of ram its retarded not to use it as RAMdisk if most modern games not even use 4-8GB.

Repack system file of the game. They have terrible resource management, so any fragmentation of these resources only prolonges thw loading times.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
poe community at its best xDD
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Not even a slight problem here. Instances load in under a second and game takes 5 seconds to open initially.

I also have a 2nd PC upstairs which takes longer to load instances by a multiple of 4-5. Main difference? SSD.
Here is the Reality, GGG simply does not have a good graphical engine in the game. It is obvious. When the game first came out, some people pointed it out and got bashed. Even guys like Zenocidegenius, who was relatively ignorant to terrible engine, quickly became quite aware of it once, his computer died, and he had to use an older one.

Look at the Maurauder, look at his hands, look at his feet. His feet actually looks like the "mitten" feet and hands that was prevalent in the PS2 days, which has since disapeared since the PS3 generation, but yet it actually exist in this game.

So naturally, one would think that a game with such low graphical fidelity would fly with regards to frame rates, but it just doesn't. It isn't the rig, it isn't Radeons. ATI (now AMD) use to have terrible drivers, like. ummm 8 years ago, but has since had relatively great drivers. I for one, has an intel Sandy bridge 3820 (X79) processor, had a radeon HD 7970, 16GB ram, 250 GB SSD, plus a WD 1 TB raptor, and it still Lagged quite a bit. Granted I was running it at 2560 X 1600, but man did the frame rates drop at times, when many other games played much smoother while delivering far, far better graphics. I now have the GTX 970, which helps, but it still happens, and even at Sarn, my FPS is only about 65, so naturally when there are a lot of mobs, and with graphic effects, it too drops.

This combined with the whole Desync issue, and you simply have an unobtimized gaming engine, with an equally poorly optimized netcode and servers.

I can guarantee you that, in 1 month, when Dragon age Inquisition comes out, with all of its graphical beauty, it will have better frame rates and have less severe FPS drops, and the difference between release dates is only 1 year.

Now, I fully understand that Bioware is a much bigger company, backed by the dollars of EA. I fully understand Diablo is backed by a much bigger coorporation. We all get that. In fact, it is one of the things we liked about POE, the fact that GGG were people who actually played the hell out of Diablo 1 and 2, and loved the game, and simply wanted to make a game that is in the mold of diablo 2 and wasn't there just for the money. We like the fact that there is no pay to win, and that any money given is for tangential and not directly needed to play the game. BUT, that doesn't excuse us for being able to lay some blame when it exist.

GGG, fix the game's engine. It's simple as that, there should be no counter argument to this statement. While at it, Why is there just 4 Trap skills, 5 if you consider trap, and where are there just 2 mine skills, 3 if you consider remote mines and why hasn't there been any thing done to any of them in over a year?? why does ele hit sucks (and sucks your mana) and we have known this for a year, but yet nothing has been done to it? Just saying, it seems some skills are repeatedly tweaked, while others are just left to fester.
Put enough effects on screen, Diablo lags too. I've got videos to prove it. I'm not saying their engine is great, but... other companies with billions of dollars engines still aren't perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info