For the HLD folks

@bhai: sorry but your argument is failing. Failing a "commitment" not like I promised i would have it done within a certain time limit, i thought i'd manage it faster sure, but i didn't swear my life on it.

The big issue is that I have to pick between real life and uploading a vod and clearly my school and work go first (i cant stay up til midnight to queue a vod all the time. im dead tired in the morning). Whether you like it or not, i chose real life and delayed the vods. Not because I don't care for HLD (in fact I have LLD vods to upload too! so your point is mute), because I literally could not make it fit in my schedule over more important things. Your also making a big deal out of nothing. I failed to upload vods fast enough to your liking because of real life and this is supposedly a big deal? Im sorry your disappointed but the reasons I gave are real and i'll be starting up the uploads this weekend once im done my exams today and tomorrow.

@tempallo: You guys are still making the wrong assumption that I went there and pushed LLD. I was sent there for LLD. It was already decided that it was going to be LLD before they invited me over. I didn't push LLD over HLD while I was there. That's a lie.

In fact we actively tried adding things for HLD that would fit the schedule and make the 50 HLDers happy, while not requiring full time and money investment yet.

I am also not sure why everyone is ignoring the fact that HLD will have events. Like i said, he didn't stress them out, sure. But they are happening, yet you guys are still complaining. In fact HLDers complain way more than LLD (and i mean this b4 events), and that makes it hard to filter through the feedback. You guys are always at each other's throats, even here in this thread.

The truth is that this is serious time and money investment on GGG's part and if either LLD or HLD were to make them money by becoming popular, it would have higher chances to be LLD due to its greater accessibility to the masses. And we don't know if LLD will work. Maybe PVP will fail.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 16, 2014, 2:21:49 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
@bhai: sorry but your argument is failing. Failing a "commitment" not like I promised it'd have it done within a certain time limit, i thought i'd manage it faster sure, but i didn't swear my life on it.

Bro, you English?

"
GreenDude wrote:
ill have all the vods uploaded before the LLD tourney next weekend i promise.

Nevermind your excuses, now I'm just concerned that the person GGG chose to lead pvp development discussions lacks reading comprehension skills and makes imaginary distinctions between "commitment" and "promise" wherein "promise" magically requires swearing on one's life D:
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Oct 16, 2014, 2:27:20 PM
Yea how dare ggg and greendude take a first step to get pvp grow big without aiming at fixing everything instantly.. (jk ppl here are over reacting badly)

Sad thing is hld probably will never really hit the same way lld could (mirrored/mirror worthy gear or gtfo as it currently almost is). I don't think there is enough players that are both interested in pvp and rich enough to compete even semi competitively. By first putting the main focus on lld the pvp player base will have a much better chance of growing and take off to a point where hld can attract a larger player base.

I really don't get it people should be happy about this not throwing shit like this.
Man maybe i wrote my post not clear, but i've nothing against you.
The thing is that bedore there were 1000 pvpers, ggg didnt a shit and now there are 50 pvpers. When ggg will have done all there will be 3 ppl left cause we cant wait 2 years.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
KiPad wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
@bhai: sorry but your argument is failing. Failing a "commitment" not like I promised it'd have it done within a certain time limit, i thought i'd manage it faster sure, but i didn't swear my life on it.

Bro, you English?

"
GreenDude wrote:
ill have all the vods uploaded before the LLD tourney next weekend i promise.

Nevermind your excuses, now I'm just concerned that the person GGG chose to lead pvp development discussions lacks reading comprehension skills and makes imaginary distinctions between "commitment" and "promise" wherein "promise" magically requires swearing on one's life D:

There's no need to actually comment on someone's english/grammar or typos, even if you don't agree with him :)
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Except when one's English and grammar misunderstanding leads him to falsely claim another's argument is failing :)

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Oct 16, 2014, 4:54:00 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
@bhai: sorry but your argument is failing. Failing a "commitment" not like I promised i would have it done within a certain time limit, i thought i'd manage it faster sure, but i didn't swear my life on it.

The big issue is that I have to pick between real life and uploading a vod and clearly my school and work go first (i cant stay up til midnight to queue a vod all the time. im dead tired in the morning). Whether you like it or not, i chose real life and delayed the vods. Not because I don't care for HLD (in fact I have LLD vods to upload too! so your point is mute), because I literally could not make it fit in my schedule over more important things. Your also making a big deal out of nothing. I failed to upload vods fast enough to your liking because of real life and this is supposedly a big deal? Im sorry your disappointed but the reasons I gave are real and i'll be starting up the uploads this weekend once im done my exams today and tomorrow.

LOL. KiPad's point withstanding, you still don't fully comprehend what my point is. Sit down, re-read, and actually think about what you said here:

"
GreenDude wrote:
Now you guys understand why I didn't want to stream it, shoutcast it and get prizes for it (the HLD tourney). All i hear is complaining from HLDers and the worse is when we say "well why dont you come to LLD" they are like "oh no there is not enough diversity"

lol so you complain all day about HLD but diversity makes LLD broken to you?

You guys make me laugh :P

Anyway a little update on HLD: ill have all the vods uploaded before the LLD tourney next weekend i promise. we'll also be thinking about doing another HLD soon enough.

Breaking a promise you made to the HLD community is only part of the "argument" (tbh a relati. Your bias also shows abundantly in your attempt to incite conflict between HLD and LLD through false, broad-sweeping claims that are completely unwarranted. When I called you out on your bullshit, you hid behind the stupid post ex facto excuse that you were "just poking fun."

"
GreenDude wrote:
Maybe my post didnt sound like a joke but it was. Just poking some fun. :)

But that begs the question, what exactly were you joking about? Were you poking fun at the HLD community by reminding us that our tournament didn't have prizes and wasn't streamed or shoutcasted? Is that truly your idea of a funny joke? Regardless of whether you were joking or not, your prejudice against HLD is apparent.

"
GreenDude wrote:
Whether you like it or not, i chose real life and delayed the vods. Not because I don't care for HLD (in fact I have LLD vods to upload too! so your point is mute)

It's truly amusing that you only uploaded the HC LLD videos, which just so happens to be the particular server and event you participate in.

Does the fact that you didn't upload SC LLD vods as well as HLD vods make my point moot (lol), or does it only reaffirm that you are incapable of reeling in your biases and therefore strengthen the argument that you are a bad choice to help inform PvP decisions?

Edit: Not going to waste any more time trying to get my point across in this shitshow. Suffice to say that I would have preferred someone like Oats or Hege who have gameplay experience with both events and have been totally respectful to both communities to help inform PvP event and balancing decisions. While I appreciate all you have done for PvP, I think your only advantage is knowledge of tournament structure, which is the least of the many problems GGG will face with this patch.

And of course, I'm upset that, once again, HLD is on the backburner. People are arguing that it is good GGG is finally paying attention to PvP, and that will positively impact HLD. I agree, but now HLD is #3 on the priorities list behind PvE and LLD. I'm unconvinced that HLD is better off in light of recent developments.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Oct 16, 2014, 4:43:40 PM
Guys are you kidding me right now? Greendude is not being payed for this....this is not his job. He took time off work and his daily life to go across the world and help organize pvp. He may not have the most experience and knowledge when it comes to pvp but he has the will to learn and wants to help GGG understand the core of PvP which he gathers from each of us.

Do you all honestly think you can take time from your daily life to fly to NZ and help GGG fix this? How the hell would GGG filter through all the scrubs and Elite pvpers right now? They dont need to. What GGG did was right. They took the person who is making a big commitment from his own pocket and time for no reason other than he enjoys it.

We have all been patient for years waiting for this. Yes some of the best pvpers quit but with prizes and awesome events about to happen more people will join for pvp guaranteed. Help be constructive...I know pvp is over due (I have been waiting since alpha for it bros), but now is the time to try to help it come together faster and hype it up. quit this bitch fest about o I didnt get my pvp mode first, "You lied to me greeendude", and bullshit about biased opinions on pvp.

Do you guys actually think they arent trying to balance it? Do you think they are just listening to what people post on the forums and adjusting it without testing it first? AT ANY POINT IN TIME GGG CAN TAKE ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS, ALL OF THEIR GEAR AND PLAY WITH IT ON THEIR TEST SERVERS. PvP will be balanced its a matter of time. They arent just going off of posts from whiners and "The Elite".

seriously get your shit together everyone, we waited years and we can wait a couple more months.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Oct 16, 2014, 3:53:37 PM
No one is criticizing greendude as far as I can understand. We are criticizing GGG picking Greendude (exclusively) for X reasons. Greendude is (poorly) contesting the validity of these X reasons --> arguments and shitshow in this thread

Ya I wouldn't say shit about GreenDude and haven't. I'm even fucking around when it comes to the lld thing, this is the step forward we've been waiting for. Gotta start somewhere but at least its actually started now.

As far as GreenDude's grammer. Hey I get it a lot of people here are from different countries. Plus factor in the fact everyone's been flinging shit at poor GreenDude here all night. He doesn't need to be burned at the stake for his contributions to GGG. He openly admitted to be ignorant in regards to HLD. Only thing left now is not how LLD turns out via GreenDude's influence. Its who will be the voice of HLD. I'm a straight dick all the time and I get it, but I am not bias and my points are valid + proven. I would elect someone like Tommie or maybe another guy who isn't as much of an asshole as I am but still shares the same views.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 16, 2014, 4:12:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info