[1.3] 85k DPS Glacial Hammer / 80k dps Ground Slam Build. Resolute Technique.

updated my OP with new tree and i'm experimenting ground slam with concentrated effect / increased AoE with hatred and herald of ash.

look at OP DPS spoiler to see what it look like.

i do have some mana issue but the potion does help, this is a huge DPS increase.
IGN: CharacterNameNotUsed
Last edited by Spirch on Dec 14, 2014, 9:23:25 PM
With this tree I bet you could switch Glacial Hammer and put Heavy Strike instead. No +elemental dmg nodes, no freeze chance nodes... dude, honestly, I wonder why you're using GH if there's no real point of using it.
I'd suggest going to Templar area, and the tree would look like this, it's +20% of freeze chance and tons of cold damage buffed. Then it could be called "Glacial Hammer and Ground Slam Build", 'cause so far it's more like "Any_Single_Target_Melee_Skill and Ground Slam Build". No offense.
Last edited by Helokity on Dec 31, 2014, 5:42:24 AM
"
Helokity wrote:
With this tree I bet you could switch Glacial Hammer and put Heavy Strike instead. No +elemental dmg nodes, no freeze chance nodes... dude, honestly, I wonder why you're using GH if there's no real point of using it.
I'd suggest going to Templar area, and the tree would look like this, it's +20% of freeze chance and tons of cold damage buffed. Then it could be called "Glacial Hammer and Ground Slam Build", 'cause so far it's more like "Any_Single_Target_Melee_Skill and Ground Slam Build". No offense.

I don't really like the knockback of heavy strike so that is why i'm not using it.

And the glacial hammer help me against physical reflect monster

And I'm using melee splash so this is not a single target skill.

I currently do 70k dps with glacial hammer and 64k dps with ground slam, i'm pretty sure going in the templar area to get these cold nodes would bring my dps down for my glacial hammer and it would kill my ground slam dps.

I quickly done some math, I hope I didn't make any mistake but:

I would go from 87% attack speed increase to 37%
I would go from 616% physical damage to 367%
I would lose the +2 weapon range that help glacial hammer
I would be moving slower since I would lose the "ignore armor penalty" node

to gain: 92% elemental damage and 115% cold damage?

Losing that much attack speed..... I don't see why I would kill my DPS

My main attack is ground slam anyway

updated my OP
With 60k+ DPS, how are you not killing yourself vs reflect? I haven't completed my char yet to test it out, but it seems like armour alone isn't going to be enough to not die to reflect. And yes I know you can be careful, but I don't like to think too much when playing. Just like to run around smashing shit and not worrying about reflect packs. So I was thinking of a couple options:

1) Have you considered using Lightning Coil?

2) What about using a Physical to Lightning Gem?

Also wondering if ditching the Glacial altogether and having a 4 socket dedicated to a Herald of Ash / Proliferation set up would be better. Ground slam should 1 hit most mobs, but the ones that don't should burn off from Herald of Ash shouldn't they?
Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 6, 2015, 2:02:48 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
With 60k+ DPS, how are you not killing yourself vs reflect? I haven't completed my char yet to test it out, but it seems like armour alone isn't going to be enough to not die to reflect. And yes I know you can be careful, but I don't like to think too much when playing. Just like to run around smashing shit and not worrying about reflect packs.

I have a total of 9% life leech and I must be more careful against elemental reflect while using glacial hammer, not so much while using ground slam.

I never had issue with glacial hammer or ground slam vs physical reflect.

"
VixTrader wrote:

1) Have you considered using Lightning Coil?

2) What about using a Physical to Lightning Gem?

I never looked at lightning coil and after a quick look, no i don't think i would consider using it, I don't really see the point

for the gem, it is new in 1.3 right? i will do a little more reading about it, thanks :-)

"
VixTrader wrote:

Also wondering if ditching the Glacial altogether and having a 4 socket dedicated to a Herald of Ash / Proliferation set up would be better. Ground slam should 1 hit most mobs, but the ones that don't should burn off from Herald of Ash shouldn't they?

I could do that, i would have to check what kind of 6L could be done. Not really sure what.

I like the freeze / culling at 33% life of glacial hammer, this alone help me instant-kill tons of mob thanks to melee splash!
"

Really? I haven't quite put my gear together to test it out, but it seems to me that 60k DPS would be a problem. Without Acuity's or Vaal Pact, and no Lightning coil to reduce physical damage by the 40%, you can seriously just ground slam a physical reflect mob at 60k DPS and not die?
Reflect is not too much of an issue if you don't go crit. Remember, the mobs can only reflect as much damage as is dealt to then. Seeing as most mobs have far less hp than 60k and die in well under a second you're not really having to deal with that much reflect damage. Also remember that a large part of the 60k is also elemental.

For my dual wielding crit doryani, not even my 100k cyclone can oneshot me to any form of reflect, though it can come close.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jan 7, 2015, 12:05:34 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
"

Really? I haven't quite put my gear together to test it out, but it seems to me that 60k DPS would be a problem. Without Acuity's or Vaal Pact, and no Lightning coil to reduce physical damage by the 40%, you can seriously just ground slam a physical reflect mob at 60k DPS and not die?

Like I said, I don't really care when I go against physical reflect mobs (solo, i don't really play with others)

I really dislike elemental reflect.
"
VixTrader wrote:
"

I think the main reason that physical reflect doesn't bother me is my 4L gem on my boot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info