[1.3] 85k DPS Glacial Hammer / 80k dps Ground Slam Build. Resolute Technique.

cool build! could you post a video of you doing a decent map ? :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
attack speed node or melee damage node?

I think I will go with speed

IGN: CharacterNameNotUsed
"
cmphx wrote:
cool build! could you post a video of you doing a decent map ? :D

uploading the video on youtube right now!

when ready, i will post it
OP updated

change: tree, dps and video now added
Thank you very much for uploading the video!!

I am very impressed of your build, i never thought you could reach such amazing dps with resolute technique !

Also compliments to your passive tree, it looks like its perfectly optimized! I would not suggest going for elemental nodes, since hatred, herald of ash and added fire all are based on physical damage. that means increasing physical damage is the best option.

Some comments/questions:

How does this build do on a budget ?
Youve got a very nice 600dps hammer. How much do you pay for such a godly piece? Since i am interested in making a budget version of your build, i want to know how your clearspeed and dps is like with lets say a 450 or a 500dps weapon. Can you test that?
How is your clearspeed with a 5L Groundslam (probably leaving out conc effect) ?

About your Glacial hammer: Why do you actually use Melee Splash? I would rather use it as a single target skill only - you could switch melee splash for weapon elemental damage to maximize your cold output. Are you able to permafreeze map bosses with that? If not, are you able to freeze them with a Frostbite curse (switched in for your portal gem) ?

Mana sustain/Flasks:
I see you use 4 Hybrid flasks, is that really necessarry? Is just 2% mana leech enough to sustain constant groundslamming, or do you need those flasks from time to time?
Do you think going for Mana Flows in the duelist start area could help?

Attributes:
It seems you need about 50 int and 80dex on your equipment to use all those gems because the tree doesnt provide much attributes other than strength. How hard is it to get such high attributes on the gear?

Atziri:
Have you tried killing Atziri with this? I believe its very much viable, you could also use heavy strike to kill her instead of glacial hammer.

What is your own opinion and experience with this build? How tanky are you? How does clearspeed feel to you? How much currency did you invest ?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
Thank you very much for uploading the video!!

I am very impressed of your build, i never thought you could reach such amazing dps with resolute technique !

Also compliments to your passive tree, it looks like its perfectly optimized! I would not suggest going for elemental nodes, since hatred, herald of ash and added fire all are based on physical damage. that means increasing physical damage is the best option.

I agree but I'm thinking of getting the Elementalist Node close to the area of effect node by regretting the Sentinel node close to the scion, but losing that 24% armour scare me a little

"
cmphx wrote:
How does this build do on a budget ?
Youve got a very nice 600dps hammer. How much do you pay for such a godly piece? Since i am interested in making a budget version of your build, i want to know how your clearspeed and dps is like with lets say a 450 or a 500dps weapon. Can you test that?
How is your clearspeed with a 5L Groundslam (probably leaving out conc effect) ?

I paid about 20-25 ex for it a few month ago, paid by trading items(16-20 ex worths) and a few orbs, it was a 5L6S, i did a 6L by using about 100-125 fusing, I got lucky :-)

I have this but I don't really use it, I have it on secondary weapon

I could use a few chroms on it and see how it goes but not right now

"
cmphx wrote:
About your Glacial hammer: Why do you actually use Melee Splash? I would rather use it as a single target skill only - you could switch melee splash for weapon elemental damage to maximize your cold output. Are you able to permafreeze map bosses with that? If not, are you able to freeze them with a Frostbite curse (switched in for your portal gem) ?

Splash allow me to freeze/shatter complete mob and i like the 33% culling strike effect :-)

Also, freezing help me to get out of situation where I'm close to dead.

if you look at my video at 2m12s, i'm close to permafreeze it. I never looked at frostbite, i will later :-)

"
cmphx wrote:
Mana sustain/Flasks:
I see you use 4 Hybrid flasks, is that really necessarry? Is just 2% mana leech enough to sustain constant groundslamming, or do you need those flasks from time to time?
Do you think going for Mana Flows in the duelist start area could help?

On that 7 minutes video, I think i used at maximum 5 time the flask. I didn't count but yes, I do sometime need to use it for mana/life purpose. I use the flask to get out of bleeding or when frozen. The granite one is useful against heavy hitter. Also I like the one that remove all curse.

"
cmphx wrote:
Attributes:
It seems you need about 50 int and 80dex on your equipment to use all those gems because the tree doesnt provide much attributes other than strength. How hard is it to get such high attributes on the gear?

I have to sacrifice on elemental resistance, I don't have tri-resist stuff for that reason.
I also focus on attack speed on my gears.

"
cmphx wrote:
Atziri:
Have you tried killing Atziri with this? I believe its very much viable, you could also use heavy strike to kill her instead of glacial hammer.

I never tried, I should when i get that level 90. I don't really like the knockback of heavy strike, that is why i went with glacial hammer.

"
cmphx wrote:
What is your own opinion and experience with this build? How tanky are you? How does clearspeed feel to you? How much currency did you invest ?

I feel need more life and armour but other than that I love my build.

I spent EASILY less than 13ex pure orb worths on that build, I traded a lots of items or gem that I found to get all my gears. I found my armour in a map, it was 6S. I also 6Linked it with less than 200 fusing.
updated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info