[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
pijanapanda wrote:
You talking about phys build in this thread? Shame on you!
You can do this BM variant on elemental build (BM+Blood Dance and 100% mana for Wrath+HoT+Grace). You will lose Inner Force but gain at last crazy HP regen, onslaught and nice AS bust from Blood Rage.
Maybe you will don't even need BD boots. 2% HP regen from tree and some life gain on hit is probably enough.

How dare I include a physical build in my own thread :P I'm probably going to update this to a Dreamfeather guide and include the physical version. For now: The thing with the original build is that there's no room for Blood Magic. Cleave + Weapon Elemental Damage + Multistrike + Blood Magic... That's four red gems, which isn't going to work well in a pure evasion chest.

Now, in The Awakening you could use Reave (since it was buffed) instead of Cleave and Vorici to get three red slots in your chest, although that Blood Magic gem is worth at least 5 skill points on the tree (that's a very conservative estimate) in terms of damage you'll lose. If you can get a lvl 3 Enlighten to support the "aura" setup or if you want to use Cleave or Lightning Strike, I think you're better off investing in mana nodes and using a damage support gem instead of Blood Magic. Otherwise, yes, Blood Magic is an option (Cyclone, anyone?). And you can use Blood Dance, whether or not you use Blood Magic, to easily generate 5-6 Frenzy Charges.

Hello 6th Frenzy Charge (assuming I take a charge as the last bandit reward). I wouldn't bother with the charge next to Deflection, and the one by Cloth and Chain is WAY too far away for an elemental build.

With Onslaught, you must be talking about Graceful Assault on the tree? I don't know if that's worth the 4 or 5 points yet. Definitely an option.

Ok, so with all that said, I still think it's easier (but not necessarily better) to work with a physical build. Leech is more effective since you'll deal more physical damage, physical resistance on enemies is a joke in comparison to elemental resistance, linking Fortify to your main attack is an option, the pathing allows you to easily take two more charges on the tree, and mana is clearly not preferable to Blood Magic when you take Blood Dance into account.

"
CantripN wrote:
For what it's worth, I've met a guy who's done a Phys version of it in Beta, and it failed miserably (and he had the gear).

Hmm... Do you know what his tree looked like? Has the buffed Dreamfeather been added to beta?

"
As for Costs, a few mana-on-hit Jewels should be plenty ok, perhaps with an Elreon ring or 2 and some mana leech from what phys you do deal. I'm not sure if it's better off with Blood Dance or Windscream, too, since that would give you a whole range of options, and the boots have some useful stats besides.

Blood Dance does allow for easy Blood Rage (possible without it, though) and helps with your Life regen, however.

Good point; mana on hit jewels can help too. Windscream's nice (especially so you can apply Conductivity and/or Elemental Weakness), but I would probably opt for Blood Dance in order to use Blood Rage more easily.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 6, 2015, 10:56:01 AM
Really interested in the phyiscal version. I think the elemental version is too sprawling for me personally. I'm really liking the synergy posibilites with dex/evasion/cold, etc in 2.0
"
Bradeh wrote:
Really interested in the phyiscal version. I think the elemental version is too sprawling for me personally. I'm really liking the synergy posibilites with dex/evasion/cold, etc in 2.0

I'm looking forward to the cold interactions too. Hypothermia, Arctic Armour, Frost Blades (Flash Freeze on the tree was made for that skill)...

The only things I don't like about the phys tree are that it only passes by 1 immediate jewel node and there's no access to AoE nodes. Here's a physical tree update. No need for any block nodes, Duality is better than Swagger. The tree will be a little different for Frost Blades.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
What do you think of the newly buffed Hyrri's Ire? Do you think it will replace Queen of the Forest?
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Bradeh wrote:

I'm looking forward to the cold interactions too. Hypothermia, Arctic Armour, Frost Blades (Flash Freeze on the tree was made for that skill)...

The only things I don't like about the phys tree are that it only passes by 1 immediate jewel node and there's no access to AoE nodes. Here's a physical tree update. No need for any block nodes, Duality is better than Swagger. The tree will be a little different for Frost Blades.

Yeah, that tree is looking good. You feel going up the Scion area is better than spending more points in the Duelist/Ranger/Shadow areas? Nodes like Celerity or Graceful Assault for example. Would nice to see more infomation about Frost blades, I'm kinda leaning towards Reave at the moment. The buff to Hyrri's Ire is looking tasty...
Last edited by Bradeh on Jul 6, 2015, 6:49:39 PM
"
TehHypocrite wrote:
What do you think of the newly buffed Hyrri's Ire? Do you think it will replace Queen of the Forest?

I like it. Far better than the old one. Will it replace QotF? It's a preference, really. I doubt it for me (I love Queen's life, resists, and, above all, movement speed), but it'll be an option for those who want an even more dodgy character.

"
Bradeh wrote:
Yeah, that tree is looking good. You feel going up the Scion area is better than spending more points in the Duelist/Ranger/Shadow areas? Nodes like Celerity or Graceful Assault for example.

I think the Scion area is worth it for the life, evasion, and attack speed. I don't really know where else I'd go in the Duelist area aside from Graceful Assault or, less likely, Vitality Void or Ambidexterity.
"
Tempada wrote:

"
Bradeh wrote:
Yeah, that tree is looking good. You feel going up the Scion area is better than spending more points in the Duelist/Ranger/Shadow areas? Nodes like Celerity or Graceful Assault for example.

I think the Scion area is worth it for the life, evasion, and attack speed. I don't really know where else I'd go in the Duelist area aside from Graceful Assault or, less likely, Vitality Void or Ambidexterity.

Imo if you want optimize this build you should consider start as Scion for 3 more jewels.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Jul 7, 2015, 6:02:22 AM
"
pijanapanda wrote:
Imo if you want optimize this build you should consider start as Scion for 3 more jewels.

In the elemental or phys build? You could start as a Scion, but I don't think it's as effective as starting as Ranger, and I wouldn't spend points on the third jewel in the south (melee physical damage doesn't do much for the elemental build and resistances can be capped with gear).

Compare this (Scion) to this (Ranger) elemental version. Same number of points, but the Ranger gets 13% increased attack speed, 36% increased evasion, +10% to all resists, and 15% increased life above what the Scion gets. The Scion gets some life/mana regen and two jewel slots. Maybe the difference isn't that big, but it gets bigger if you want to make a physical version.

What kind of path did you have in mind?

Edit: I take back some of what I said. This would be quite nice for a Scion in a mana-based build. Plenty of mana and mana regen. I'm going to have to try that... If you go Blood Magic, this is better.
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 7, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
will you update a version with 2.0?
i found that you can run wrath and herald of thunder and a lvl 7 clarity with a max of 900 mana and still have 180 mp left

or do you want to update it to use blood magic and vaal pact now that vaal pact is on the right side of the passive tree
"
serpentine98 wrote:
will you update a version with 2.0?
i found that you can run wrath and herald of thunder and a lvl 7 clarity with a max of 900 mana and still have 180 mp left

or do you want to update it to use blood magic and vaal pact now that vaal pact is on the right side of the passive tree

I'll definitely be updating :) There will be versions for mana and Blood Magic (gem).

Wrath and Herald of Thunder are great, but you really don't want to leave out Grace once you have Dreamfeather, so the problem is mana remaining after using all three "auras" by late game (dropping even just HoT is a big hit to damage). Assuming you take your attack skill to lvl 20 now that elemental damage scales with the gem, you need to link the auras to Enlighten and stack some mana, or you need more reduced mana reserved nodes on the tree, in order to have enough mana remaining to sustain your attack. We aren't particularly close to Sovereignty, so stacking mana it is... Or we could just ignore mana completely and link Cleave/Reave to Blood Magic.

Vaal Pact keeps coming up. Why would that be used here, especially since this build doesn't have much leech? If I go Blood Magic, I'd much rather use The Blood Dance boots and get a bunch of regen (great with Blood Rage) than sacrifice regen completely for life gain on hit. I feel so naked without regen...
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 8, 2015, 10:16:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info