[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
(I'm new to POE so this might sound a little dumb)

What else should I keep an eye out for when low level? I realize that the core of the build doesn't activate until in the 60's, so what kind of Uniques would be good in this case?

And because the full tree at 80 is posted, are there any specific nodes I should be rushing when I start a new character? Or can I just follow the Passive Point progression through?

This doesn't sound dumb at all. Aside from the gems, keep a lookout for swords with high elemental damage and attack speed. In terms of leveling uniques, Wanderlust boots are just awesome for the movement speed, mana regen, and Cannot Be Frozen mod, or there's Sundance for attack and movement speed. Slitherpinch gloves might be useful when you hit level 27. Asenath's Mark helm gives more attack speed and mana regen to sustain it, and there's Deidbell at level 33 with its increased melee damage... Really life and resists are most important outside of movement and attack speed.

For the leveling progression, grab Heart of Oak first, then Herbalism, then Acrobatics, then I'd alternate between heading for Phase Acro, Trickery, and Quickstep (pick up Thick Skin or Revenge of the Hunted if you want more life). After that it's a long trek to Amplify. I'd probably grab Forces of Nature and Celerity along the way. After that, it's up to you.

I actually didn't level this character from scratch (I turned an old level 80 archer into this build with a free respec), so some other players might have more specific tips.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
"
I might try this for the 1 month league.

Cool, I'd like to hear how this goes. The trouble is that there are a number of required high level uniques, so the build won't really take off until higher levels (and that's assuming you make enough currency to trade for the items; I have no idea what the economy will be like). You can level with two high aps elemental swords, and Queen of the Forest isn't necessary, it's just a big part of the build's fun factor.

(I'm new to POE so this might sound a little dumb)

What else should I keep an eye out for when low level? I realize that the core of the build doesn't activate until in the 60's, so what kind of Uniques would be good in this case?

And because the full tree at 80 is posted, are there any specific nodes I should be rushing when I start a new character? Or can I just follow the Passive Point progression through?

Never mind, burned some Regrets to circumvent the leveling issue :P

Spoiler

Took a little bit to get everything together, but here is the first draft of items. Rolls are of course not the best, but I gotta make do with what I have. Skill Gems were either leftover from other builds or Level 1, so atm only ~10K DPS, but every time a skill gem levels up the DPS spikes again. Will be nice to see where I can get. Very fun so far.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
So I want to go for this build, and have 2 dreamfeathers... Still working on queen of the forest. Couple questions, mostly around leveling.

I've respecced my character, but hes only 63. So have a few levels to go before I can use gear. What should I play to get those levels? Should I grind on some gems now that Ill need later, or try to find some higher level throwaway stuff (i.e. gems that aren't part of the build but might help me level).

So far, I just keep dying so I need a better strategy. I won't link my gear unless requested, because its all a mix of stuff. I do have tableau, and some decent items but nothing worth more than an ex or two.

Suggestions on what to play to get to level 69 or so?
"
saxisa wrote:
So I want to go for this build, and have 2 dreamfeathers... Still working on queen of the forest. Couple questions, mostly around leveling.

I've respecced my character, but hes only 63. So have a few levels to go before I can use gear. What should I play to get those levels? Should I grind on some gems now that Ill need later, or try to find some higher level throwaway stuff (i.e. gems that aren't part of the build but might help me level).

So far, I just keep dying so I need a better strategy. I won't link my gear unless requested, because its all a mix of stuff. I do have tableau, and some decent items but nothing worth more than an ex or two.

Suggestions on what to play to get to level 69 or so?

I had a Lightning Arrow Ranger I was playing that I just had to get 3-4 levels on and respec

This is one of the concerns I had in my previous post and I just made the decision to pull the trigger on Regrets asap
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
saxisa wrote:

Coming in at that level is tricky since you probably haven't been leveling Herald of Thunder, Wrath, Grace, Added Lightning/Lightning Penetration, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Faster Attacks along the way (a huge portion of the damage comes from gems). I'd get what gems you can and level them with Cleave and swords that you've found in lower level areas to build up your damage, then slowly increase the difficulty of areas you farm.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:

Coming in at that level is tricky since you probably haven't been leveling Herald of Thunder, Wrath, Grace, Added Lightning/Lightning Penetration, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Faster Attacks along the way (a huge portion of the damage comes from gems). I'd get what gems you can and level them with Cleave and swords that you've found in lower level areas to build up your damage, then slowly increase the difficulty of areas you farm.

Yep thats kinda what I thought. Some of the stuff Ive managed to level from other charts, but this is what I'm playing right now (I know I said I wouldn't link my gear :) ). Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
"
saxisa wrote:
Suggestions?

I'd drop Aurseize and Perandus Blazon and get rare items with life and resists (and increased elemental damage with weapons on the belt if possible, maybe attack speed or lightning damage on the gloves). I'd also look for rare swords with high aps (2 or higher if possible) that have tri elemental damage. These things should be inexpensive in Standard.
Do you think it would be advisable to instead of using the queen of the forest chest use a

For the extra dodge, and endurance charges?

As far as i can tell you would lose a small amount of life, your resists, and the massive movement speed, but gain survivablity i'd imagine, not to mention the onslaught buff which would allow us to attack even faster.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
hello i'm totaly loveing this build but:
i only use a 5L but i do run
*wrath
*anger
*grace
im at lvl 74 and my dps is 24k how to increase my damage?
:here's my gear

any tips for gearchanges ? (resi all 90+ in merc)

(edit) i dont use iner force bcos its removed in 2.0
dank
Last edited by bjornNL on Apr 23, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
"
Based_Nito wrote:
Do you think it would be advisable to instead of using the queen of the forest chest use a

For the extra dodge, and endurance charges?

As far as i can tell you would lose a small amount of life, your resists, and the massive movement speed, but gain survivablity i'd imagine, not to mention the onslaught buff which would allow us to attack even faster.

I wouldn't personally give up QotF because the permanent movement speed boost is so much fun, I like resists on my chest (especially since I don't get them on boots or weapons and only get a limited amount on the helm), plus I'm not a fan of situational effects. The chest's attack speed, dodge, and life leech bonuses are nice, but the build already generates endurance charges pretty well (I have some ideas for changes when The Awakening goes live), heals easily with a life potion and Atziri's promise, and I wouldn't underestimate movement speed. Give it a go if you can and maybe you'll like Daresso's better. If your funds are limited, go with what seems more fun/interesting to you.

"
bjornNL wrote:
hello i'm totaly loveing this build but:
i only use a 5L but i do run
*wrath
*anger
*grace
im at lvl 74 and my dps is 24k how to increase my damage?

Good! So, this build is about a lot of little things that add up. First, bring both swords to 20% qual for a little extra physical damage. Next, vendor your lvl 20 Faster Attacks with a single Gemcutter's Prism to get a lvl 1 Faster Attacks with 20% qual. That won't give you more damage at first, but it won't take much leveling before it does. Do the same with Multistrike once it hits lvl 20. Try to get max qual on Weapon Elemental Damage. Look for "increased elemental damage" plus "x-y lightning damage" on your accessories. Level up and take more damage nodes. This should help a bunch.

Did you take Sovereignty in order to use Anger? The original build used Anger (it actually went up to Influence), but I eventually switched to Herald of Thunder to save points on the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info