[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

"
Firnefex wrote:
Level 67 now, playing with 1 Dreamfeather + TTT shield.
Gems are 16, DPS=7.1k while running Grace, Wrath, HoI, HoT.
Little 7 Mana left and 5 Mana cost at 5L due to 2 Elreon's. (every 4-5 Multiattacks there is 1 Pause if no PM on target)

Grace was a really needed Defensiv boost with Tabula, but my Lifepool isn't that high and if the Entropie of EV is nearly at the treshold, then accurate hard hitting Mobs struck me few times in a row that I'm instadead. If I play safer then its ok though.

What's a TTT shield? Do you have another Dreamfeather to test out? A single Dreamfeather unfortunately makes for a weak character. Grace is great in every way with this build (added defense, increased dps, more movement speed with Queen of the Forest), and everything will get better with QotF. Do you have Atziri's Step?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
TTT = Thousand Teeth Temu

I have another Dreamfeather, but sadly in Standard... ;-)
Have to wait for another 2 APS one. But you are right, after using Grace I haven't thought about using my other Sword again. Lets try it now! ;-)

As this is my first Torment Character, I am a bit short on Jewellers and Fusings and I won't equip QotF until its at least 5L when I now have a potential 6L, don't you think?

I'm looking for cheap Atziri's Step and QotF atm, but Vendors aren't online.
If I get these Boots, then I really have to compensate my Resistances as I now have 73/76/75%.
Without QotF or High-End Accessories this is hard to achieve...

Edit:
Wuhu! My first Zana in Grotto Map and it was Untainted Paradise! It was so wonderful for me and my Gems... I made 3 Levels and got around 700 DPS! :-)
Last edited by Firnefex on Feb 4, 2015, 3:19:05 PM
"
Firnefex wrote:
As this is my first Torment Character, I am a bit short on Jewellers and Fusings and I won't equip QotF until its at least 5L when I now have a potential 6L, don't you think?

Ah, it's tough with the first character. If you already have a Queen of the Forest, definitely equip it, even if it's only a 4L. If you have to buy one, then yeah, you might as well wait until you can afford a nice 5L 6S one (unless non 5Ls are really cheap anyway).

"
Wuhu! My first Zana in Grotto Map and it was Untainted Paradise! It was so wonderful for me and my Gems... I made 3 Levels and got around 700 DPS! :-)

Sweet!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I'm 76 and got a rather good QotF for 8c. Could only 5S4L it so far... ;-(
Lost at least 1k DPS (now 11,2k), but now I have 83% MS and Atziri's Step at max Res.

It is really different without my Knockback gem, more enemies in melee range but also more Evasion and quicker positioning. Overall its just a trade of MS + 16% Spell Dodge against DPS, so I'm happy with it.
Piety runs are really funny at the moment! :-)

Do you have a Herald of Thunder to try in place of Herald of Ice? That should give more damage at the same level.
I know, and I run both.
Its just because of colors, HoT is in the second Dreamfeather.
And the blue socket in Atziri's Step will eventually get a Frost Wall.
Last edited by Firnefex on Feb 7, 2015, 7:58:41 AM
"
Firnefex wrote:
I know, and I run both.
Its just because of colors, HoT is in the second Dreamfeather.
And the blue socket in Atziri's Step will eventually get a Frost Wall.

Oh, sorry, didn't see that!

I'm testing Lightning Penetration right now. I lose a whopping 10k tooltip dps when I use it in place of Added Lightning, but it feels comparable. Map mods seem to determine which gem is better at the time, and I need to do more testing to see when each gem excels. They both have their merits.
"
Tempada wrote:
I'm testing Lightning Penetration right now. I lose a whopping 10k tooltip dps when I use it in place of Added Lightning, but it feels comparable. Map mods seem to determine which gem is better at the time, and I need to do more testing to see when each gem excels. They both have their merits.

Thats true if you only use Wrath/HoT and much +Lightning Dmg on gear.
But if you also use Herald of Ice or have different +Dmg, Lightning Pen. gets worse.

In example of ManicCompression he doesn't have any fix Dmg on gear, so L.Pen. is a bad choice...

Just count all +L.Dmg. together, with and without ALD and take the mean value.
In your case:
3-37 (Ring) + 2-38 (Ring) + 6-61 (Amu) + [18-286 (Wrath@23) + 9-142 (HoT@18)] * 1.26 (Devotion+InnerForce) = 360 Lightning Damage = 100%
... + 13-238 (ALD@20) = 486 Lightning Damage = 135%

Thats 35% Damage Increase, while Lightning Pen. @20 gives you also 35% Penetration.

Difference is 20% Quality from ALD gives 10% Shock while LPEN gives 10% L.Dmg.
We already have around 250% increased Dmg from Tree alone, so that 10% shock is worth more. Also the Multiplier of ALD is 130% while LPEN is 150%!

Its your decision, but with less Lighntning Damage (most players) ALD is always the better gem!
"
Firnefex wrote:
We already have around 250% increased Dmg from Tree alone, so that 10% shock is worth more.

Is that extra 10% chance to shock so valuable when you use Multistrike and take Shock + Elementalist + Celestial Punishment? I'm not there yet, but in one more level I can take all three.

It makes sense that ALD is best for most people, especially if they don't have much flat lightning damage on gear. I wonder where exactly the tipping point is, though...
"
Tempada wrote:
Is that extra 10% chance to shock so valuable when you use Multistrike and take Shock + Elementalist + Celestial Punishment? I'm not there yet, but in one more level I can take all three.

It makes sense that ALD is best for most people, especially if they don't have much flat lightning damage on gear. I wonder where exactly the tipping point is, though...

I already have C. Punishment (ran through tree getting only MS, schock, aura, res and AoE), 15% schock, 10% freeze and think chance is still too low.
About 7 hits to get more damage, 1 probably miss, so you nearly have to attack 3 times (with Multistrike) for that ailment. With ALD you just need 4 hits (almost half).

For regular mobs its irrelevant as they die in one attack, but on harder mobs shock status doesn't hold that long and we shouldn't stay long in the same place (facetanking is only reasonably with high lifeleech), so the quicker we deliver new shock, the better for our Guerilla playstyle.

Sure, you can use Conductivity. But there are often enough curse immune enemies and if you get hit it would be also immediately overwritten by Poacher's Mark...

Different subject: How do you handle the summoner exile? I meet her really frequently and her Minion Instability wrecks me everytime... ;-(

Another problem was the Groundslammer (before QotF), every hit caused me to use a flask that I'm quickly out of charges and have to refill but his Lifereg is absolutely insane, so I can't kill him.
Don't know if he is now fightable (gladly didn't meet him again).
Last edited by Firnefex on Feb 9, 2015, 10:21:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info