KoS_Missa Facebreaker, Need help ![All tips and advices for a better life]

"
Heyo,
I have another question, do I really need mana leech as a facebreaker ? Cause that's why I took my ring with 2% life and mana leech, if not I could change my rings.

As you can see in my build I go and grab the points up to sovereignty. That is because when you use a helmet with +1 level to gems and use a lvl21 reduced mana gem you can run 4 auras. Helmet will contain lvl21 reduced mana + determination + purity of fire + purity of lightning and you link another l20 reduced mana gem with tempest shield. Thanks to the +5 max cold resist from aegis you end up with 80 fire resist, 80, cold resist and 79 lightning resist. Together with max. block, max. spellblock (rumi's flask) and the es gained from aegis every time you block your char will become very hard to kill. In fact you can go afk in 95% of all situations. You can go for unnatural calm at the cost of another 7 skillpoints:

You'll end up with even more es and the full 80 lightning resist too but in 99,99999% of all situations the build works fine without this last bit of tankyness so it is completely up to you. Now let's take a look at the downside of this insanly tanky build. The four auras use almost all of your mana (I have 6 mana left ^^) so as you can see mana is not an option. But since it was always a pain in the ass to run our mainskill on mana we don't give a shit. Just remove one support gem (melee dmg on full life if you used it because it is worthless now) use a lvl20 bloodmagic gem and you will be fine. Of course your dmg will drop doing so but if you go and grab some good rings you'll end up with about the same amount of dmg you are doing now. But even when the damage drops a little who cares? You are one of the tankiest chars around now and can still provide enough dps to do all the endgame maps.
"

Should I also try to get an AR+ES 6L chest or should I go for only armor ?

That would be awesome but the cheapest 6L chest with at least 1400 ar and 400 es is about 50ex on poe.xyz. Don't take a chest with less than 1400 ar - you need ar for aegis. But as awesome as these chests are they are very expensive and the build works fine without them. All you need is about 800-1000 es and the ar + es nodes help a lot to get that amount.
"

EDIT : I've found a non legacy Aurora for nothing so I will start with this.

Always run determination and you will see the magic of aegis happening.
BUT NOW YOU ARE DOOMED!!!
Each time you get es back from aegis you know that it would be twice the amount with a legacy one. ;) No way you can take this for more than a few days until you buy your legacy version. *g*
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Once again I would like to thank's you for your precise answers, which helps me more than alot !!!!

You're talking about rings, can you provide me an example of a good one ? Maybe from your personnal collection ? In order to see what I should try to get.

Also, atm with determination I am around 14k armor. I regenerate around 280 ES per block, and yes, IT'S AMAZING !

I reseted some skills points of my build in order to follow the one you posted and, I lost some life in the deal ... In fact I lost around 1K of life and I am now at 3k700 (I can try to reach 4k max).

I also tried to max my ES, but I only have 550 atm which is quite low, but I am not worried about it cause I don't have any ES rings atm (with them I should easily reach the 700).

And, I was worried about mana, but you're right, infernal blow Linked with 5 others gems only require 55 mana. If I put blood magic on it, it won't kill me XD
And yes, it would lower my DPS at 30k I guess.

As you saw I am running IB in this configuration :

What should I abandon for Blood Magic ?

Another point came to my mind : Chaos damage.

How did you dealt with Chaos damages, bypassing ES and with -20% resist ?

"

You're talking about rings, can you provide me an example of a good one ? Maybe from your personnal collection ? In order to see what I should try to get.

Ok, let's talk about rings.
The best ring (in terms of damage) would be a ring like this:

Now you do not only want to deal dmg you want to survive too. Therefore you want
min. +70 life
and
min. 40 es
and
some resists
and
some lifeleech or life gain
As you can see there are a lot of things that we want to have BUT unfortunately it is very hard (almost impossible or very expensive) to get a ring that covers all these whishes. Since the perfect ring would be too expensive or to hard to find we need to deal with some compromises. For example take a look at one of my rings:

It is still good in +phys. dmg but not perfect
It covers our +life wish perfectly
It does not covers our +es wish perfectly but it is still ok
It offers a good resist roll (29 Chaos)
It offers some life gained but that really is not a great mod
It offers a +5% cast speed mod that is almost completely useless to us
When you are looking for rings use poe.xyz and start with tight options and then lower the requirements until you find something that is at least good while perfect is almost impossible.

"

As you saw I am running IB in this configuration :

What should I abandon for Blood Magic ?

You have 5 support gems:
melee splash - you do not want to replace this (you would loose aoe dmg)
faster attacks - you can't replace that (wrong color)
so you have multistike, added fire dmg and added phys. dmg left
Now remove multistrike and look at your remaining dps. Do the same with the added fire dmg gem and the added phys. dmg gem. After that replace the gem that gets you the smallest dps loss with blood magic. I think it will be added fire dmg.

"

Another point came to my mind : Chaos damage.
How did you dealt with Chaos damages, bypassing ES and with -20% resist ?

Tbh I have no idea how to deal with -chaos resist. I used to have a lot of chaos resist, both of my rings have chaos resist, so do my gloves, my boots and even my belt has 20 chaos resist.

There was a time when I had 75 chaos resist but that was just because I was running bloodrage. Generally it is enough to get from 0 to +20 chaos resist for almost every situation.
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 16, 2014, 9:52:10 AM

you might be able to use ONE ming ring to get chaos resist if you have a LOT of elem resists.
You will not loose dps but you will loose life and ES.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 16, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
"
lolozori wrote:

you might be able to use ONE ming ring to get chaos resist if you have a LOT of elem resists.
You will not loose dps but you will loose life and ES.

Ming is a terrible ring if you are an life/es based char because you loose both. In fact it is one of the worst rings possible for this build.
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 16, 2014, 1:33:29 PM
True I am not considering this ring as a viable option too.

I followed all your advice, I am really happy of this improvement, I am just missing my High DPS from my previous build. But it's always better to not die than doin a lot of dmg and get OS by random encounter.

I am now trying to change my belt to a "normal" one, like

but with around 300 added armor, I think it's great deal to improve my survivability at is max. Of course it will cost some DPS (around 3k).

I also took a ring of this kind,

(a bit low on dmg I admite).

and I maxed my boots, for an extra 3% spell block.

Now I see what I need to improve in order to progress, I would like to thank's you once again. :D

If you have others tip or advice to share, I would be glad to hear them. Veteran knowledge is the bread of casual players !

I wish you a G'day !
"

If you have others tip or advice to share, I would be glad to hear them.

I think now know everything about this build now. Just one little advice left but I think it is common knowledge.
Always carry 2 granite flasks with you.
1st one is a granite flask of iron skin (100% increased ar)
2nd one is a rumi's conoction with 20% spell block
Now whenever you ran into trouble use them together. The effect is that you have the higher ar from the iron skin flask plus plus max block and max spell block. When I pop these flasks I have about 60.000 ar which means I could get (4% old aegis) 3600 es back every time I block. Even with a new aegis (2%) you can get about 1800 es back every time you block. That is far more than we have so let's just say you get your FULL es back every time you block. At the same time you have 75% max block and 75% max spellblock thanks to the rumi's flask. At 20% quality you have 4,8 seconds per use and you can use the flasks 2 times. That is almost 10 seconds to kill whatever troubles you and within these 10 seconds anything that is trying to kill you will have a hard time.
Have fun with your build!

PS: These new rainbowstriders and the new ring are good improvements! For belts just search belts with at least 120 life (pseudo) and with min. +300 ar. Usually you will find a shitload of belt that fits these 2 requirements. Take your time and look at all of the search results. Most of the time you can get a very good one for 1-2ex. But let's face it meginord's is a great belt too so unless you feel really squishi just stick with it.
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 16, 2014, 8:58:43 PM
Yes, flask make the difference. I am running with theses flask :

^- When I am low life I get an extra life leech, which helps me alot.

^- This is the ONE is use the most, I guess it's better than a Granite flask (I can use it 3 times, and get 15s max speed and max AR).

^- I usualy engage pack of monsters with theses ones, knocking them back, I can move safer.

I will change this one in order to get the max % spell block one.

Last edited by MissaTheRabbit on Oct 17, 2014, 8:27:52 AM
"

^- This is the ONE is use the most, I guess it's better than a Granite flask (I can use it 3 times, and get 15s max speed and max AR).

This is not a bad flask but a granite flask of iron skin gives almost twice the ar that flask does. ^^
And you really need 2 health flasks. One that gives you much healing over time (the prefix is called "Saturated" but since we don't use mana any more we can take a flask with the "sapping" prefix) and one that can heal a big amount INSTANT when you are on low life (the prefix is called "panicked"). Extra 2% life leech on flasks is great but you really need at least one flask with the suffix "staunching" or you will die whenever you run into a corrupted blood mob. I will log on to my other account and post the flask set I'm using.
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 17, 2014, 10:15:45 AM
Most of the time I use this flask setting:

Whenever I go for a boss that deals a special kind of dmg (for example piety dealing lightning dmg in the temple map) I change the granite flask of iron skin to the corresponding elemental flask. In the piety temple map example that would be:

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 17, 2014, 10:32:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info