[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Huge news.

The degen is now physical instead of chaos. This means chaos resistance is absolutely redundant (in terms of counteracting degen). With the 4.6% regen from tree (in 1.3), the degen is completely negated.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Huge news.

The degen is now physical instead of chaos. This means chaos resistance is absolutely redundant (in terms of counteracting degen). With the 4.6% regen from tree (in 1.3), the degen is completely negated.

Imortal call also works with the new blood rage witch is awsome. Does Imortal call still work with CoC? If it does maybe we don't need as much % life regen.
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on May 19, 2015, 3:43:31 AM
Hey Man.

Ive been using this build for the past months now and I must say its a very satisfying and awesome build..

here is my gear atm..

Spoiler

(yes i know my jewelery needs a good update...)

And what im wondering is... is there any way i can do uber without having to go with the advanced spec?

Anyhow, awesome build and easy to follow man, great work

Thanks!
//Axdie
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Glad you like it. Thanks!

Your gear looks great (chest needs quality).

Honestly, I've never tried uber in any of my builds.

But i have seen some vids and streams from players like ZMA and litesabr who have similar builds, litesabr was using dual catalysts impressively. What i learnt is that it required practise, something i never had the disposable currency for.

Also, some players spec out their characters specifically for uber. The most effective way without GG gear is exploiting IC and Vaal IC. The tactic involves luring a single trash mob towards the boss room and using it to raise endurance charges (with EC), then enter the room and self cast IC/Vaal IC (tweaked to be 10+ seconds). Players have killed uber with a tabula using this tactic.

My advice, if you want to attempt uber, is to specifically design your build for uber. Respec into collecting more endurance charge and skill duration nodes, have a manual IC/VIC ready. Also, be prepared to fail a few times (at 7ex a try).

You can practise before your first attempt by playing normal atziri. Halve your dps and if you drop below 60% health is a fail.

I wish you luck!
Thanks man!!

still having a bit of struggle with deathless normal runs... but uber is defenitely something that I will try when i have some currency and gear and knowledge..
(use the normal farming tip you gave me)

still an awesome build 10/10 , cant wait to see how 2.0 will go for this!

Thanks!!
//Axdie
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
First of all, this build looks absolutely killer im so going to try this build out!
I just have a few questions how tanky is this build? and whats the pros and cons with it?

// Intrilo
"
Intrilo wrote:
First of all, this build looks absolutely killer im so going to try this build out!
I just have a few questions how tanky is this build? and whats the pros and cons with it?

// Intrilo

Thanks mate.

Pros:

- massive single target damage(no melee splash) feeding the overkill HoA burn.
- 6k life regen from Bino. Basically zero hp to full in 0.6 seconds.
- uses flicker to teleport directly into melee range (no more chasing down enemies). The flicker also casts the curse and immortal call.

Cons:
- not HC levels of survivability. But fine for SC
- requires a specific set of uniques to function. They are not cheap.
- has a weakness against ele reflect. You need to be quick with a topaz flask
- the quick transition between flicker and dual strike causes significant desync

In 2.0, the addition of lockstep and fortify will negate the main causes of deaths i suffer.

"
fiqst wrote:
"
Intrilo wrote:

// Intrilo

Thanks mate.

Pros:

- massive single target damage(no melee splash) feeding the overkill HoA burn.
- 6k life regen from Bino. Basically zero hp to full in 0.6 seconds.
- uses flicker to teleport directly into melee range (no more chasing down enemies). The flicker also casts the curse and immortal call.

Cons:
- not HC levels of survivability. But fine for SC
- requires a specific set of uniques to function. They are not cheap.
- has a weakness against ele reflect. You need to be quick with a topaz flask
- the quick transition between flicker and dual strike causes significant desync

In 2.0, the addition of lockstep and fortify will negate the main causes of deaths i suffer.

Cheers, just one question why is there 2 skill trees and what is the difference btw the wraithe one and Junaum one?
Junaum's focuses on survivability with more life and less dps.

My tree is suited around my playstyle of fast clear speed and a reliance on life regen from bino for survivability.

My tree has 4% life regen on the tree so the blood rage degen feels like only a trickle without any chaos resistance. Junaum has 2%.

there's a lot more critical chance on my tree since i venture into the marauder area for the disembowelling cluster
Hello there! I'm playing my first character as a duelist and I'm planning to re-spec into this build when the new patch arrives!

I was wondering if there will be any major changes to the gem setup, since I heard reduced mana is affected in some way, and it seems crucial to this build? And should we wait a little more for this guide to be updated to 2.0 before we do our character's final re-spec, in case of any changes?

Thank you very much! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info