[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

I've been thinking about vigilant strike. The mechanics seem fine against groups of enemies, but when facing a single boss, you'll encounter difficulties generating endurance charges.

i think the skill may be limited to builds that can reliably stun bosses (with ECoMS). I'll definitely check it out one day.

The ideal skill will still be dual strike i think. Fortify could be linked with flicker strike.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
I've been thinking about vigilant strike. The mechanics seem fine against groups of enemies, but when facing a single boss, you'll encounter difficulties generating endurance charges.

i think the skill may be limited to builds that can reliably stun bosses (with ECoMS). I'll definitely check it out one day.

The ideal skill will still be dual strike i think. Fortify could be linked with flicker strike.

Actually, i think i'll be trying out something different for generating endurance charges which is getting capped crit chance with daggers and then using romira's banquet and voll's devotion to generate endurance charges. Now, 95% crit leaves us with 5% chance to get a power charge > endurance charge through romira's banquet so I'm thinking power charge on crit + daresso's defiance or voll's protector. It's gonna need testing, but i think it would work.

With a voll's protector against a boss you can use flicker or something else to get the first power charge and then the first hit from vigilant strike would turn that into an endurance charge and then roll from there. I'm hoping this works, I think it would be very strong both offensively and defensively.
Ugh effort
Yes, looking forward to seeing those results when the expansion goes live. But i hope for a temporary league solution most of all
It looks like HoA overkill effect is getting a nerf. I hope it's not to much because elemental prolif is also nerfed. But outside the RM changes if find it pretty stupid that Flameblast is getting a buf :/.
It looks like overall clear speed will drop. Crit chance is down, overkill damage is down and prolif AoE is down. But the important thing is that HoA prolif is not dead, so we can work around it.

Once the beta enters a more finalised state, i will try to brainstorm ideas. Until then, it's useless to theory craft.

EDIT: my thoughts on the reduced mana changes.

I think it's a change for the better.

This build uses 3 auras: a 4l HoA, a 4l HoT and a 2l hatred.

That meant 3x RM's were needed for all of those buffs, 3 slots that could have been used for things like another cwdt or vengeance.

The new changes makes me drop HoT, which is not much of a loss considering there are other curse delivery methods.

i can now house both HoA and hatred in 4/5 slots, saving me 5/6 slots for other things, notably golems and warcries, and that benefit exceeds the loss of a buff.
Last edited by fiqst on May 8, 2015, 9:02:16 AM
Hello. Just sorry for my english ^^
And so, I started playing recently in this wonderful game and decided to take your build basis.
Tell me if I use your build of or need to pick up another build to start? Too difficult to me to find suitable clothes? Will I be able to play after coming update?
Thanks for the answer!
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to check out the build.

I can't really recommend starting this build if you're just starting the game. It requires a specific set of uniques to function and the currency to own them.

I estimate a minimum cost of around 15ex to be able run this build and a bit of experience to understand the mechanics (such as mana reservation, building crit chance, primary and secondary attacks, etc).

I have included a progress guide, but it's really for those starting a duelist alt specifically for this build and have the wealth to do it.

There are quite a few wonderful beginner guides in this duelist section and i suggest looking for beginner friendly ones on Korgoth's stickied list at the top.

My advice is to play any way you want and learn as much as you can for now until the next update. At every update, all characters will receive a full passive point reset, and by that time, you'll have the experience and the currency to know what you want.

If you still want to try this build then i will definitely help you with advice. Good luck!
Wow! Thank you very much for your answer!
I can ask friends to give me for the start of 15 ex
Normal set cost 15ex or is a copy?
Also, where can I ask you a question? The topic or personal messages?
Last edited by Dreladred on May 11, 2015, 10:29:05 AM

Using this setup at level 85 with only 3080 life
"

Using this setup at level 85 with only 3080 life

I noticed you're not using snakebites. Did you take adders touch?

EDIT: i just checked your character, no Adder's Touch. You need snakebite gloves for the Bino to work mate. It may be difficult to lose the resistance in your gloves but believe me when i say that the Bino regen is the best part about this build
Last edited by fiqst on May 19, 2015, 12:53:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info