[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Hello, May I know if I use Bino's and Doryani's Catalyst and

Whats the approximate dps when I use a 5 link Daresso's Defiance only?

I have seen another build using bino's + soul taker with viper strike/reave,

and I want to know the difference in term of skills between dual strike and viper strike,

thank you!

Last edited by hkbutubaman on Jan 13, 2015, 10:14:18 AM
hey guys this build seems very interesting and fun to play

i can see that it can do normal atziri, but can it do uber? has anyone tried? if it can, i think i'll roll a duelist and try this out.

thanks!
"
hkbutubaman wrote:
Hello, May I know if I use Bino's and Doryani's Catalyst and

Whats the approximate dps when I use a 5 link Daresso's Defiance only?

I have seen another build using bino's + soul taker with viper strike/reave,

and I want to know the difference in term of skills between dual strike and viper strike,

At lvl 91 (all dps nodes taken) with a 5L Daresso, I am getting 167K DPS unbuffed, just with Hatred + HoA + HoT.
Fully buffed, 232K and with onslaught, 257K.

For reference, 6L is 208K DPS unbuffed.
@hkbutubaman

Thanks Fox

Viper strike has a 50% chance to poison, which I think is unreliable. It doesn't do as much damage.
If you use it you can drop snakebite for different gloves.

@Grizzler

I have never tried uber, it's too expensive to practise. But I have seen videos of litesabr and ZMA doing uber. They have similar builds and seem to do just fine.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I tried to make a dual curse version of this build work, but I ultimately decided to stick with Fiqst's original version.

Current Gear(Normal Version):

HP:4160
Mana:542(423 Reserved by Hatred/HoA/HoT)
DPS(no charges):185k
DPS(full charges):258k

The only thing I'd like to upgrade is my Foe Spiral, Two Stone Ring. Finding a ring with all of those stats plus life is hard though. Having Chaos Res on your boots or another piece of gear is pretty nice, I only lose about 1.5hp/sec with Blood Rage active. I got really lucky vaaling both Herald of Thunder and Snakebite, so I've got a lvl 22 Herald of Thunder at the moment. Might sell the snakebites to upgrade my other gear, not really sure.

Gear Swap:(Dual Curse Version)

HP:4125
Mana:614(522 reserved)
DPS(no charges): 140k
DPS(full charges):182k

Basically the only thing you swap is the Amulet, Boots and Gloves. The boots are necessary to make up the INT from my other amulet and colors require swapping snakebites. The boots should be colored BBBB for vulnerability or BBBG for poacher's mark. I tested both, and while Vulnerability was nice, it didn't really add to clear speed and the effect is has on most bosses is negligible. I had hopes of Poacher's Mark being able to make up the frenzy charges so I could drop blood rage. However, even with herald of thunder I couldn't get enough frenzy charges to where I would feel like it would be superior to blood rage. Also noteworthy is that you can't run reduced mana on this herald of thunder setup, and I was only able to have that much mana unreserved due to having +126 mana on gear. Maybe someone else can find a way to make this more effective, but in my opinion running a single assassin's mark on herald of thunder is superior.
Wonderful!

How well does the amulet work compared to your rare? It's hard to tell if the amulet would boost dps or lower it.

I would have thought vulnerability would be very effect at clearing because it curses with added damage over time, so the burn would kill quicker. Perhaps element weakness may be the right one.

I'm going to add your build to the op. Thank you for that!
Im about to do this build ,i just have a question; is it possible with a 300 dps dagg and vaal pact ? (wil switch glove to meligaro or a re one with flat and aps)
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
"
bfhcorp85 wrote:
Im about to do this build ,i just have a question; is it possible with a 300 dps dagg and vaal pact ? (wil switch glove to meligaro or a re one with flat and aps)

I have never used Vaal pact so I can't say much about its usefulness. But I assume that having no life regen means blood rage gets very dangerous so life leech will have to be found on equipment.

The life leech is stunted by 60% so at best you'd be leeching 2-3% of damage instantly. Compare this with 4-6k per second with a Bino.

A 300pdps rare dagger could be sold for a lot more than what a Bino is worth. The regen function is truly op and I would suggest you do some trades and buy the unique.

I wish you all the best.
Made 2 slight alterations to the tree:

110 points

- changed a pathway by dropping a str node just above the Charisma cluster to get the dex node directly right. By choosing this new path, we can drop dex node above the str we droppede and choose the 10% physical damage node next to slight of hand (Thanks goes to Nruthlessr for that one!)

- Dropped the Studious Combat cluster in favour of the Strongarm. Dropping studious loses accuracy and crit, in favour of more phys damage from strong arm. There is basically zero difference in dps between the 2 but the difference is strong arm gives more damage per hit, so the overkill damage is enhanced slightly. (Thanks to TheFox7 for helping me test)

Both of these changes aren't necessary and totally optional.
Damn dude, kick ass guide. Very well done. Going to try Hot-CoH-PCoC combo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info