[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Yes, we were talking on the Bino crit chance the whole time which is much higher than the Catalyst.
Dual strike attacks with both weapons at once and crit chance is calculated separately for each weapon so off/main hand has not effect.

I just played a bit with Leap slam + IC + CoC and it works nicely on mobs, better than whirling blades I think and also moves faster + the other benefits of leap slam.
However dropping Flicker for faster attacks is not an option for me as flicker works very nicely during battle, although I really like the faster attacks with leap slam.
So for now its Leap Slam + IC + CoC + Flicker.

Maybe tomorrow I will try Leap slam with AM and CoH, should be interesting.

On a side note, a little rant of mine:
Trying to 6L my Daresso has got me 1100 fuse + 3300 scraps down the road and still no go :(
Hang in there on the Daresso's, 6 linking mine took 1200 fuses - by far the most fuses I ever had to use to 6L.

On a personal note, I was finally able to upgrade my ammy and one ring so that I got the required int as well as being able to cap lightning resists (while keeping the others maxed too). These items weren't my ultimate choice but they'll work until I can get better. I wish I could have squeezed some more DPS out of these items but for now they allowed me to unspec my two 30 int nodes which enabled me to complete the Disemboweling wheel.

I am intrigued about switching to Leap Slam as I am not a huge fan of Whirling Blades. WB gets jacked up too easily with obstructions and blips in the terrain. I may give it a try but I hate recoloring gear all the time especially when I am very low on chromes.
Last edited by urgatorbait on Jan 3, 2015, 8:41:28 PM
Good conversation.

HoT has always bothered me, the gem itself requires 151 int and uses 4 passives to reserve its mana. I would love to drop it if i can.

with cyclonus i used to use a secondary cyclone as the curse delivery:

cyclone
coc
assassin's mark

this work really well as i used the AoE of Assassin's mark to spread the curse. The same could apply with flicker/leapslam/wb

Please post your leap slam results.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
So far I've tried leap slam with PCoC/increased area of offect as the 4th link. I feel like PCoC keeps my charges up at a more consistent rate but I still need some more testing. I do feel the lack of the "cast it and forget it" style of HoT but having control of when you curse may be more useful. I'll try WB with pcoc later since bino's has a higher cc and might be more consistent.
I've tested it a month ago.

Definitely works. I used Leap + CoH + AM + Increased AoE support. (RBBB). I also tested with WB and Flicker + Melee Splash (works fine too). Just tested it again and, no problems, BUT I noticed that sometimes the curse doesn't apply (looks like a bug - or lack of accuracy).

Although, It never ocurred to me that I could get rid of the Mana Reserve nodes by doing that! So now, it sounds much of an interesting thing than it was back then (I was using Leap Slam for dual curse purposes).

I might just respect to see how it goes.

Edit: Made a consistent test now (4 maps). Tried Leap + Inc. Area + CoH + Am and Leap + CoH + Am + Pcoc. Both are unreliable in the sense that you run out of power charges more often then with Herald of thunder. In short: it works, but not as good as with HoT.
Last edited by junaum on Jan 4, 2015, 10:11:48 AM
@junaum, interesting, though I still think this has great potential.
I just realized that on top of removing those 4 nodes, we can free up 2 more nodes with better routing and gain 10% inc phy dmg while doing so.

The tree would look like this:
No HoT tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYFtQxfFCAUjhUgFewV9ha_Fz4ZtBynI_Yk_SaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDWSNj04ljpCPC0_J0d-Sn1KyEt4TZJQR1FHU6VVS1b6W69fP2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWeAZ5tnoGyMbWxttG6qcFJyqXfXd-N_K4DhhNmHdow2jX2Nv5J9mSudqqgHrj6xs7VItfK3F7c-uR29Nr2BvqfAdsT2xq7KkMrT1CPWiti93CPdDd2o4l7jn-RR51TtQe8O8-r3MvzF_gr_3sLstMWmfwvB_o9N46ZXOuHyRQ==

So 25% more life, 18% acc and 10% increased phy dmg with 1h weapon.
The tree is for lvl 89 (my lvl atm), so add your additional nodes according to your level.

I'll give this setup a go myself before respecing to see if its good enough.
Did some testing:

Dropping the Charisma cluster (and HoT) saves 6 nodes! With those 6 nodes i followed TheFox's tree mostly and picked more life from the wheel and the 2 critical nodes in Shadow, plus a 10% physical node.

New tree without mana reservation nodes

i gained 250 life

more tooltip dps and the max crit is reached with less power charges

The next part is dropping HoT and finding a different curse delivery method.

flicker
coc
assassin's mark
immortal call

This method is not as efficient as HoT, less mobs get cursed and its harder to maintain power charges but it gets the job done.

Updated equipment:

2 free slots in the helm, haven't decided what to do with them yet

The saddest thing about dropping HoT is losing the auto-breaking of containers.

Overall, i'm happy about losing HoT and gaining more dps nodes and more life.
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 5, 2015, 12:50:16 AM
Added a video of the new flicker - CoC - AM - IC combo

Bino Academy w/o HoT

The combo works reasonably well if you use flicker often like I do.

I will try out CoH - AM with leap slam and WB soon and post results.
"
fiqst wrote:
This is not related to the build but I've been experimenting with currency building offhand weapons:

The idea is to purchase 2x Haku 1h weapons with the mod +6% quality to socketed support gems.
I then round up 6x Empower/Enhance gems and raise these to 20Q each.

The 6% plus the 20Q gives each gem 130% increased experience rate.

To see the speed of experience gain, i ran 3 Apex maps with full clear. The result is 7.2% to level 2.

So each run gave 2.4% experience. 41 runs to level all 6 gems to level 2.

did you spend 20*6=120 gcps (12 exalts) to get them all to 20q ?

if you can sell them for 3ex thats still like 1 ex profit. seems pretty low for the time it requires.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
A popular gem like static strike takes 330mil xp to lvl 20, 660mil to 20/20. They sell for 2ex.

That's 0.3ex per 100mil xp

Level 2 empower takes 220mil
Level 3 takes 5.4*lvl2 = 1439mil

With a 130% xp boost, the xp required is (220mil + 1439mill)/2.3 = 721mill

An uncorrupted lvl 3 enhance sells for 7-8ex. 42ex-12ex (GCPs) = 30ex
That's about 0.7ex per 100mil (after GCPs)

For scale:
lvl1 to lvl 2 takes 41 atziri runs
lvl 2 to lvl 3 takes 221 atziri runs

I'm undecided whether to corrupt them, RNG is not my friend.

alternative

lvl2 requires 220mil
With 130% xp boost that's 95.6mil

I'm certain I can sell a lvl2 with 20q for 3ex

Take away 2ex for GCPs,
That's 1ex for 95.6mil xp

Compare that to selling a lvl 20 static strike for 1ex at 220mil xp
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 5, 2015, 5:38:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info