[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] High Budget Builds

I am having survive ability issues, i have just about 5k es, and I am getting my ass kicked in a 74 map.2-3 hits im dead
Before 2.0 i was life and I could take hits in 77+ with a belly of the beast.
Am I missing something? Shouldn't 5k es be enough to get by?

Can do normal Atzirir no problem if i take it slow, I get 1 hit by the melee guys there.

Last edited by MrGuardian on Jul 27, 2015, 1:14:18 PM
Hey Ghazzy! Though I'm not low life, I consider my build far from a budget build. There's a couple things I'm confused about with some things in your guide. I personally went hybrid build because I didn't enjoy the feel of being pure ES but that may change at some point. First, you say the BIS staff is Pledge of hands? I know it gives a free Echo with some nice mana but do you really think having an extra gem slot is better than having FOUR extra levels on top of SRS and +1 to all other support gems? I find this a bit hard to believe when you're stacking minion dmg on jewels/gear as well as scaling from Hatred. Is there a link you can provide to show this?

Also I ditched Belly long ago in favor of the Vaal regalia. With the 107 life and 757 ES it provides, I have a 5.4k life pool and 3k ES pool which is more than what belly was providing. The flask effect is nice, but I feel less worried about being 1-shot especially using legacy rumi + taste of hate. I would never use CoD just for the huge defensive loss. If you want to take a look at my setup my profile is public. Currently run 6 jewels, can sustain 30/31 SRS with melee splash and sustain 38/39 with vaal haste just by stacking mana cost reduction jewels and a couple nodes with mana regen up to 260. I love this build!!!! So many ways to approach it :D

Love your guide and videos and thanks for making it such a fun build to theorycraft!
"
MrGuardian wrote:
I am having survive ability issues, i have just about 5k es, and I am getting my ass kicked in a 74 map.2-3 hits im dead
Before 2.0 i was life and I could take hits in 77+ with a belly of the beast.
Am I missing something? Shouldn't 5k es be enough to get by?

Can do normal Atzirir no problem if i take it slow, I get 1 hit by the melee guys there.

Change your boots for a rare pair with intelligence and higher ES. Your amulet is really low on dex but also includes 0 ES gain?
You should try to aim for strength gain from your belt as it is one of the easiest way of getting the required stats from that item piece! :)

Having hybrid based armours like ARM/ES or EVA/ES is not a good idea, go for pure ES pieces and if you can get intelligence in there it ll help both ES and mana/regen.

5K is rather low for a high budget pure ES build. I run with about 10,000. You should be able to run fairly safe around 6-7k ES. Again, keep in mind that this build is to minmax everything and be able to pull out a retardedly high ammount of DPS. It's a pure glasscannon build as we have no way of recharging our ES without Vaal Discipline and/or getting out of dmg to regain it.

"
Radjehuty wrote:
Hey Ghazzy! Though I'm not low life, I consider my build far from a budget build. There's a couple things I'm confused about with some things in your guide. I personally went hybrid build because I didn't enjoy the feel of being pure ES but that may change at some point. First, you say the BIS staff is Pledge of hands? I know it gives a free Echo with some nice mana but do you really think having an extra gem slot is better than having FOUR extra levels on top of SRS and +1 to all other support gems? I find this a bit hard to believe when you're stacking minion dmg on jewels/gear as well as scaling from Hatred. Is there a link you can provide to show this?

Also I ditched Belly long ago in favor of the Vaal regalia. With the 107 life and 757 ES it provides, I have a 5.4k life pool and 3k ES pool which is more than what belly was providing. The flask effect is nice, but I feel less worried about being 1-shot especially using legacy rumi + taste of hate. I would never use CoD just for the huge defensive loss. If you want to take a look at my setup my profile is public. Currently run 6 jewels, can sustain 30/31 SRS with melee splash and sustain 38/39 with vaal haste just by stacking mana cost reduction jewels and a couple nodes with mana regen up to 260. I love this build!!!! So many ways to approach it :D

Love your guide and videos and thanks for making it such a fun build to theorycraft!

There is a very good DPS calculator from Axazol showing that +3 staff gives you a rough estimate of 4.1mil DPS whilst a Pledge of Hands gives you around 3.7mil DPS, now the problem is the heavy investment of mana cost reductions and/or mana regen/mana nodes you are forced to take when using a +3 staf. This is not a matter of QoL this is a matter of end game DPS as the points you save are placed towards jewels which should not only give you Minion Damage but also cast speed (these nodes are worth a ton more than pure cast speed nodes).
Ultimately with a rought estimation we land on ~4mil DPS +3 staff and 4.2mil DPS with Pledge of Hands, this is again outside the fact that Pledge of Hands is a lot better in terms of QoL.

This build is all about minmaxing your DPS to pull off the worlds highest DPSing summoner build, it has no regards to neither currency nor safety this is a pure glasscannon which goes by the moto "Kill things before they touch you" which is why i dont recommend this build to people without the wallet to sustain it.
Also something i promote is the fact that people should always see ALL my builds more as guidelines and do a version of the build they enjoy that fits their playstyle the best.

You don't have to minmax everything, you don't have to run with the current meta spectres etc etc, it's a game, make sure you enjoy it!

Would also like to thank you for the kind words, stay rocking with them minions! ;)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
There is a very good DPS calculator from Axazol showing that +3 staff gives you a rough estimate of 4.1mil DPS whilst a Pledge of Hands gives you around 3.7mil DPS, now the problem is the heavy investment of mana cost reductions and/or mana regen/mana nodes you are forced to take when using a +3 staf. This is not a matter of QoL this is a matter of end game DPS as the points you save are placed towards jewels which should not only give you Minion Damage but also cast speed (these nodes are worth a ton more than pure cast speed nodes).
Ultimately with a rought estimation we land on ~4mil DPS +3 staff and 4.2mil DPS with Pledge of Hands, this is again outside the fact that Pledge of Hands is a lot better in terms of QoL.

This build is all about minmaxing your DPS to pull off the worlds highest DPSing summoner build, it has no regards to neither currency nor safety this is a pure glasscannon which goes by the moto "Kill things before they touch you" which is why i dont recommend this build to people without the wallet to sustain it.
Also something i promote is the fact that people should always see ALL my builds more as guidelines and do a version of the build they enjoy that fits their playstyle the best.

You don't have to minmax everything, you don't have to run with the current meta spectres etc etc, it's a game, make sure you enjoy it!

Would also like to thank you for the kind words, stay rocking with them minions! ;)

Thanks! I can see why regen is an issue with +3 staves and I'll have to look up that dps calculator if possible. It's so hard to truly calculate SRS dps as it's all theoretical of course. I feel that with the jewel system, Mana cost reductions gave me a huge savings in mana regeneration nodes. I only have a few mana regen/cost passives in the tree currently and hopefully less as I craft better jewels. I'm hoping to improve it and challenge that calculator! lol

I understand the second point about min-maxing but of course...any one of us who are dps whores like myself love to do this. Plus unlike other builds, SRS is notoriously hard to predict as there are so many variables to take in to account.

Thanks again! You turned me on to this spec and I haven't stopped playing it since!! Best build out there.
Thank you, thank you all for the trumendous support and kind words.
I'm very happy you guys are enjoying the builds i've released so far, there will be more to come!

I finally managed to get ok'ish gear for this build. Runs like a dream, but this is indeed a glass cannon :) I have 5,5K ES. I need to change rings and probably amu, they come from my life based SRS build.

My gear:

Thanks Ghazzy, much love EksSRS :)
Last edited by michalkrk on Jul 30, 2015, 11:45:31 AM
Hey Ghazzy!

Been a fan of your build for a while now! Keep up the great work! I'd like to make a suggestion for your guide. Since this is the FINAL FORM of SRS, I think talking about vaaling your gems for max power would be good to have. For example, you'd probably want a 20/23 melee splash gem for aoe clear, but a 21/20 Melee physical damage gem for "more" dmg (vs "increased" damage on quality) etc etc.

I know a lot of this is "common sense" but it would be cool to see the numbers plugged in to a calculator to figure out if +1 or +quality is better for each individual gem in the build. MIN MAX BABY!
Well, this it's what i have so far, remember all this crap comes from my HP based SRS, now with Shavronnes i'm struggling with 5500 ES, damn i was killed ten times last night...

I have this boots but keep lower tiers

Actually after bought Shavronnes my budget it's up to 5 ex, with that in mind, what do you change first?

I'm really undecided whether to change the +3 Fire Staff for the Pledge... I don't want to loose power, all my gems are 20/20, have to sold my Minion Damage 21/20 to buy shavronnes LoL!
At the moment I have 6 jewels in tree 60% minion damage cast speed and one socket waiting for a good one.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Jul 31, 2015, 8:25:34 AM
Answers
"
michalkrk wrote:
I finally managed to get ok'ish gear for this build. Runs like a dream, but this is indeed a glass cannon :) I have 5,5K ES. I need to change rings and probably amu, they come from my life based SRS build.

My gear:

Thanks Ghazzy, much love EksSRS :)

CHeers, glad you're enjoying it!

"
gGrimace wrote:
Hey Ghazzy!

Been a fan of your build for a while now! Keep up the great work! I'd like to make a suggestion for your guide. Since this is the FINAL FORM of SRS, I think talking about vaaling your gems for max power would be good to have. For example, you'd probably want a 20/23 melee splash gem for aoe clear, but a 21/20 Melee physical damage gem for "more" dmg (vs "increased" damage on quality) etc etc.

I know a lot of this is "common sense" but it would be cool to see the numbers plugged in to a calculator to figure out if +1 or +quality is better for each individual gem in the build. MIN MAX BABY!

Very much appreciated gGrimace, always fun having you in the stream as well! :)
The calculations provided are based on minmaxing, but yes I see it as common sense specially as the guide is directed to experienced advanced users of summoner builds!

Speaking of minmaxing:
(can divine another 3% cast speed if i want :D)

"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Well, this it's what i have so far, remember all this crap comes from my HP based SRS, now with Shavronnes i'm struggling with 5500 ES, damn i was killed ten times last night...

I have this boots but keep lower tiers

Actually after bought Shavronnes my budget it's up to 5 ex, with that in mind, what do you change first?

I'm really undecided whether to change the +3 Fire Staff for the Pledge... I don't want to loose power, all my gems are 20/20, have to sold my Minion Damage 21/20 to buy shavronnes LoL!
At the moment I have 6 jewels in tree 60% minion damage cast speed and one socket waiting for a good one.

Allow me to begin by being boring:
This build is requiring a TON of currency.

Moving on to being more informative:
5.5k ES is below what i would say is the absolute minimum (6-7k which i still think is low, is more attractive for this build as a minimum stage).
The benchcraft on your second ring is not with ES which will help you a ton in reaching a higher defensive number.
The Rustic Sash obviously doesnt provide you with that much more than resistances.
Gloves should look towards getting Minion Damage benchcraft at some point as well for more minmaxing :)
Helmet has extremely low energy shield, i believe id look in to changing that first, as well as the fact that it does not have +2 minion mod.

Regarding the weapon change:
In your situation you have a rather low ammount of jewels atm, which doesnt matter in the terms of looking at weapon change.
What you want to look at is this:
Do you save a bunch of points for using a Pledge compared to using the +3? (Mana/Mana Regen and/or Mana Cost Reduction nodes)? If so, you should change and use those points for more minion jewels with cast speed mods. This will increase the DPS compared the current +3 staff.
Also to consider; You can kill Uber with both +3 and/or Pledge.

Hope it helped!

This is how an optimal SRS jewel looks like. :)

Hey ghazzy, you craft this Jewel yesterday right ? GG
Im interesting about the flasks you are using for atziri/uber.
Thx, cya on twitch
BEST Defensive Hubris mirror service : /view-thread/1868006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info