Cosmetic Armour Set Creation Process: Concept Art

Very cool sets, I am looking forward to buying those too :) Also, looks like I could have relaxed a lot more on getting 8/8, but its also good to be done with it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
They both look absolutely amazing!

2 quick curiosity questions if allowed: ;)

1. Do the high-poly artists create the low-poly objects as well or is the high-poly version just a low-poly version under HYPER nurbs?
2. Also is it possible we could get a screenshot of the objects when done to see the amount of polygons and triangles used?

Sorry if the questions seem intrusive, I'm just very curious :)

Thanks for a spectacular game!
Zawanya - Corpse Exploder Extraordinaire (90+ witch)
Athexus - Speed Slasher (85+ dualist)
Zehjin - Immortal Reaver (85+ marauder)
Mizum - Facebreaking Fury (85+ marauder)
Today is tomorrow yesterday.
Last edited by Awanya on Oct 13, 2014, 10:33:01 AM
Any chance we will get some armor sets which does look like a mage's/wizard's/...etc armor/robe/tabard...whatever they are wearing, rather than a badass warrior?
If 3d ingame models getting close to concept arts -> WOW, WTF, w00t!!!
IGN: nbac
Shop ID: 508240
#1 Life/ ES Belt Race Reward Design: 594591
#1 ES Chest | ilvl80 | 6x TT | 1037 ES: 830699
After seeing these I must say they really do look good, but one of my problems with these MTX armor sets is that my character is not actually having the look of the items I have equipped but what MTX I choose to assign my armor.

I have no problems buying armor sets but why havent we seen any new armors sets that actually drop in the world for so long now.

For me this kinda feels like cheating and I prefer to have my character take the shape of what he/she is wearing even if it looks ridiculous or wrong because it gives me a sense of progression when I get the better looking pieces.
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
Those concepts are absolutely SICK. Love them, and would also love to see all the other concepts that have already made it to mtxs.

This! I love the two sets, if they look anything like that when they are released, they will both be an instant purchase for me.. :)

As said above, it would be really cool if we could see some concept art from mtx armor sets that have already made it into the game.. Keep up the great work, GGG!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Oct 13, 2014, 11:52:07 AM
Mind start working on some of the 3D arts for already existing items in the game?.. Some are way over due.
Great Artwork !
The Nerotic Armour looks so awesome :)
Keep it up GGG
The concept art looks badass. However with the current graphic capabilities of the game engine, they will probably not look as awesome in game. Are you guys going to up the polygon count or something anytime soon? Cuz I have a very decent PC. And I love the art style direction this game is going. But I wish I could enjoy it in HD basically. Anyways, keep up the awesome work guys. You have officially filled the void that used to be called Diablo. :)
I used to play Diablo 3, then I realized it doesn't have a Shabby Jerkin.
Last edited by Augustrad on Oct 13, 2014, 12:31:34 PM
o man,that's some of the best concept art I have ever seen in a game. PLIZ LET ME HAVE AS IS! DO NOT CHANGE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info