is pure evasion melee viable?

well after 2 year of poe playing time for end game (esp for crit chars) eva > armor any day..

but there is nothing viable 'pure evasion melee' you need to add some other things to compansate having zero armor..

1) high or mid %eva: check how evasion works in wiki and entropy mechanics you will see how powerfull eva is for mobs, and vs your reflect.

2) acro + phase acro : nothing more to say gimme that lovely evasion pls.. also you can dodge your own reflect again

3) block/spell block: this thing seems to be strongest of all.. cause there is nearly zero 'block recovery' animation in game that stops you able to attacking which i find so cheesy.. played d2 median mod 5 years non stop, block is strongest defensive option in all cause it reachs %75 amount which is blocking 3/4 of coming attacks/spells. but in median you need block recovery from gear to hit animation frame.. maybe i am wrong going for max block is also another job that eats many pts in tree but well deserves it

4) ondar.. X2 eva

5) blind.. -%50 less chance to get hit

6) movespeed.. i am pretty sure about it many people miss this but its game changing thing..

7) AA + coil + cod usefull for some migitation.. coil is king for eva users tho..(plus,i would not use abyssus without coil unless you are st or wearing acuity - not impossible but hard to compansate it by playstyle rmember poe still has epic dsync issues :D )

8) cwdt setup..

conclusion, there is no viable 'only' eva based melee char in poe at least not for me.. you need some other defensive sources to compansate zero defence..
on the other hand, eva beats armour chars X498508 times better than in most situation.. i have only seen 1 armour based 'tank a real tank' in poe history and that was mortezzah mara with mirrored corsair + legacy gear but he is honest guy and its written on 'cons' part.. so these are my thoughts..
Look up oos crit dagger ranger build it'd exactly what your looking for.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Just a little question:

Evasion is the same as Accuracy regarding the "actual value vs. the character sheet interpretation"?

Meaning: The character sheet "chance to evade" is based on being hit by a monster of the same level as you are. As there's only monsters <80, if your Evasion rating sits at 60% when you are 80 and drops to 40% when you are 90, it is still 60% because there's no lvl 90 monsters?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Just a little question:

Evasion is the same as Accuracy regarding the "actual value vs. the character sheet interpretation"?

Meaning: The character sheet "chance to evade" is based on being hit by a monster of the same level as you are. As there's only monsters <80, if your Evasion rating sits at 60% when you are 80 and drops to 40% when you are 90, it is still 60% because there's no lvl 90 monsters?

Yes, however it is still relevant to "yourself", meaning reflect.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Yes, however it is still relevant to "yourself", meaning reflect.

Thanks.
So when Reflect doesn't bother me too much, I can ignore my Evasion rating once it was fine at Lvl 80... :)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info