is pure evasion melee viable?

evasion + block. acrobatics.
I wanna level a ranger melee to use this items.
is a waste of time?
add lightning coil + purity of lightning and you are good to go
It's viable, i run 78 maps with 120% difficulty with 402 armor (4% physical mitigation)

I would not advise on using the abyssus do.

Better utilize the "more melee damage on full hp" gem since it will be active 90% of the times.

get 75% block/spell block

run acrobatics and phase acro (run vaal grace + increased duration when needed)

And bash away.

Peace,

-Boem-

(also invest in around 4.5k hp)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Unless you like getting one shot I'd drop abyssus but yah, high eva/block melee char is possible, in fact I don't see how that's any different then most builds nowadays.

With crit anything is possible bro.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
As with any build, must have high life or es to soak what does get through.
eva>armour
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
your build has little to do with 'pure evasion'

it is 'block' + 'dodge' + (suggested) 'lightning coil'

'evasion' (as the stat on items) in your build is a minor element that you can safely remove and be just as effective. it is always good to have some (for ondars if you take it), same with armor (for that occasional phys reflect that passes trough block and dodge)

btw add this:
"
sidtherat wrote:
your build has little to do with 'pure evasion'

Is it written somewhere that one cannot have a secondary way to mitigate damage? ;)

I'd say, at least Acro is so closely related to Evasion that you can say "pure Evasion build" when you have Evasion and Acro.

@HRDL
I would advice against using all those uniques.
You'll need to cap your resistances, and none of them have a significant amount of resists.
You can maybe wear two of them, but four? And then paired wit Lightning coil's minus resist? Good luck on that...
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 13, 2014, 2:12:44 AM
Evasion builds are viable, though as not as secure as armor based ones. Anyway, they work. Especially when covered by other defense layers.

In your case, you will die a lot, if wearing abyssus. Zero damage reduction, combined with 40- 50% increased damage taken is not a joke. You'll constantly experience 1-2 shots, or suicides because of reflect. In addition, your full unique setup leaves you with few HP left, to bypass the damage taken. Not to mention current crit multiplier. You will suicide yourself with an unsupported normal attack when you crit.

Abyssus is a no-go for eva builds. Get rid of it. Same for trash daresso. Pick a normal shield with life and resists. Even perandus will work, if you wish.
If I was you, I would wear either rat's, or maligaro's, but not both of them. Hell, I'll throw away these boots either, but it's a personal preference.

You probably got negative resists and 2.5k HP with this setup ?

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 13, 2014, 4:09:06 AM
imo you need 75 spell block for phys spells or stuff like evangelists will wreck you

lightning coil can work too
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info