Balancing issues in PoE

"
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, there are definite downsides to a glass cannon build, but we appreciate players input for how to improve the game further.

there is no downsides to a glass cannon build with instant regen.

Indeed
"
Posted by Toshis8
No need to be offended, what i posted was true. Also, do yourself a favor and refrain from posting these "how old are you" comments, that's just primitive.

I did not post "how old are you" comment, you said it. The fact you think I did not elaborate enough the problem with the game in the early comments means your age is really not up to par friend.

- Listed my advantages/statistics
- Listed advantages of another player
- Listed the conclusion of my 3 year experience of PoE

Eventually, statistically speaking, a person who prefers damage overall instead of defense will likely survive more stuff than I will. My problem (saying it again) is that there is too much emphasis on damage in PoE. I have build my character (as someone said it before) as a well rounded, defensive avatar being capable to survive a wide array of possible situations, thus sacrificing damage and clear speed.

At the moment, PoE functions on a basis "kill it before it kills you". I, sadly, do not like that, I feel that mobs are too fast for starters, some mods are insane in combination, which in turn increases risk for melees more than ranged (and I am fine with that), but I wish there is a way to be more tanky, do not have to worry about everything same as a dude who does 10 times more damage than me. Where is the logic in that?

There is not enough mods that hurt damage dealers (not per se) for stacking damage. Hardcore League should be a league where you are trying to fill the holes in your character (which in PoE are more than a handful), and trying to maximize damage parallel to defenses.
"
MajmuneGru wrote:
"
Posted by Toshis8
No need to be offended, what i posted was true. Also, do yourself a favor and refrain from posting these "how old are you" comments, that's just primitive.

I did not post "how old are you" comment, you said it. The fact you think I did not elaborate enough the problem with the game in the early comments means your age is really not up to par friend.

- Listed my advantages/statistics
- Listed advantages of another player
- Listed the conclusion of my 3 year experience of PoE

Eventually, statistically speaking, a person who prefers damage overall instead of defense will likely survive more stuff than I will. My problem (saying it again) is that there is too much emphasis on damage in PoE. I have build my character (as someone said it before) as a well rounded, defensive avatar being capable to survive a wide array of possible situations, thus sacrificing damage and clear speed.

At the moment, PoE functions on a basis "kill it before it kills you". I, sadly, do not like that, I feel that mobs are too fast for starters, some mods are insane in combination, which in turn increases risk for melees more than ranged (and I am fine with that), but I wish there is a way to be more tanky, do not have to worry about everything same as a dude who does 10 times more damage than me. Where is the logic in that?

There is not enough mods that hurt damage dealers (not per se) for stacking damage. Hardcore League should be a league where you are trying to fill the holes in your character (which in PoE are more than a handful), and trying to maximize damage parallel to defenses.

I was expecting that you might quibble about "how old are you". quoted words stand more as a general fact that you were talking about age, it doesn't mean that it shows what you said word to word.

Speaking about the topic, yes, you have fair point and i agree about that. I've made similar topic some time ago http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1069371 (read both my posts in that topic) the major difference is that it has no "brown-nosing" like you did. Some people were wondering what makes GGG answer to some topic and not to other, and I expressed my opinion.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Oct 19, 2014, 10:55:58 AM
With far shot, evangelist's shields and a lot more of things, it's not like GGG is not trying. Maybe...it's hard.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
The problem with nerfing general damages ingame is that those builds that already can t do more than 30k will then look even more retarded compared to the 600k st that will loose like 100k from the nerf and still melt everything offscreen.

The skill tree is the real problem. If the game had real classes, you could have specific tanks or dps based builds, but right now everyone can be tank+dps if they have the good build/items.

They should start by nerfing crit.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 19, 2014, 4:43:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info