Balancing issues in PoE

"
bvnl wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I wonder what made balance respond to this one and not the rest =O

This

Maybe because person who created this thread is gratifying GGG a lot? In other words: lots of "ass-kissing" pleases the game developers, making them respond to this thread instead of responding to other, maybe more constructive threads.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Oct 18, 2014, 9:38:58 PM
"
bvnl wrote:
This

Keep it up, i am sure Gary is feeling motivated already to respond in all those other threads just by reading these off-topic responses.

Peace,

-Boem-

(keep it up Gary)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
bvnl wrote:
This

Keep it up, i am sure Gary is feeling motivated already to respond in all those other threads just by reading these off-topic responses.

Peace,

-Boem-

(keep it up Gary)

I watched ziggy dying... Wondering if i had x amount armor and using different skill... I have x amount arnor/eva/block then i saw some ppl using SRS... WTF... Glasscanon have more defense than defense builds...

Does it make sense that dev answers that and not other real quality feedbacks?

The GGG representative responded because he is not the employee who is concerned with game balancing, thus changing the thread's parenting category (from General to Feedback) so that the person in charge of suggestions and feedback can reach the topic easier.

"
Posted by Toshis8
Maybe because person who created this thread is gratifying GGG a lot? In other words: lots of "ass-kissing" pleases the game developers, making them respond to this thread instead of responding to other, maybe more constructive threads.

Really mate? You feel abandoned or something? I do not get where these childish comments come from, if you have nothing to say out of some experience please keep this sh!t to yourself. Didn't realize PoE's demographic changed from average 20 to 12 in two years. Game must have really become easier and I started to suck at it...

"
Posted by bvnl
I watched ziggy dying... Wondering if i had x amount armor and using different skill... I have x amount arnor/eva/block then i saw some ppl using SRS... WTF... Glasscanon have more defense than defense builds...

Does it make sense that dev answers that and not other real quality feedbacks?

Sorry if my recent experience offended you and your supreme intelligence. I shall try not to die anymore and stop suggesting stupid balancing ideas. It's really my problem, not GGG's, trying to play the game as intended. Having so many options and in the end realizing only some of them are actually end-game viable is really fine with you. Don't make me laugh mate, I've been playing PoE for a long time and I can see the more people play, the more people complain. If a variable ain't balanced, change it.
"
MajmuneGru wrote:

Sorry if my recent experience offended you and your supreme intelligence. I shall try not to die anymore and stop suggesting stupid balancing ideas. It's really my problem, not GGG's, trying to play the game as intended. Having so many options and in the end realizing only some of them are actually end-game viable is really fine with you. Don't make me laugh mate, I've been playing PoE for a long time and I can see the more people play, the more people complain. If a variable ain't balanced, change it.

I had no intention to offend anyone here. Its just that your arguments seemed illogical to me.

On topic:
yes, many things in game are not balanced.
And no, glasscanons dont have more defence than defence builds. Its the simple fact that ranged(especially summoners) never get hit. This is a problem related to how the whole game/combat system is designed, so actually its easier to make POE2 than fix/bandage these issues.
poe needs BALANCE PATCH asap
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 19, 2014, 8:26:05 AM
The problem is that they have two contradictory design goals:

1) Make the game challenging for everyone.
2) Make everyone have a route to improve their characters.

This creates a game where "good enough" "good" and "great" gear are too far apart in impact on the game. In order to challenge those with great gear, good enough gear isn't good enough anymore. A more balanced design would be to make the game challenging for "good enough" but not worry that the game is easy for the people with "great" gear. Tighten up the variation on the gear so that "great" isn't 10x better... maybe not even 2x better.

Players looking for a challenge could impose personal rules that restrict their access to great gear, while those that want the game to be easier could trade or find that great gear that makes the content less challenging.

GGG's strategy seems to be "add content that challenges those that have mastered the old content". Horrible idea. It makes all that wonderful content that you worked so hard to create obsolete. You have the data. How long to people spend in act I of merciless? Adding "challenge" to the game by act 3.x ruined existing content. This the effect of unbalanced additions to the game.

Diablo 1 got it right. They added content that was completely parallel to the existing game. You didn't even have to do it... but it was there for the fun of it if you chose to.

Diablo 2 got it semi-right. They added an act and retooled the whole game to make that act part of the progression. Act V had issues of pacing... you leveled way too fast in act V, but it didn't ruin play in later difficulties.

PoE has got this wrong. They add stuff that decreases the amount of real content in the game, because every one bit of content that they add makes two bits stop working.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 19, 2014, 9:30:47 AM
"
MajmuneGru wrote:
The GGG representative responded because he is not the employee who is concerned with game balancing, thus changing the thread's parenting category (from General to Feedback) so that the person in charge of suggestions and feedback can reach the topic easier.

"
Posted by Toshis8

Really mate? You feel abandoned or something? I do not get where these childish comments come from, if you have nothing to say out of some experience please keep this sh!t to yourself. Didn't realize PoE's demographic changed from average 20 to 12 in two years. Game must have really become easier and I started to suck at it...

No need to be offended, what i posted was true. Also, do yourself a favor and refrain from posting these "how old are you" comments, that's just primitive.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, there are definite downsides to a glass cannon build, but we appreciate players input for how to improve the game further.

there is no downsides to a glass cannon build with instant regen.
IDK who ZiggyD is or why a ranged build would have problems with that boss. I killed it with my shadow and the guy is the definition of glasscannon with his 3.5k hp and uncapped cold res. Pot up, whirl out, flicker in, continue to pwn. Sure I died a couple times but thats why I play SC, how else will you learn the boss mechanics? I assume a tankier melee build would hold up quite well.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info