first attempt to 6 linking

Seeing it's your first try too 6L, go for it and do it yourself.
Nothing like the satisfaction of saying "YES YES YES, I linked it myself"

I've thrown well over 2K at one item and never linked it and then I've thrown 100 odd and linked it.
Last 5 linked item took 3 fuses. So yes its a huge gamble.
Its a kickass feeling when you get it right yourself though.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Depends if you like the concept of a money pit. This is defined by a Tom Hanks film in the 80's. It's only worth it for Shelly Long.
i found a shavs and planned to 5 link it with vorici. i always used the armor scraps i found with fusings, welli got lucky and got it under 40. ;)

my plan was to save 1700 use 200 if it doesnt work vorici, but always use the ur scraps +1 fusing per day ;) gl
"
karlklaps wrote:
i found a shavs and planned to 5 link it with vorici. i always used the armor scraps i found with fusings, welli got lucky and got it under 40. ;)

my plan was to save 1700 use 200 if it doesnt work vorici, but always use the ur scraps +1 fusing per day ;) gl

How many scraps to use each time when linking though? Using armour scraps to 20% quality is very annoying for each link and requires a lot of scraps.

edit: or in my case I have to use whetstones which are even more fewer in quantity than scraps for my +3 staff.
Last edited by dezahp on Oct 7, 2014, 8:18:34 PM
That's why I like the armor I'm going to 6 link:

No choice. Just 1500 fusings, 1500 vaal orbs. 6 linking then vaal orbing would be way more expensive as +1 skill gems doesn't come up often.

(yes, it's sad that the person I bought it from didn't 20% it first, but it's a high roll. You could have a min roll with 20% with lower values than this)
Last edited by PsionicKitten on Oct 7, 2014, 9:30:55 PM
I'm not sure if I should be 20% Qing before each fusing or how much quality people general up to before fusing. 20% Q for each fusing for my +3 staff is more whetstones then I can imagine lol
So I guess I'd go without, as whetstones are quite expensive and the increased chance doesn't make up the price for them
"
PsionicKitten wrote:
That's why I like the armor I'm going to 6 link:

No choice. Just 1500 fusings, 1500 vaal orbs. 6 linking then vaal orbing would be way more expensive as +1 skill gems doesn't come up often.

(yes, it's sad that the person I bought it from didn't 20% it first, but it's a high roll. You could have a min roll with 20% with lower values than this)

That chest is going to be amazing once you Vorici it.

The thought of obtaining 1,500 Vaal orbs just makes my head spin. Buying 1,500 fuses via the Noticeboard is trivial in comparison.
"
dezahp wrote:
I'm going to be making my first real attempt ever to 6 linking. I've been constantly going back and forth on whether I should attempt to 6 link myself or pay the 6 link fee with Vorici. The decisions...

So what was your verdict on the choice?

Would love to know which way you went.
"
"
dezahp wrote:
I'm going to be making my first real attempt ever to 6 linking. I've been constantly going back and forth on whether I should attempt to 6 link myself or pay the 6 link fee with Vorici. The decisions...

So what was your verdict on the choice?

Would love to know which way you went.

I think I will try to 6 link myself but will wait to save up a bit more fusings before I start. The only thing I'm wondering is if quality really affects it that much to make it a difference. Since it's for a staff, it'll use whetstones and that would get pretty expensive.

Last edited by dezahp on Oct 9, 2014, 3:13:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info