[1.2] Cold Hands - CoC + Cold Snap Bow Build (Endgame/Atziri)

CONTEST!

Ok so I'm not really playing Path of Exile right now because I am focusing on getting a job (Finally got my License as a Lawyer, yay!) And I never play anything but the short term leagues, so I don't really care when my character gets flipped into standard.

So I figure I pass on some of my gear to people who are still playing. With that in mind I figure id run a little contest. Have people submit videos of them using the build and the best videos get rewarded with a piece of my gear.

Any interest in this?
I have a different, yet similar build. I am a CoC bow using CI witch. I use Ice Spear and Arc as my main damage dealers. I try to stack global crit to boost the damage Ice Spear does. My bow is 6L: RBBGGG (I have IIQ as the red gem most of the time, which I can switch out for Empower, for harder maps).

My rare 5L ES chest has a curse on hit set-up: CoH, split arrow, temporal chains, critical weakness, elemental weakness. If I can get a 6L chest: I would add enhance vs bosses, and go with projectile weakness versus packs.

I like the set up, but would like to improve survivability and single target dps. I have, but do not use a Berek's grip ring. The reason is that I thought (based on something I read, but can no longer find) that the life leech would only occur if the target was frozen prior to the hit. From your experience, is this true, or does the life leech occur on hits that apply the frozen status?

Also, I read that you recommend a L1 barrage for single target. Other than reduced mana, is there a reason for L1 barrage? FYI: I currently use: Barrage L20, cold penetration, CoC, PCoC, Ice spear, IIQ/Life Leech/Empower for single target bosses.

"
ARollingStone wrote:
CONTEST!

Any interest in this?

I am surprised to see no interest in your contest. I'd love to have a WR with 2 white sockets to experiment with, but I don't have any videos. I don't even have a YouTube account... Could I use my questions as a substitute for a video and enter that way? :)
Last edited by Eggar on Nov 26, 2014, 10:24:14 PM
Great build; great help while I'm experimenting and putting my own flavour in it.

Is the contest still up? :>
I like this idea a lot and have been thinking a bit how to optimize the tree somewhat and came up with this:
http://poeurl.com/zn8SkHF

The main change is the tree goes to Templar instead of witch. We gain more damage there and have access to some other goodies, more accuracy as well. It gives more flexibility to get res, life or damage in exchange for points.
Ciao!
Haven't been playing in a long time, but I plan to come back for Awakening. I will likely update the build as with the recent additional gems, buffs to Cold Snap, and adjustments to the tree I'm figuring the build will be better then ever.

Sorry no contest. There was no interest and I am pretty sure the relevant gear is in Standard now.
"
ARollingStone wrote:
Haven't been playing in a long time, but I plan to come back for Awakening. I will likely update the build as with the recent additional gems, buffs to Cold Snap, and adjustments to the tree I'm figuring the build will be better then ever.

Sorry no contest. There was no interest and I am pretty sure the relevant gear is in Standard now.

Hey just wanted to say it is a very sweet build.

I have been leveling up on Standard (had a 1% cold leech Asphyxia's Wrath and had to do something with it) and using these uniques it is a breeze...

And yes the Awakening and jewels will make the build much better also easy vaal pact
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Jun 28, 2015, 9:12:26 PM
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
ARollingStone wrote:

Hey just wanted to say it is a very sweet build.

I have been leveling up on Standard (had a 1% cold leech Asphyxia's Wrath and had to do something with it) and using these uniques it is a breeze...

And yes the Awakening and jewels will make the build much better also easy vaal pact

Glad you like the build. I need to sit down in the next few days and redo the Passive tree. With the Passive tree re-work and Jewel slots, a lot changed.

Also might do a Cast on Crit Flame Dash... sounds crazy, but it kind of follows the same idea as Cold Snap... gotta use those power charges...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info