[1.2] Cold Hands - CoC + Cold Snap Bow Build (Endgame/Atziri)

Heres a suggested progression for you:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAv4FtQ5IEQ8RlhSwF1QhdiKBIuoj9iaVKgsqOC2oMHEwfDH6MgE1kjnUOkI6WELDSn1KyEt4TC1Nkk3jUDBRR1VLVcZWSlb6W69d8l5FYeJh62NDZ6BtbG6qb55v8nBScNVyw3b3dwd313pTfyt_xoIeguSDCYPbhs6HE4d2idOKr4w2jX2Nv448kBGS85smm7WcpJ6hoJ-io6ZXqW6rC6yYsZCyGbVItfK31r68wTPB88M6ykrMBs961CPWiti921nbXt0N3ajfhOd06Nbz6vrr_MX-jw==

Instead of going for Blood Drinker for life, you shoot to the top of the tree and go left and aim to get Cruel Preparation. (This helpful tip was provided to me by jdegrooth)

As far as gear... thats probably as perfect as you will get. Maybe try and nab Evasion gloves, and if you want to switch some passives around to more Crit, you could probably drop Rat's nest for a nice rare.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 20, 2014, 9:03:18 PM
Thanks man, looks like a great way to go. I am really not good with the whole passive tree theorycrafting so this helps :) i guess I look forward to the new skills as well then!
"
Juoziasss wrote:
Thanks man, looks like a great way to go. I am really not good with the whole passive tree theorycrafting so this helps :) i guess I look forward to the new skills as well then!

Hope it does well for you. If you record any videos of you running high level maps feel free to post them here!
Another mini update.

Herald of Thunder is great. No, its amazing. The combination of Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice adds a massive damage boost to both Arc and Cold Snap. I 100% support using both of these heralds to augment the build. If you find the mana cost is to much, I suggest using Alpha Howl in place of Rat's Nest, though I have talked with another who is running the build and he says he runs Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice and another Aura without any mana issues while using Rat's Nest.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 26, 2014, 12:12:58 AM
Hi, looks like a fun build and really wants to make one, but I can't afford windripper and berek's grip and i'm really afraid of elemental reflect. Can I be os on map with one pack of elemental reflect?

Sent you a PM, basiclly it depends on how big the pack size. If its a very big pack and you fire into the middle of it, you could be one shotted by Ele Reflect, but there are some tactics and gear choices beyond Berek's Grip you can do to minimize Ele Reflect.

Cold Damage Leech, you can get up to 3% with Doryani's + Quiver + Amulet. Combined with Purity of Ice to lower the reflected cold damage, this can help you manage some elemental reflect.

In general I would not recommend doing maps that have an elemental reflect modifier, even with Berek's Grip.
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try this build, I love cold snap!

When you talked about cold damage leech on doryani's belt, quiver and amulet, you mean physical leech for amulet and quiver?
Last edited by kibrab on Oct 31, 2014, 3:35:43 PM
"
kibrab wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try this build, I love cold snap!

When you talked about cold damage leech on doryani's belt, quiver and amulet, you mean physical leech for amulet and quiver?

Nope. You can Vaal Orb Quivers and Amulets to change their implicit mod (The +10-20 to strength or +20% Accuracy or +30% Crit Chance) to special mods such as 1% Cold Damage Leeched as life.

Heres an example:

As far as price they generally run the gamut, though most quivers I have seen have been around 5-10 chaos.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Nov 1, 2014, 2:09:02 PM
Edit: Double Post
Last edited by ARollingStone on Nov 1, 2014, 2:08:51 PM
Ok thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info