Freezing pulse 5Khp+MoM+lvl24AA+vaalPact 140Kdps(up to 252k+)+really good survability/Atziri UPDATE

I'm running a similar build, using pledge of hands instead.

The build

I've opted for pledge of hands because the possibility of a 7L is very powerful and the mana it provides allow me to ditch some mana nodes on the tree. This allow me to use another 5L and dual curse with warlord's mark, which solve the problem of getting out of mana when taking heavy damage. This was a major problem when facing some bosses. Another solution could be to simply use mana leech gem. You'd lose cold penetration but you could then do elemental weakness + assassin's mark. I would do that only with a 6L pledge. Dual curse is very very powerful.

My DPS is at 17667 without charges and 25531 with. I'm not using maligaro or doryani's belt, my hp and resists gets too low and my dps is high enough. My HP is at 4161 and mana after reserve is 1380.

edit: I forgot to mention that warlord's mark could replace life leech gem.
Last edited by patlefort3 on Jan 30, 2015, 6:47:44 PM
Hello, I just started a witch to try this build, but i have one problem im fairly new and get tossed into all nodes at once im not really sure where i should go first, perhaps this question have been asked before didn't check all 14 pages.

But could someone give me a breakdown as to where to go in what order?

Thanks a lot!
Hi there, I have a question for you, regarding your Witch build with 5k hp, im low level atm, and I dont know which side to chose to level up, since you reach crossroads, go to left side or right side to choose nodes?
@ Profilaktiskas zampa86

It doesn't matter which way you go. If you need more life, focus on getting more Life nodes by using the most efficient way possible. Same goes for DPS.
Nobody can tell you which way to go as we don't know how you're coping with HP or damage in general.
If you are have some ES on gear & you have mana problems then EB might be a good node too take early on.
One important thing though, try to get vaal pact for Merciless otherwise you might run into trouble with reflect mobs if you do decent damage.
I'm currently lvl 58 & this is my tree so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gQHBUIHHgdjB6UI9A5IEZYWvx8CJpUo-io4LJwtHzWSNsVBh0GWQsNJUUmyTLNVS1XGXfJfKmHiZJ1qQ2sXcFJw1X_GghCCHoLHg9uJ04w2j_qVIJUuoqOnCKlurrO18rc-uJO86sBUwfPLvdD12CTYvdrd2wvfhN-K37Dr5Ovu6_Xw1fId-ej-Cg==

You should only take the nodes that you need. Don't just follow the build for the sake of copying someone else. Do what is best for you & you can always change the tree at a later date.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 29, 2015, 1:28:16 PM
Hello,
Can U explain how the vaal pack works on low level? Because the dps is quite low so, usualy life leech also. So why vp 8s better than using normal flask+life leech? I can understand on hih lev when u can restore 3k hp per hit but on low it is impossible
thnx for answer
yhtaa
Last edited by Baronek1975 on Jan 29, 2015, 12:59:18 PM
"
Baronek1975 wrote:
Hello,
Can U explain how the vaal pack works on low level? Because the dps is quite low so, usualy life leech also. So why vp 8s better than using normal flask+life leech? I can understand on hih lev when u can restore 3k hp per hit but on low it is impossible
thnx for answer
yhtaa

Vaal Pact is basically needed for Merciless to counter Reflect mobs. Without Vaal Pact you will probably 1 shot yourself. Vaal pact is not needed before merciless.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 29, 2015, 1:06:10 PM
I am in act 3 merc. but still dont know why to choose vaal pact? I wan't be able to use flask and use ll.

ok, i found it
Last edited by Baronek1975 on Jan 29, 2015, 2:27:39 PM
"
Baronek1975 wrote:
I am in act 3 merc. but still dont know why to choose vaal pact? I wan't be able to use flask and use ll.

ok, i found it

I will put it simply for you and i quote "Life Leech applies instantly at 40% effectiveness. Life Regeneration has no effect"

Flasks generally don't save you against reflect as the damage you take from reflect is instant & you wont have time to spam the pots.
To counter reflect when dealing any sort of decent to high damage you need either "Vaal Pact" or "Atziri's Acuity" which will cost you around 120 exa on STD league.
Considering you lose 10%xp every death in Merciless, Vaal Pact or Acuity are VERY important too make most builds end game or map viable.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 29, 2015, 2:47:26 PM
"
DeamosDan wrote:
"
Baronek1975 wrote:
Hello,
thnx for answer
yhtaa

Vaal Pact is basically needed for Merciless to counter Reflect mobs. Without Vaal Pact you will probably 1 shot yourself. Vaal pact is not needed before merciless.

Im level 78 atm and Im doing 73-75 maps easily without VP. Since I've been using these pots againts reflect
I havent notice any problems with ele reflect at all even with huge packs. So Im considering not to take VP but still I need to test it in 77+ maps but so far reflect is not a threat for me even with my 3k HP:P
My setup(im still testing other variations with ice spear)

Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gMeBAcFQgceB6UI9Ax9DkgQfxGWFr8aOBpsHRQfAh9BJpUnLyj6KU8snC0fNsVBlkLDRZ1G10lRSbJMs1AwU1JVS1XGVyld8l8qYeJknWpDaxdwUnDVcYV_xoIQgh6Cm4LHg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6a4J2uoqOnCK6zsUK2-riTvOrAGsBUwfPGntD11abYJNsL217fhN-K37DkIuvk6-7r9ew48NXyHfMR96b56A_EO3y4yg==
Current gear for this build with Resists capped:

Got to chrom my items still but im using:
Freeze Pulse>GMP>PCOC>Life Leech>Crit DMG>Spell Echo

I wasn't a fan of having to use another skill or cursing to generate power charges so i opted for the lazy way of using PCOC instead. :D

Will update with DPS in 10 or so lvl's.

lvl68 tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gQHBUIHHgdjB6UI9A5IEZYWvxpsHRQfAiaVKPoqCyo4LJwtHzWSNsVBh0GWQsNJUUmyTLNQMFVLVcZd8l8qYeJjQ2SdakNrF3BScNV-WX_GghCCHoLHg9uJ04w2jmSPRo_6lSCVLp2uoqOnCKlurrO18rb6tz64k7zqwFTB88u90PXVptgk2L3a3dsL217fhN-K37DkIuvk6-7r9fDV8h33pvno_go=
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 30, 2015, 3:03:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info