HASTE: worst %60 aura or am I missing something?

The movement speed bonus can be underrated I think. Its a lot better than people think & not only for DPS. That said, its not an aura I would use for every build & if you are purely going for DPS then a lot of other auras will be more worthwhile
When I played my SRS build, I didn't use haste and it worked just fine. Hatred and Anger/ Wrath seemed to be better DPS pushers to me. And the speed can easily be increased by a) Quality on SRS and b) Flesh Offering.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Scrubs like me sadly cant use any 60% auras because i aint using my life for it because the BM gem is a silly trick to put skills on life and because my mana is too precious.
No by far Determination is. who uses that pos? not only does armor suck it barley gives any compared to grace conversion via IR
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 5, 2014, 2:16:57 AM
it was pretty shitty even before they nerfed aura nodes.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I used it on my Incinerator because it was the only aura that increased spell dps, but that was before HoI. I also use it for any low lvl area farming where speed > more dps.

So not useless, just highly situational.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
All other auras give one thing. Haste gives attack/cast speed and movement speed. With increased buff effects and increased aura effects it adds a significant amount without costing a significant amount because of all the aura reduction nodes.

Prior to the heralds, it was the only mana reservation skill that affected spell casters that dealt elemental damage.

I particularly like the extra move speed both for clear speed and defensive ability to run away.

I wouldn't call it the worst 60% aura. I believe Determination has that crown. I've never built a character that would use that. Maybe a build that focused on armor/eva + IR + Grace + armor nodes + increased buff/aura effect could take advantage of it but as a base 60% aura it's pretty lack luster.
Determination is the worst 60% aura. 50% more of nothing, is still nothing :)
If you're not going AS FAST AS POSSIBLE you're playing the game wrong.

IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
"
Zigma999 wrote:
Haste is underated. It's advantages are not made very apparent. It's both defensive and offensive if you think about it. Its one of the few auras, if not the only, that counteracts debuffs like chilled and temporal chains. Also factor in clear speed for maps, you may achieve a higher dps with anger or hatred, but you get to your enemies slower. Just think about it.

:)
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info