HASTE: worst %60 aura or am I missing something?

Probably the best DPS aura for non-phys/EK casters, but that doesn't mean it's very good lol
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

It's definitely the worst of the 60% auras, but it's probably a bit better on the whole than most of the 40% auras, so I think it's OK. Typically only worth using if you're a caster / summoner or just have free mana to reserve and aren't sure what to do with it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I kinda felt the same way, OP. For a long time.

However, I have recently had more use for Haste.

I even run it over Hatred on a LL phys hybrid wander. Why? Why on earth would I do such a thing?

Well, with no acuities it's actually better to have my dps made up of smaller hits more often.
My personal situation with gear also means I have to run a purity for fire res, I don't need light or cold res. So I run PoF. Hatred will up my cold damage and have the ratio of phys to ele be in the danger zone for reflect, while running Haste instead gives me a lower ele dmg but still the same phys and the same phys leech per hit, while hitting faster for proportionately less overall ele per hit. HoI still gives me good shatter.

The dps drop wasn't actually that much, while the survival factor was really noticeable.
Also, the run speed is sorely missed if ever I do swap in Hatred.

Situational, but not universally the case that Haste will only be run as the last in the group of dps auras. Even in an attack build where, on paper, min maxed, it really should be.

:)
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 4, 2014, 8:53:27 PM
Guys , only build that does benefit 100% from haste is SRS !

- cast speed for you
- attack speed for skulls
- movespeed both you and skulls

It is useless on all other builds
For the most part its a waste of aura space because it takes too much... aura space.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
CantripN wrote:
For spellcasters, it's much nicer, since you don't really need much else.

My EK casters uses that, amongst others.

^^ Hearld of ice is terrible for a flameblaster.

Ice damage does nothing but make it harder to ignite because if you crit you shatter the corpse. Since I don't need Dicipline and can't use HoI what Else should I use to increase DPS, oh give my self almost .3 faster cast speed. Which is HUGE for flameblast.

There's not a lot of build where it's good, but where it is good it's extremely powerful.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
symban wrote:
I see the point about summoners, but isnt it better to run Anger/Wrath as summoner? Maybe move speed makes it work, not sure.

"
CantripN wrote:
For spellcasters, it's much nicer, since you don't really need much else.

My EK casters uses that, amongst others.

I also have an EK caster, and haste is the most inefficient aura for it. If you are using that over hatred, HoA or even HoI; you are simply shooting yourself on the foot.

So in conclusion is haste a summoner specific aura, just like vitality beig RF and summoner specific?

"
Bhai wrote:
Probably the best DPS aura for non-phys/EK casters, but that doesn't mean it's very good lol

ya ek is unusual being a phys spell, most spell builds cant get in on wrath, anger or hatred.

Im not a big fan of haste usually, its a bit shit most of the time. Only build I have that runs it is my dagger cast on crit.
I'd love to see haste become a 40%er.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Haste is underated. It's advantages are not made very apparent. It's both defensive and offensive if you think about it. Its one of the few auras, if not the only, that counteracts debuffs like chilled and temporal chains. Also factor in clear speed for maps, you may achieve a higher dps with anger or hatred, but you get to your enemies slower. Just think about it.
"
symban wrote:
In my current build I can reserve auras upto %130 raw mana reserved. Hatred is %60, so that leaves me with %70 for either Herald of Ash + one Purity, or another %60 aura.

Among the ones I checked Haste is by far the worst addition. And this is with a build that directly scales with faster attack speed. DPS addition from max level haste is just on par with Herald of Ash minus burn damage, meaning HoA is still better with %35 less reserve.

No matter how I look at it I simply can not justify using haste for any build unless I have a shavrones build that can run ALL auras anyway.

Am I missing something or is this aura grossly underpowered?

Yes, you miss something...

That's my arrangement of auras in my character "Raging_SSummoner" and is obviously a Summoner using only Raging Spirits. Haste is a GREAT support...
The imagination is the limit. In this case your imagination xD
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info