New weapon skins a bit...Blizz-like?

They're not Blizz-like.

They are Asian-like, it's just that Blizz scrapped their own traditional style and adopted the Korean-RPG one.

D2 style was wonderful.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Off the top of my head Pier Gerlof Donia used a sword that measured 7ft in length and could literally cut through multiple humans in a single swipe. Hell, even an average size great sword is extremely large. In fact thats probably what they used to base the MTX 2H scaling off of.

Grutte Pier's sword is an unhandleable joke and an ugly sword whose length vs width relation made it look like a big needle more than a sword.

The design style has clearly always been the D2 one, that's why most people disagrees with those new MTX, because mixing a traditional style with Lineage style creates an abomination.

Also, if this game exists is because some people believes that things can be done in a different way than current industry and old style still has a place. If you start doing the same they do, then I don't know what's your niche.

If you want to compete against multi-billion dollar companies, you need to do something different to what they do.
Thank god for hideouts. When I saw those hideous demon wings on someone I left towns to my stash in another town.

Now? I dont have to see this crap in my hideout.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 7, 2014, 1:10:39 AM
"
Salzwer wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Off the top of my head Pier Gerlof Donia used a sword that measured 7ft in length and could literally cut through multiple humans in a single swipe. Hell, even an average size great sword is extremely large. In fact thats probably what they used to base the MTX 2H scaling off of.

Grutte Pier's sword is an unhandleable joke and an ugly sword whose length vs width relation made it look like a big needle more than a sword.

The design style has clearly always been the D2 one, that's why most people disagrees with those new MTX, because mixing a traditional style with Lineage style creates an abomination.

Also, if this game exists is because some people believes that things can be done in a different way than current industry and old style still has a place. If you start doing the same they do, then I don't know what's your niche.

If you want to compete against multi-billion dollar companies, you need to do something different to what they do.
Oh nice derailing there buddy. Youre completely ignoring the fact that i stated, its that swords that large have been used in real combat, in real life. The argument was that swords that large are "unrealistic", i was providing an example of how said statement wasnt true.

Nice try there though, skipper.

Most people disagree with the new MTX ? Nope. Last i check a fraction of a percent of people complaining on the forums about them isnt "most people".

(off the top of my head ive seen/partaken in two threads complaining about them, in which only a handful even complained about them, less than 20 unique posters complaining. 20 people/more than 3 million acounts/players)

BOY THAT SURE IS MOST PEOPLE.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 7, 2014, 2:36:09 PM
^ yep, they existed in numerous forms that large with the side effect of being razor thin extremely flexible sheets of metal for the most part. A scottish clamore may of been almost 7 feet long, but at 5-6 pounds it was barely more then a sheet of metal that was flexible enough to bend into a circle by hand. The microtransaction one hand sword from garena can be considered the same with just that center part of the blade being a normal sword's thickness while the large edges can be razor thin (which would be extremely brittle IRL but let's drop that) and could weigh less then 4 pounds even at that size.
Last edited by Jiero on Oct 7, 2014, 2:38:21 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Oh nice derailing there buddy. Youre completely ignoring the fact that i stated, its that swords that large have been used in real combat, in real life. The argument was that swords that large are "unrealistic", i was providing an example of how said statement wasnt true.

Nice try there though, skipper.

Most people disagree with the new MTX ? Nope. Last i check a fraction of a percent of people complaining on the forums about them isnt "most people".

(off the top of my head ive seen/partaken in two threads complaining about them, in which only a handful even complained about them, less than 20 unique posters complaining. 20 people/more than 3 million acounts/players)

BOY THAT SURE IS MOST PEOPLE.

When I made the post I thought that you could hold it without random accusations of derailing, calling me skipper, and falling into caps. You should learn to accept disagreement.

If you need it so badly, I can say "I agree with you"... However you should learn to admit that you can be wrong sometimes.
Last edited by Salzwer on Oct 7, 2014, 9:23:09 PM
"
Arthikas wrote:
Some of the new weapon skins are a bit...ENORMOUS. I guess GGG is pitching to the kiddies who say, "My e-peen is bigger than yours! NA na na naaa na...!"

Sorry, but lugging around a sword or mace that's bigger than my body and would take 3 men to lift just looks so dumb. Yeah it's a fantasy game but maybe GGG has been playing WoW and D3 too long? Not JMO, several guildies have commented likewise.

I had hopes for the Adder's Claw but might as well be carrying a suitcase with a too-long handle; and it's supposed to be a claw, not a blade for harvesting wheat. And that Devourer Maul is seriously ridiculous - a giant ugly head on a toothpick. OMFG.

On a positive note, the shield and bows are OK, and the art design & effects are generally good. But please guys, do something about those swords and mauls. [rolleyes]

YMMV, etc....

To OP and all you racist anime-asian haters, the seraph wings are on sale today! :D
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
not like GGG ever listened to people complaints. there was some resistance when they increased brightness of weapon effects,however it wasn't enough.Significantly larger resistance against those dsigusting seraph and tentacle wings which just have no place here,they didn't listen, now we have even greater crowds gathering against these anime fantasy MTXes, ain't think they will listen ad will jsut stick to what they're doing,but I bet someday they shall step so far that every post we'll see on the forums will be about their despicable art style and they will be forced to damn do something, we, players are paying artists not to ruin the damn game, we're paying em to stick to their roots and stop pissing around!
Last edited by Ward on Oct 8, 2014, 9:32:31 AM
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

To OP and all you racist anime-asian haters, the seraph wings are on sale today! :D

Yes, I hate Asians because I think GGG's latest offerings are crap.

Oh the logic....
Last edited by Arthikas on Oct 8, 2014, 9:41:44 AM
Whoa, take it easy fellas. Nobody's hatin' on Asians - just making comments on how the Garena market MTX's are not what we feel go with the art in the rest of the game. I just won't buy any and hope that they're working on some new ones to add in that look more fitting.

2H crossbows anyone? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info