New weapon skins a bit...Blizz-like?

I think the Rubicon has been crossed with butterfly wings and there is no way back...

Anime style of supersized weapons and fantasy "armor" that consist of just metal bra & panties, look so pathetic and is (supposed to be) completely out of place in this game. GGG dont go there, please.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 4, 2014, 5:47:16 AM
"
morbo wrote:
I think the Rubicon has been crossed with butterfly wings and there is no way back...

Anime style of supersized weapons and fantasy "armor" that consist of just metal bra & panties, look so pathetic and is (supposed to be) completely out of place in this game. GGG dont go there, please.

Metal panties? I always assumed they were chastity belts.

At any rate, if you want to criticize overly large swords, I'd start with the base item-line first. Not that I'm disagreeing with (OP), just that new news is old news; the impracticalities began a long time ago.

Personally, I'd like more reinforced doors and weighted table cloths, etc., but that ship sailed and its destination wasn't Wraeclast.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Fancy Wings or Oversized Weapons are unrealistic and break the game immersion? You might want to take out a history book and look at some of the things that people wore into combat, as well as some of the weapons they used.

Off the top of my head Pier Gerlof Donia used a sword that measured 7ft in length and could literally cut through multiple humans in a single swipe. Hell, even an average size great sword is extremely large. In fact thats probably what they used to base the MTX 2H scaling off of.

Edit - Uhh about the tentacle wings, theres plenty of mutated mobs and even npcs that suffered from pietys experimentation, soo no, not really, it makes plenty of sense for it to be in the game.

Also i forgot to mention when theyre referring to realism theyre referring to a more realistic art style, not necessarily the actual items, environments, etc. Its the difference between POE and Grim Dawn vs things like Torchlight and Diablo.

Of course there were quite large weapons throughout our history, I am aware of that, but usually weapons like claymore were two-handed and wielded by strong men. Now look at this one-handed weapon GGG created:
Spoiler

You know where this is going?
Spoiler

Speaking of wings, the only wings created by GGG which make sense are Hussar wings. Seraph wings are too fancy, glowing butterfly-like wings, though it can be tolerable at some extent, but tentacle wings…. I am fine with corrupted monsters and infected areas, but our exiles are normal humans after all and “meat wings” with wiggly tentacles growing out of their backs is a little bit too much. Furthermore, tentacle wings look “cheap”, poorly designed. By “cheap” I mean done in a haste without inspiration (no offence to designer who created it, I am just honest)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Oct 4, 2014, 7:36:46 AM
Made for the asian folks up in Garena, different audience altogether
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Edit - Uhh about the tentacle wings, theres plenty of mutated mobs and even npcs that suffered from pietys experimentation, soo no, not really, it makes plenty of sense for it to be in the game.

But we play as human exiles, not as mutated mobs. Many of the wep and wing exaggerations definitely look out of place on player characters.

I hope GGG reverts some of these design choices to a look that's more reasonably proportioned. I would've bought the claw and maybe a sword or maul skin, but if they continue on this path, I'd wager they'll lose potential sales. I've seen exactly nobody with the weps yet in the past few days, either in town, my guild, or parties.
Last edited by Arthikas on Oct 5, 2014, 1:54:16 PM
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

But we play as human exiles, not as mutated mobs. Many of the wep and wing exaggerations definitely look out of place on player characters.

I hope GGG reverts some of these design choices to a look that's more reasonably proportioned. I would've bought the claw and maybe a sword or maul skin, but if they continue on this path, I'd wager they'll lose potential sales. I've seen exactly nobody with the weps yet in the past few days, either in town, my guild, or parties.
Who said exiles are human ? Last i checked humans cant use magic, get killed and resurrect (maybe jesus can though, lul), etc.

People play games like this for roleplaying aspect, the same reason you choose a girl character over a boy, spell caster over melee, etc.

If you want things to be soo realistic why dont you just go play The SIMS ? Seems like itd suit those tastes alot more.

Ive seen tons of people with the skins, ive know tons of people who bought them at full price or said theyll buy them when they go on sale, you probably just dont notice them being used.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Who said exiles are human ? Last i checked humans cant use magic, get killed and resurrect (maybe jesus can though, lul), etc.

People play games like this for roleplaying aspect, the same reason you choose a girl character over a boy, spell caster over melee, etc.

If you want things to be soo realistic why dont you just go play The SIMS ? Seems like itd suit those tastes alot more.

Ive seen tons of people with the skins, ive know tons of people who bought them at full price or said theyll buy them when they go on sale, you probably just dont notice them being used.

Yep, the 7 exiles are not human characters. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 6, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
"
All the wings, feathers, oversophisticated shoulderpads and now huge weapons make me cringe.

This

Those ugly tentacle wings... Everywhere :c
"
Krehlmar wrote:
"
All the wings, feathers, oversophisticated shoulderpads and now huge weapons make me cringe.

This

Those ugly tentacle wings... Everywhere :c

At least with the tentacle wings I think of the blood eagle when I see them only zombified... far to much of the other stuff screams rave, mardi gras or hallowween store clearance sale when I see it :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_eagle

glowing wings, feathered helms, elaborate costumes, pole dancing female (witch or scion dance) and glow sticks galore...everything on the character can glow... we're just missing the parade floats in town.

edit - another thing... anyone else think that the templar character on the character effect store button graphic looks like a robot chicken figurine?

This one, check out the templar's body positioning in it

Last edited by Jiero on Oct 6, 2014, 8:07:21 PM
Evidently, GGG figures if the Exiles are going to have a hero to emulate, Robot Chicken should be one of them.

Wonder who's next...Deathwing from WoW?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info