New Microtransactions in Tomorrow's 1.2.3b Update

A lot of these are cool. Even those I don't necessarily like are at least different; I could see me using them on various weird characters as a kind of highlight for a build. Nice work!
How about a micro transaction to change the way the poison arrow skill looks?

Using it with a group is very confusing as it looks the same as the poison clouds you want to avoid.
"
60x7 wrote:

Bonesnap was kinda ok for a club with a skull on it but what exactly was cool about doombringer? Seemed pretty ordinary to me.

Things don't need to be over the top to look badass and memorable. I suppose I liked the dark gritty look over the flashy shiny look. Bonesnap was a crude looking maul with spikes hammered through it and a beat up steel skull on top. Doombringer looked somewhat ordinary compared to flashy over the top art in jrpgs and new games like d3, but it had a cool looking sword guard and interesting serrations in the blade which was a dark steel color.

Its like they thought bigger = better when they made these skins. These skins don't even look worn, they are brand new and unused. I thought they were trying to convey a dark gritty look in this game... wheres the chipped axes and swords covered in blood and handles wrapped in torn blood stained cloth? Thats what I personally want to see!
Last edited by VeriChip on Oct 1, 2014, 12:44:39 AM
Cool art like this makes me sad that PoE's financial model is what it is.
Badass looking stuff like this should be reserved for badass items, not something you can slap on a rusted sword :(
"
pneuma wrote:
Crypt Sword is way too big.
The rest look good.

---

While mechanically possible within the engine to make certain skin applications, you really should restrict the art to only applying onto bases that make sense. I'm really not sure why you decided already to ignore this since it's going to be extremely hard (read: impossible) to revert.

Full list:
- Adder's Claw should not apply to daggers.
- Razor Axe should not apply to maces, sceptres, and thrusting swords.
- Crypt Sword should not apply to anything except slashing swords.
- Gargoyle Axe should not apply to 2h mace and 2h sword.
- Devourer Maul should not apply to 2h axe and 2h sword.
- Runic Blade should not apply to 2h axe and 2h mace.

Restricting micro's to certain base types, de-values TONS of items. Example: I want to build a Sceptre/Mace caster, because a wand and all other weapons don't have the stats I want. So when I go to put on all my nice micros I bought, well I'm out of luck when it comes down to my weapon, I'd be stuck with an extremely old-art 3D sceptre, where as with these new micros, I have my choice of making it look however I wish(still within reason to the base type).

It's already restrictive enough, we don't need a new array of skin-transfer type micros, those things should have never been made, or at least never been made "consumable."

Consumable micros is a biiiiiiiiiig No-No. It's a gigantic waste. Sometimes, on a pay-day, people might wanna splurge 10-40$ (like myself usually) and buy something neat, like an armor set, but I'm not ever going to buy skin-transfers, unless I'm literally left with exactly 6 points. They're pointless, because once you use one, and the league ends, it goes to standard and you never get it back, unless you buy more. That's the entire point behind all other micros, they are never-ending.

Buy these new ones once, put them on most any weapon, and enjoy. Putting more limitations makes them worse and de-values them AND rare/unique items in the game. Now that they apply to many different weapon types, it makes all those undervalued rare/unique items, a little bit more valuable.

Kapeesh?
Some very nice-looking skins! Also, much better video quality for these previews. Now go back and redo all the older ones. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Ok, so now that you have micros that apply to multiple types of weapon, let skin transfers apply across all those weapon types too.

I mean fuck's sake, we can't even transfer maces onto sceptres or rapiers onto swords. :/
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
awesome new skins!
but seriously what the fuck i can make an mace or axe look like a sword WHY??1?!?! be better if kept to each respected weapon class in my opinion.
ugh, those swords are AWFUL. If I were to randomly show someone those swords and ask "D3 or PoE?" I'm absolutely confident they would say D3 100% of the time.

They look like maces wrapped in a sword tortilla. Bulky, disproportionate, completely out of place.
The fairy wings pale in comparison to how much these swords shit on the art style.
Nothing for wands?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info