+1 Gems Skyforth boot project, archive of +1 Gems Atziri's Acuity/Shavronne's Wrappings

Keep chasing that dream bro.
"
johnKeys wrote:

my biggest gripe with the lack of risk/reward in this game, is the other end of it:
the gear-checks and gated content.
gear-checks aren't new to ARPG. in fact, they are a fundamental concept in most - but not what Path Of Exile does. what Path Of Exile does is something I call "gear-check for the sake of gear-check".
if there's a gear-check/gated content, there should be a way for the player to guarantee he can pass the gear-check and enter the gate, if he passes a skill-check or a series of skill-checks.
in a word, it's called "progression". something that repeats in a loop of steadily increasing difficulty.
well not in Path Of Exile. here, it's still down to an unbiased coin toss no matter if you passed the skill check or not - which is exactly why "trade-core" people like yourself are so much "richer" than everybody else, instead of being "just richer". trade, is the only way to guarantee you pass the gear-check and unlock the gate to the next iteration of the loop.

The bold/underlined parts are not true, though. That is half the reason I posted my experience in this thread. You *can* brute force your way into wealth into PoE, it's just less effective than flipping/scamming/etc. I doubt you could brute force your way to having the level of wealth Jake is showing off such that the risk of bricking 100 ex+ items is irrelevant for you, but you can brute force your way into getting enough wealth to put together a build with several hundred ex worth of gear that facerolls everything in the game.

You have chosen not to do this, and so instead you rely on luck, which is folly as a plan for wealth in PoE (as you point out).

The only type of player who is truly excluded from endgame and will never pass the gear checks you mention is the solo-self found player. They're pretty much screwed.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 11, 2014, 10:25:31 AM
"
Fourson wrote:

Keep chasing that dream bro.

amen

"
tackle70 wrote:

The only type of player who is truly excluded from endgame and will never pass the gear checks you mention is the solo-self found player. They're pretty much screwed.

I do think this got a bit better with the introduction of master crafting - seems like awesome middle range items are sprouting up all over the place these days to fill in the gap between "crap that drops on the ground" and "mirror service items".

update: linking a stubborn legacy Shav atm, hopefully Vaal it later tonight

+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I just wanna say - good luck, man. It'd be awesome to see something as rare as a +1 Shavs.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

"
tackle70 wrote:

I do think this got a bit better with the introduction of master crafting - seems like awesome middle range items are sprouting up all over the place these days to fill in the gap between "crap that drops on the ground" and "mirror service items".

True, FM is the best thing to ever happen to solo self-found players. Most solo self-found players won't find build enabling top tier uniques, but they should be able to get enough great rares to clear everything except uber atziri. I don't see uber atziri being very possible as solo self found... not only would you have to get the gear/build together for it, but you'd also have to self-farm all your Midnights and Hopes... *shudder*.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 11, 2014, 2:14:59 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

"
tackle70 wrote:

True, FM is the best thing to ever happen to solo self-found players. Most solo self-found players won't find build enabling top tier uniques, but they should be able to get enough great rares to clear everything except uber atziri. I don't see uber atziri being very possible as solo self found... not only would you have to get the gear/build together for it, but you'd also have to self-farm all your Midnights and Hopes... *shudder*.

yeah solo self found Uber sounds awful. Even when I first started killing Uber in Ambush I had a team of people farming midnights for me (+ a full time Atziri service), farming that all manually would be terrible :/
update: added a new white socket Crown of Eyes and....

rest in pieces legacy Shav (original can be seen in OP)

so here's how this is going to work - I've had more than 20 people pm me asking about buying ripped ones as skins when they come, so what we're going to do is GIVE IT AWAY FREE at random.

All you have to do is post in this thread to be eligible for the giveaway. (after this post - earlier requests won't be counted - too hard to track everything from before)

I'll give it like a day for people to post, then randomly select a name from the list and off it goes!
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Oct 11, 2014, 3:27:23 PM
Life, tri-res, imho the legacy is better than it was before.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
GG item, who would use for skin
i like trains

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info