+1 Gems Skyforth boot project, archive of +1 Gems Atziri's Acuity/Shavronne's Wrappings

"
Ael00 wrote:
this is insane. redefining vaal or no balls. too much balls.

*slowly backs out*

:D lol

update: added an interesting new one in the OP - "Cannot be Knocked Back". for sale as always, it'll be up in my shop thread momentarily
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

added another one vaaled - white socket again, in a less useful spot this time.

Some pretty good hating going on, I'd expect no less from the mighty johnKeys. Forum wouldn't be the same without you.

re: making the whole thing public - I do it this way pretty much because a) it's fun, and it's a lot more fun to have a bunch of people to talk to about w/e project you're working on than just doing it alone in silence, and b) a lot of people asked me to track it like this. That was the #1 thing I got asked after I'd finished the +1 gems Atziri's Acuity project - "Can I see all the ones you vaaled anywhere?" - and the answer was no. This time I'm keeping track of them all.

There's also a long line of people waiting to get some rare alt art Occultist's Vestments, hopefully most of them are disappointed by the end. :)

That said, you guys are welcome to keep posting here with your criticism - I don't mind at all, and everybody is entitled to their opinion in the end.

I'm trying to optimise my gear to the absolute max before I submit my character to the Hall of Grandmasters - I don't think that's an unreasonable wish to have, and this is one of the next steps for my gear set.

(Going to start doing some Crowns of Eyes too to get a "Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You" modded one, just need to figure out how my gems are changing for the submission so I can get the colours right. Very much appreciating the flexibility I have by using my own Wand rather than a mirrored copy as I try to figure out all the locked in colours)

Who cares ! I think its awesome. Do people expect you to hand out free mirrors instead ?
Id like to see a video of someone just deleting a few shavs by town dropping them... the rage would be hilarious.
I got
as a drop and now im saving and trying to figure out how to afford a shavs to go with it... obviously this is going to make it more difficult for me to get one and I still think it is AWESOME.
A vulgar display of wealth is something as basic as having leisure time and money to play a video game while homeless struggle to eat... everyone here is guilty.
lol jake, Im glad I didnt wait for you to produce a shavs skin at this rate, that rng tho. Keep it up man, lets see +1 gems before you hit a rare.

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
LomitoGod wrote:

You do realize your highest leveled char is 78 right? There's going to be a disparity between you and the guy that spent 4 months farming end game content.

look at my join date. it's actually incorrect because I started when Open Beta came out - so yeah almost two years. I can also tell you I played around 2000 hours of Path Of Exile.

trust me when I say, I became an "altoholic" and limited the maximum levels of my characters by choice.
I'm here for a long enough time and experienced enough to know, there in fact is no light at the end of the tunnel - so why bother? why grind beyond 75/78 where it gets even slower and even more frustrating, while troll PRNG stays exactly the same.

I'll get screwed with my rewards regardless. I'll take insane risks and see nothing from them, or take no risk at all and have the dice come out right (which very rarely happens).
even if I - theoretically - kill GMP -max Palace Dominus, my chances at that GG Unique/awesome-build-finishing-rare remain the same as popping a barrel in a map 5 levels under that.

and I'll never have a Shavronne's Wrappings.
ever.
not in a billion years of monster-killing.
never...

and same goes for any other "tradecore" item in this game.
whenever someone flaunts one on the forum... endless frustration.

but dude youre stopping right on the verge of when your characters start to become fit to faceroll endgame at pace. Between 78 and 85 is when it all comes together. I saw you post in another thread that you leveled to 75 to try out a lvl75 maps, character lvl75 is so under leveled for a 75 map. At lvl75 you still get 100% exp from a lvl68 map, theres a reason for that, its because its probably where you should be grinding. Where you are stopping is right before you go from under powered, slow killing to overpowered fast killing which is where you start actually making serious currency and finding awesome gear for alts.

Im an altaholic too, but I level them into endgame and thats why I have the resources to have op gear which in turn makes leveling more characters into endgame even easier etc. Things snowball when you take it that step further.
@Snorkle, my two top chars in Standard can both do maps up to level 75 solo, despite being "under-leveled".
especially the Puncture-is-OP Ranger.
not the crazy ones with the "RIP bosses" obviously, and the occasional evil-roll yellow/corrupted level 70 map still gives me trouble - but I am at a point where I *should* be getting all dem great loots, right?

well I was pretty much at that point back at Open Beta too, before we teamed-up with Morbo/Anu/Bill to take on the highest maps the game had to offer back then. ones where I died like a damned fly because it was gear-check then and it sure as hell is still gear-check now.
but hey, I should have been getting the super-BiS-mega-loot from taking-up the challenge, right?
well... no.
same monsters. hit harder. and worst of all - same completely random drops.
this stupid idea of "kill f*cking Shrine Piety, get a white one-socket Iron Hat. open a barrel in Merciless Ledge get an Exalted Orb" is still here, and always was.
you know it, because you were there too. you are here longer than I am.

unlike me though, all 3 other guys I mentioned got at least one BiS-super-unique they can be proud of. except if memory serves me correctly, none of those was from our crazy high-map-chaining-till-empty-pool adventure.
Bill - who quit soon after that - got a Shavronne's Warppings. from f*cking Docks farming.
Anu and Morbo are still grinding like mad men for thousands of hours. ask them where they get their awesome drops. I bet most are NOT from the doomsday-maps they are doing right now.
f*cking dumb luck. brute-forcing RNG. such risk/reward in this game... yeah.
but these guys get my respect. I know they are much better than me at the game, and they grind 3-4 times as much as I have. they deserve every single time they had to literally beat the f*cking crap out of stingy RNG, to actually get something worth their efforts.

so yeah I hope that finally proves to you, there's absolutely no connection in this game between "being good" or "doing hard content" and actually getting good loot or "being rich".
that's the primary reason why I rage every time a "rich guy" does something like this publicly on the forums. chances are, he's "rich" because he won the damn RNG lottery several times in a row while I just got shafted the same amount of times at the other end. he's "rich" because he probably spent more time playing "the black market game" than actually killing shit and learning game mechanics/tactics.
there are of course a couple exceptions, and I suspect Jake is one - but that's the ground rule the game's own design dictates: get lucky, get trading, get partying with people who got lucky and traded, or get the f*ck out because you'll be getting nothing. nothing.

a single tab in a "Jake"'s inventory, is probably "worth" more than a "Morbo"'s entire stash.
that's the balance of power this game deliberately created.
skill and grind alone, will get you nowhere.
GGG's "brilliant" idea of "hardcore Action Role-Playing Game".
damn it, they did so many things so f*cking right but this?... this just pisses me off every single time I think about it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 11, 2014, 2:50:42 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
@Snorkle, my two top chars in Standard can both do maps up to level 75 solo, despite being "under-leveled".
especially the Puncture-is-OP Ranger.
not the crazy ones with the "RIP bosses" obviously, and the occasional evil-roll yellow/corrupted level 70 map still gives me trouble - but I am at a point where I *should* be getting all dem great loots, right?

well I was pretty much at that point back at Open Beta too, before we teamed-up with Morbo/Anu/Bill to take on the highest maps the game had to offer back then. ones where I died like a damned fly because it was gear-check then and it sure as hell is still gear-check now.
but hey, I should have been getting the super-BiS-mega-loot from taking-up the challenge, right?
well... no.
same monsters. hit harder. and worst of all - same completely random drops.
this stupid idea of "kill f*cking Shrine Piety, get a white one-socket Iron Hat. open a barrel in Merciless Ledge get an Exalted Orb" is still here, and always was.
you know it, because you were there too. you are here longer than I am.

unlike me though, all 3 other guys I mentioned got at least one BiS-super-unique they can be proud of. except if memory serves me correctly, none of those was from our crazy high-map-chaining-till-empty-pool adventure.
Bill - who quit soon after that - got a Shavronne's Warppings. from f*cking Docks farming.
Anu and Morbo are still grinding like mad men for thousands of hours. ask them where they get their awesome drops. I bet most are NOT from the doomsday-maps they are doing right now.
f*cking dumb luck. brute-forcing RNG. such risk/reward in this game... yeah.
but these guys get my respect. I know they are much better than me at the game, and they grind 3-4 times as much as I have. they deserve every single time they had to literally beat the f*cking crap out of stingy RNG, to actually get something worth their efforts.

so yeah I hope that finally proves to you, there's absolutely no connection in this game between "being good" or "doing hard content" and actually getting good loot or "being rich".
that's the primary reason why I rage every time a "rich guy" does something like this publicly on the forums. chances are, he's "rich" because he won the damn RNG lottery several times in a row while I just got shafted the same amount of times at the other end. he's "rich" because he probably spent more time playing "the black market game" than actually killing shit and learning game mechanics/tactics.
there are of course a couple exceptions, and I suspect Jake is one - but that's the ground rule the game's own design dictates: get lucky, get trading, get partying with people who got lucky and traded, or get the f*ck out because you'll be getting nothing. nothing.

a single tab in a "Jake"'s inventory, is probably "worth" more than a "Morbo"'s entire stash.
that's the balance of power this game deliberately created.
skill and grind alone, will get you nowhere.
GGG's "brilliant" idea of "hardcore Action Role-Playing Game".
damn it, they did so many things so f*cking right but this?... this just pisses me off every single time I think about it.

I feel you john. RNG is and has always been a part of arpgs. But when two equally competent players who have sunk 1000s of hours into the game can have completely different outcomes - it gets to me too. Unfortunately the game is still so compelling in so many other aspects, I simply couldn't move away from it.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

@john - I don't disagree with you necessarily. There is a somewhat of a disconnect between "playing the game" and succeeding financially within the game - while it's not a problem that can truly be rectified I think, they could maybe work towards a better medium. (buffing drop rates last temp league was a step in the right direction, however small it was)

That said I think manually farming deserves a bit more credit than you give it - being "able" to clear 75 maps, or even 78 maps is very different in terms of efficiency from obliterating high quantity lvl78s/79s in sub 2-3 mins each for hours on end. That type of farming used to be impossible, but with the much lessened demands of getting high map drops now it's a reality in most SC farming parties.

update to OP - added another Shav - another "Cannot be Knocked Back" lol. Back to back of that implicit, still no rips into rares. (the streak lives!)

also added a section on Crown of Eyes and the first 5 CoEs that I vaaled. The implicit CoC one is interesting, not sure if it actually has any specific use or not.

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

@john - I don't disagree with you necessarily. There is a somewhat of a disconnect between "playing the game" and succeeding financially within the game - while it's not a problem that can truly be rectified I think, they could maybe work towards a better medium. (buffing drop rates last temp league was a step in the right direction, however small it was)

That said I think manually farming deserves a bit more credit than you give it - being "able" to clear 75 maps, or even 78 maps is very different in terms of efficiency from obliterating high quantity lvl78s/79s in sub 2-3 mins each for hours on end. That type of farming used to be impossible, but with the much lessened demands of getting high map drops now it's a reality in most SC farming parties.

my biggest gripe with the lack of risk/reward in this game, is the other end of it:
the gear-checks and gated content.
gear-checks aren't new to ARPG. in fact, they are a fundamental concept in most - but not what Path Of Exile does. what Path Of Exile does is something I call "gear-check for the sake of gear-check".
if there's a gear-check/gated content, there should be a way for the player to guarantee he can pass the gear-check and enter the gate, if he passes a skill-check or a series of skill-checks.
in a word, it's called "progression". something that repeats in a loop of steadily increasing difficulty.
well not in Path Of Exile. here, it's still down to an unbiased coin toss no matter if you passed the skill check or not - which is exactly why "trade-core" people like yourself are so much "richer" than everybody else, instead of being "just richer". trade, is the only way to guarantee you pass the gear-check and unlock the gate to the next iteration of the loop.

and when you have the gear, it's obviously much easier to chain those ungodly-rolled high level maps instead of just "surviving" them. to "brute-force RNG" on the highest tier, which ironically still doesn't guarantee anything really, but will provide the "sell-able" drops to feed the "trade-core" machine, at the very least with item level alone.
in essence, the "rich are getting richer" but to become "rich" in the first place - skill and dedication alone aren't enough.

and those "chain-clear top-tier maps in 2 minutes" parties aren't anything new. I saw Havoc (HvR) and co, do it in Open Beta before the "world's first 100 ding".
there are more of those today, not because GGG changed anything in their f*cking stupid fundamental concept - but simply because more people learned they should stop wasting their time rolling the RNG dice - playing this game like it was an ARPG with actual progression - and start either partially or completely joining the "trade-core".

*sigh*

and now that I'm done writing about my personal most painful issue about the game and taking this thread off-topic, I wish you luck in attaining your goal Jake. with both the "BiS-uniques-I'll-never-have".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 11, 2014, 4:16:01 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
if there's a gear-check/gated content, there should be a way for the player to guarantee he can pass the gear-check and enter the gate, if he passes a skill-check or a series of skill-checks.

Imho that now exists, you can now definitely clear 78 maps with full self found with one master craft stat gear.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
@John: I used to run a crappy IIR/IIQ summoner in 1.1. And when I say crap, I really mean it: 2.3k hp, 700 es, 70 iiq, 270 iir. But this was more than enough to melt Dominus, which resulted in tons of rares and thus alteration orbs. Those sell easily for exalts, I think I've made more than 10 of them just with that farming routine. And once in a while you can drop something great: CoE (sold for 38 ex) and Bino's kitchen in my case.
This probably works just as well with a dual flame totem build.

@Jake: GG for the balls! On my side, ma vaal plan is on Crest of Perandus, not the same standard :o. And I haven't even started...
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"

@Jake: GG for the balls! On my side, ma vaal plan is on Crest of Perandus, not the same standard :o. And I haven't even started...

Thanks! and Crest of perandus may not be expensive, but it's damn good.

update: finally turned something into a rare. Luckily it was a CoE, not a Shav!

edit: got the chromes, added another Shav.

no change this time, added to shop thread
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Oct 11, 2014, 5:56:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info