Why in The Hell?

So last night i decided to end the night running a quick Tropical Island map, no big deal, im starting to get tired, and get ready for bed, so i figure its safe and easy. Im level 79 in Beyond league with about 4300 HP and max resists +, if that matters. So im clearing the map, and find a Haku, sweet, so i call for any leechers or farmers, and get one to join. While we are working through, no big deal, though it has those stupid unkillable totems, but nothing to hard, its only level 67 after all. Well in the midst of clearing, my internet decides to drop. I instantly panic, becuase it happened right in the middle of a room of those stupid unkillable totems. well when i check forums when internet gets back, my worst fear is realized. Those fucking totems were able to kill me before the game booted me.

That is so fucked up. Thanks GGG once again. i know i take the risk playing on a shotty wireless internet(only option), but when i keep dieing to things like this, that are completely out of my control, it really pisses me off the time i wasted in these characters. I really dont know how much longer i can tolerate this game, id hate to just quit, but dieing constantly to bad game design is far to stressing, i dont need this shit, seriously.

Also on another note, my totemancer which you just killed again, DEMANDS UNKILLABLE TOTEMS.

Also, how in the hell can alt+f4 and log to character select work instantly, but when your internet drops, leave you in the fucking game long enough to be killed?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You remember that little box you checked at the start of your character that warned you this would happen?

Also... your internet dropping has nothing to do with the game. That's on you. Get a better ISP and it wont happen.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 28, 2014, 11:42:38 AM
A logout sends a message to the server saying "I'm leaving" and so the server disconnects you.
A time out is when the server keeps asking for a message back from the client but doesn't get one. After a certain period of time, the server decides that the client isn't actually there to talk to any more, so disconnects, but it has a set amount of time before this happens.

So, basically, if you log out, it takes the 100 ms to send the message to disconnect, if you time out, depending on the server code, it could take as long as 2000-10000 ms to disconnect because no messages are being sent.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You remember that little box you checked at the start of your character that warned you this would happen?

Also... your internet dropping has nothing to do with the game. That's on you. Get a better ISP and it wont happen.

Yes, your right, my internet dropping is not there control, however unkillable totems that sit their constantly firing, that is on them. i did my job, killed all the mobs, i was in no danger of mobs, however those unkillable totems were also no threat, except if you lose your connection.
There is literally no blame for GGG when you die because you have a shitty connection. Fix your connection instead of trying to blame others.

PS: use a cable perhaps.
path of exile expert
If your internet drops, isn't it your fault?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
>plays hardcore on shitty wlan
>blames GGG when he dcs and dies

No empathy from me *shrug*
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Happened for me aswell once, but I play on Cable and a decent PC.

However this was GGG's server that stopped responding, website was down aswell.
Logged in to be mocked by "STANDARD LEAGUE", yet I don't complain.

All I want is a way to see what exactly killed me, because from this day on, I'm still wondering what could possible kill me when I'm over the level of the zone (Seriously GGG, lower the spike dmg already if you so badly want us to not take so many goddamn life-nodes)
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
There is literally no blame for GGG when you die because you have a shitty connection. Fix your connection instead of trying to blame others.

PS: use a cable perhaps.

yes dumbass, ill get right on that, you have a cable i can borrow hat will reach the satellite? if you do let me know, ill let you know where to ship it.
I see that you're frustrated enough not to know the difference between "your" and "you're". That's understandable. What's not understandable is why would you post your frustrations here where you know that you'll get no sympathy.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 28, 2014, 12:07:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info