Uniques lacking 3d art

It's a great feeling when you witness that brown glow, informing you that a unique has dropped.
It doesn't feel that great when you realise it's an ezomyte peak, dropping in a level 72 map.
What really sucks, is when you put it on, and it looks like you are wearing a mofing bucket...
The splash art is cool, make it look cool in game as well, please.
And im using that item particularly only as an example, many others need 3d art as well.

Uniques lose their "unique touch" when you put them on, only to look at the base item's model. It's lame, amateurish and shows lack of polish in the game.

I remember devs saying that their goal would be to make at least one unique for every base item in the game. With the rate uniques are created, this is not going to happen. At least make the ones we already have feel truly unique.
Is 3d design so hard for this game?

P.S. /tinfoil hat on: maybe the reason behind so many uniques lacking a 3d design is to make players buy the overpriced helm/weapon effects. Btw, they are idd overpriced. I think that if your business plan aimed towards profit by selling quantity at a lower price, it would attract more buyers and would be more profiting despite the lower prices.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Sep 27, 2014, 3:10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I want cloak of defiance :_; 3D art plz
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
the reason is because it costs so much to add the artwork.

I agree it isnt ideal, you do realise theyre not the only things missing artwork? Currently the only base items that have their proper artwork are the helmets, all the other base items have stand in art from beta, that is why a lordly plate looks the same as a majestic and glorious plate, and they all look a bit shabby.

In their defense, you ever put on a legendary item in diablo 3? They dont have art either

they just retextured rare items from the character bases, spent all their money on cutscenes to show off in trailers and didnt even add proper art for their items. GGG isnt doing this, though they could and would have them all done by now, they are adding proper art for everything. But its taking time, a long time, and a lot of money. They will get there, and it is a shame its not done yet, but we just have to be patient.
to 3D or not 3D
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Nov 12, 2014, 9:47:01 AM
"
Jideament wrote:
The weird thing is in PoE than D3; ''yellows better than oranges''

How is this possible? GGG must add a new weapon type colored ''red'' and they must be:

''legendaries''

CoE+Dagger+Crit era must end!

WTF does this have to do with topic?
"
Give it time. Thankfully GGG are designing new uniques with skins in mind more organically now, so it'll probably be more of a catch-up.

This. People who played in beta prolly remember pretty much all uniques looking... not unique at all. These days most of the stuff has been updated and even the newly added items already come with their own skin, like some shields (at least I think those were recent additions). Shields and weapons are probably easier done than armors since they don't need to fit them to 7 char models.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Give it time. Thankfully GGG are designing new uniques with skins in mind more organically now, so it'll probably be more of a catch-up.

This. People who played in beta prolly remember pretty much all uniques looking... not unique at all. These days most of the stuff has been updated and even the newly added items already come with their own skin, like some shields (at least I think those were recent additions). Shields and weapons are probably easier done than armors since they don't need to fit them to 7 char models.

I am playing since open beta and the unique 3d art (or more appropriately, lack of) was one of the biggest let downs for me (not gonna get into/count hot topics like drop rate, RNGesus etc).

It is true, however, that i see way more 3d art released with new uniques but old ones (or at least quite a few of them) either lack one completely or are in dire need of one.

So it makes me wonder since i have no relative experience on the subject: is it that hard to create 3d art for PoE? Like daggers/swords/claws (wtf is that bloodseeker unique? IT SUX IN GAME) are that hard to render?
@Snorkle_uk

The only good probably Diablo 3 has, is how cool you can make ur toon look. Even in earlier levels there are tons of cool armor sets that more than make up for some of the uniques u mentioned.

But, game sucks in every other aspect (for me at least) so, there is not enough coolness in the world to make me play that monstrosity again.
Ahhh in next minipatch they release 12 micros...
Too bad no announcement was made for released unique 3 d art...

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
Ahhh in next minipatch they release 12 micros...
Too bad no announcement was made for released unique 3 d art...

+1
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info