If they made a "no experience loss" option, I think a ton of players would take it

No loss for death would diminish the game somewhat, however, I would like to see some sort of recovery mechanic.

Something like this:
After dying, monsters are worth double XP until any of the following conditions are met:
1) Half the XP that was lost in the death is recovered
2) Another death occurs
3) 30 minutes elapse

1 puts a limit on how much you can regain. 2 basically means you can only recoup XP from your last death, not from all the deaths you've suffered. 3 is to make deaths feel less like ending a session in failure and more like an opportunity to learn. It also has the effect that the recovery mechanic primarily effects the leveling phase of the game, but not the grinding phase of the game, which should offer some newbie friendliness without taking too much away from the very hardcore.
Split even more the player base what a great idea
Sorry--but I would not take the option.

I agree that losing XP sucks majorly at higher levels. I'd prefer losing 2.5%/5% rather than the current 5%/10% penalties. Better yet, smooth the XP penalty curve so we don't have to poopsock so hard to just to get to level 80. Then you could at least earn the experience back more easily.

But a separate league would split the playerbase too much. That separate league would need its own separate challenges and further fracture the already-divided economy. We've already got Standard and Leagues, with Hardcore and Softcore versions of each. That's plenty--they just need to make XP loss not hurt so bad in Merciless. (I guess they don't call it Merciless for nothing?)
In the morning
Laughing happy fish heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup
Last edited by PrimeHydra on Sep 26, 2014, 11:11:24 AM
This is a good idea, but instead of a whole league w/o XP loss, I have to suggest a "No experience loss" mod would be a nice option for Zana's map device instead. Costing like what, 3 or 2 chaos per map? Considering everyone doesn't really use the current mods that often.

This map device mod will be that long awaited chaos sink as well, and will promote yolo high level mapping hard mods in non-hardcore leagues.

For me, difficult map mods(not annoying ones like temporal fucking chains) make of a very fun play session :D
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

The casualization of the game and the player base is in full force.

I dont' know what to even say to players who actually desire this. The game is already so goddamn easy compared to what it once was because of all the whining by a specific section of the player base that this game wasn't even designed around in the first place. But I guess as soon as some concessions are made, players will want more and more and more until Hillock is replaced with a I WIN button where you immediately get level 100 and every single unique in the game.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
^ that might not be a bad idea.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info