If they made a "no experience loss" option, I think a ton of players would take it

As the topic says, if they offered a third league where you never lost experience for dying, I think a ton of POE players would take it.

And I'm not talking some ghetto "Oh, we'll give them no XP loss players crap drop rates so they can't get items" league, I mean an honest to go league with equal drop rates where the only difference is not losing XP.

It doesn't make the game harder, it just increases the grind, which a good number of players really don't give a crap about. Losing XP just encourages Grinding to overlevel and boring gameplay instead of taking risks jumping into maps.

So leave an XP loss league for all the Uber hardcore players, and make a no XP loss league: best of both worlds.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nah
Bye bye desync!
The offense/defense ratios are not balanced around you dying six times per map. They're not even balanced around you dying once per map. This would only encourage ludicrously offensive builds and marginalize defensive investment. You're supposed to avoid dying, and you're supposed to be punished for doing so. Sure, a lot of people would move to such a league. A lot of people would move to a 1000% IIR league, too. That doesn't mean it's healthy in the long term.
If they made a league with 500% more XP, a ton of people would play there, but that doesn't make it something that would really benefit the game.

XP loss is necessary.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 25, 2014, 10:20:24 PM
Path of least resistance.

I also bet, if there was an option to start at level 31 at the beginning of cruel, a lot of people would take that too.

Doesn't mean it's the best path.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Instead of that, just get all of the macros that the 100 guy had and don't worry about ripping anymore. No ripping = no exp loss.
10% is not enough. should lose 1 lvl.
Git R Dun!
I was a hardcore player (nemesis-invasion) but since they nerfed nemesis and ambush bosses to the ground on that time (yes, i liked A LOT the first week of nemesis and invasion, and yes i died like 8 times at lvl 60-80 each league and as a hardcore player I just deleted the standar chars) and since the risk/reward on hardcore league sucks I changed to play non-hardcore leagues (mid-late ambush and full rampage).

The experience loss should be 50 or even reset your current exp to 0%.

this is MY opinion as an ex hardcore player.
Melee 2 Hander Since nemesis.

Melee forever!
Last edited by Gallote_CHC on Sep 25, 2014, 11:29:48 PM
"
That all said, simply removing the penalty is cheap and uninteresting.

How about recovering half of your lost XP if you go back and kill what killed you? I thought that was a good system (well, getting your body back, minus the popping).
Well, group play has so many advantages, and a much lower risk of getting killed, that it doesn't seem so problematic to me. But my perspective is that of a solo player, and you're right that this would be a concern.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info