1.2.3 Patch Notes

You guys really have no clue wtf are you all doing do you?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It's a fucking sad day to be a supporter, I tell you that.
This update is garbage for anyone casual.
All hail capitalism, I guess.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2hh62f/make_the_elreon_mod_cost_a_bunch_of_chaos_instead/
IGN:
Caucxican
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
Noice!

What does "The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted." mean in practice tho?

Would love to have this answered

"
It wasn't hard enough to sustain maps. Thanks.

Rofl, Carto boxes are now going to be easier to sustain map pools, if anything. You just now no longer require a party to do it.

"
Shaeltal wrote:
The amount of people I made happy by crafting them a 300-400 dps bow that costed them in total about 1-2 exalts to make was staggering. Why? Because its RIDICULOUSLY hard to find a comparable one yourself.

That's the whole point. It became way too easy to craft a bow you would normally have to pay a decent amount of coin for. What was formerly classified as "great" weapons have been flooding the market, resulting in 300-400 bows (as an example) becoming simply "good." The of Crafting mod unintentionally allowed fantastic items to become simply good, for too cheap a cost.

What they're doing by raising the price of Of Crafting is called BALANCING.

"
caucxican wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2hh62f/make_the_elreon_mod_cost_a_bunch_of_chaos_instead/
(Copied from link) Having the price around 38c on a hardcore league shows that something is wrong. The change of Elreon's mod to 2 exalts coming on Monday will mostly hurt self-found/casual players that saw the Forsaken Masters as the solo patch we always wanted.

Not really. As above, it simply adjusts it so that now self-found players see the cost adjusted to approximately the same value it would take to go and buy the desired item outright. Besides, divines are more rare than exalts, so for a self-found purist, this actually makes it easier.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 25, 2014, 7:55:52 PM
Reading these notes only makes me more happy I quit this shit last month. I keep hoping things will change for the better, but nope.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"Solo players will notice a substantial boost to drops from these Strongboxes, while parties will no longer receive too many maps."

Perfect, so the incentive for getting a party together to hunt end-game maps will be even higher!!!

....not

The amount of prejudice against party players' is ridiculous in this thread, absolutely disgusting.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 25, 2014, 8:00:04 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
"Solo players will notice a substantial boost to drops from these Strongboxes, while parties will no longer receive too many maps."

Perfect, so the incentive for getting a party together to hunt end-game maps will be even higher!!!

....not

The amount of prejudice against party players' is ridiculous in this thread, absolutely disgusting.

Map IIQ was never intended to be affected by party size like that dawg. This is technically a bug fix + increased drop rate for solo players.
"
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

So anyone who previously crafted the OP wands etc with this have just increased their wealth by 2 ex per item whilst the poorer players lose access to the mod. Surely this is a bad decision. Personally I thought the mod was not balanced in the first place. It makes a lot of unique weapons defunct. I don't doubt GGG usually (except on that "fix" for being killed before map loading screen closes) but this seems like a 2 tier mistake.
"
monkuar wrote:

....not

No, but the balancing is real. Carto boxes, as you can clearly see in the notes, were clearly punishing solo players. This change is not prejudicial to party players, but correcting a prejudice toward solo players.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Seems like alot of bad feedbacks about the elreon crafting costs around the forums/reddits after these notes came out.

Disappointments everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
IGN: Phasebladian Standard
Swagarova or TwentyWahn - Rampage
PhaseReavian or FioniVortex- Standard Talisman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info