2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
xNomadx wrote:

I like your tree. Where are you heading with the left side under elem equi (towards the mara side) ?
What are you buffing with inner force?
Have you considered going for thick skin or full acro?
Other than that this is pretty much the tree i wanted to make

Use the PoeBuilder link to see the full tree - sounds like you hit the official poe URL, but the official site doesn't have the 1.3 tree up yet so it gets cut off.

IF is buffing max lightning res, max fire res, and evasion from grace. I don't know about anyone else, but the biggest threat to me seems to be burst ele damage even with very little physical defenses (with CWDT, ~8k evasion + acro is enough against phys, even with 0% block).

I don't currently have level 20 purities nor IF, but as I understand it you can get up to like +5% max with lvl 20 gems + IF. Ele reflect is my only concern for the most part, that and huge boss ele dmg. Anything that will reduce danger of ele reflect is a huge plus to this build.

This tree is too stretched to go for Thick Skin or Phase Acro. Those could be considered if I took this character to 95+, but my next 2 points are going to VP.
"
I have been using this build as a Scion because I had one already leveled to 67. Currently level 88.

This is my v1.3 105 point build, it's very similar to the original:

IMPROVED
I haven't done a very in-depth analysis, but iirc I have gained crit chance, spell/ele dmg. Instead of going for the nerfed Barbarism, I will now include the Inner Force cluster at 88, where previously I was waiting til 91.

EDIT: I probably gained a small amount of crit chance because on 1.2 I don't have the last shadow crit node under Assassination. I currently have 1 point in a +30 int node, but with the int +20 I'm getting from Sanctity + Retribution, I will no longer need it.

DEGRADED
Went from ~165% inc life down to 147%. With Barbarism I could get up to 155%, but with the nerf I think IF is a much more valuable investment with this build.

The templar illuminati triangle nodes are very attractive, but this build already has so much damage I don't really think it's necessary. My goal for level 90 will be buying or chancing a Voll's D, then VP.

Gear-wise, besides Voll's D, my priority is to craft an end-endgame dagger that includes 60%+ spell dmg, 20%+ atk spd, 30%+ crit chance, 1% LL w/ Lightning .

Very nice. I'm probably going to do something very similar with my lv90 scion: tree

Less evasion but I've been doing fine with a jade flask so far anyway.

I'm also tempted to make a shadow that's going to look like this since I really liked Galax201's tree.

Shadow will have slightly less life and attack crit, but more evasion and that Alchemist cluster is so sexy. It might even do more damage. I'll have to compare :D
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
So still Uber viable in 1.3 in Torment League? Probably...

I did a few trees and I still have similar life.

Scion is a pretty good solution if you take the attack speed nodes at the start because you lose the Swift Precision notable.

You do gain a bit of area and another 1% life regen if you're not VP.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Dec 6, 2014, 7:04:46 PM
I might try something like this in 1.3

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2YeJVSyaVE56kkX4zXfJw1XBSidMOSGND44Q2PWKsnaq0xcLsBbXUI2yMjb9RR-dUJP3_3jB8fyvWio19I_ZNkha_D6tTNZu1ykrDOlFMrEd9WypNPydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gq3PsauPC1vnpykhxN3B-ywjAu5fCoL8-rxs8DjS1fE9nKprKqfPlnzLdI62Ow4Jy-QVRo4hX0pT8lnQXK8mu1Ez352rOoY9zKRzrvt-Os=

With the added perk to get free endurance charges = no / less need for volls devotion.

It's abit less crit but i tried mathils orginal build with 53% crit just to test for comparision and it works rly well. So we don't realy need 80++ crit.

And since we're taking the staff node here, i might try it with either crit staff or angerods staff for the +1 and free lightning pen. Another nice thing if going staff route is increased aoe for cyclone. (I tried a critstaff for fun with 38% crit and it works well but not reliable for coc, but then again i've no crit nodes on my current tree.)

So i don't think 1.3 will hit us so hard unless something else changes aswell.

Lmk whatcha all think.

Edit: Or if you would wanna try CI, i'm tempted to try that.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2pJETnl3yfjPz6ioLcFKJ03DVES8rCrb3Y0MOSNvnRwby4V9qEZaQG3BWmhPb1Cy_wcV_xoauVmMV11yKwfOio6crNbkdTy0flSBtGRFQ2VsbJekCS67fig186rq0DJMnHNz3wRpsna6nCLiT6-4o-lfJKU_kIoV9-eiCx5Sg2mJodD1fUlOX9EyzUDDbXncHhxOcpG-egwlGcYXFQkt94yzhrGa5Pth2fscb8eWL

I've never done CI build before so points might be off. LF opinions on this one aswell.
Biggest issue with this one would probably be handling the mana if we
re gonna use volls. Pros for this version is free bloodrage. But i do suspect that CI might be bad idea due low/next to no protection / mitigation. Altho i've taken both GR and ZO.

Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Dec 7, 2014, 7:25:56 AM
Here is my lvl 91 Scion tree for 1.3.

I still get Barbarism (+1 fire resist is nice with Voll's Devotion). I also go for Unrelenting, which gives me 5% less life than filling out the Scion wheel, but it should significantly reduce the huge life cost of Cyclone (we all know how fast life goes down if your mouse is really close to your char).

In addition I'm dropping the Shadow elemental damage nodes and go into the new elemental damage wheel on the Templar side, it should give a nice dps boost.

Next two points will go down to Precision, unless I manage to make a nice Vagan dagger!
PS. I am very satisfied with my chosen crafting mod on the dagger.

Gear
This is my lv 91 tree for scion budget fakener.

I skipped EE because I don't like that node. Instead i went VP for full reflect immunity (can do 18%reflect maps, and i do not die to reflect packs even due to my tricky CWDT curse setup).

Was also thinking about dropping the Odnar/Acro, but the migitation still seems very good, even after the block nerf. Anyway, there's no other place to spend those points that would make much sense...

For lower levels I'd cut the templar nodes in that order: amplify + aoe, retribution, maybe some of the crit from shadow wheel, dropping also all the +int nodes if you have many on gear. Every excess of points after small adjustments would go for either life or movement speed (close to 5% for shadow) or other 'utility' nodes.

Note that the CWDT with Warlord's mark and Temporal Chains is the defensive curse setup as opposed to the one in Herald of Thunder gem slot. Since Warlord's mark from one of the last patches works for spells, its excellent, because I'm then reaching about 15% lifeleech, which, for Vaal Pact, is about 6%. People can sustain with 6% leech alone without Vaal Pact.

Here is my gear and gem setup:
Spoiler

Note that I'm running full offensive so i skipped Grace to run 2 purities (fire+light) + 2 heralds, one without Reduced Mana in favor of auto-dual-curse. Found myself rarely needing melee evasion anyway.

Herald of Ice is nice for destroying corpses, sometimes helps in maps such as Acton's, or any general maps with necromancers. And it adds a bit of damage, really. Fills up the mana i wouldn't have been using anyway.

1.3 build.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2pJETnn4zXfIOSGNDEZZwVpAbmhPb1HDVidNwUmHiVUsWvyaVD6ubtVM11CMFtejWIurWin8rMHxRR42_TZIj9o19_94k_edUykrDOlFMrEd9WypNSsg_J7XybqrYvTWS_gq3Pjwtxq6Cx_noQYco-pitKgvz6vcycqnE9sAaWfOsqpBVGjgnL-w4KU-FfYKbmjs8Be984XOiAASz8B-SfdwjmG_lz_5UDc0rUBzOPQ_Pfnas6hg62C3SKjipbsQVxp4Qfwx9

1.2 current build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMFtQ5ID6sRlhOeFE0Wvxo4I_Yk_SaVJ-0o-ilPKjgqTTB8Mok1kjY9PC0_J0GHRXxKyEtXTZJRR1FMUzVVS1fiWfNd8mHiYqxjQ2wWbIxuqm-ecFJwVnDVdwd9W34zfr1_K4KbgseDCYM4hX2HE4nTjDaNfY2_kBuQVZJ9l5eX_phvmK2aE5u1nKSdqqIApJGnhKlurEesqrQ4tMW18rc-wBrA48LswzrE9sauykrUI9aK2L3b1OOE5Rnlz-dU7DjssO988bP56Pv1_Ev-Cv_e

Probably going to do this unless things change. Don't have Voll's Devotion yet but I'm more than half way there. The + endurance charge is getting ready for it. My current 1.2 build will have different crit chance because I took Depth Perception before and only respec'd 2 points out of the 3 when I put on Vaal Pact. The +30 int is a must because the 1.3 update; you lose 22 int from 1.2 nodes. Without it; you'll need to make up a huge int deficit in gear for purity of lightning.

What I lose:

- 2% life
- 25% crit chance
- 15% crit multi
- 18% accuracy
- 8% attack speed

What I gain:

+ 1 endurance charge
+ 5% chance to elements
+ 19% reduced mana costs
+ Inner Force Wheel
+ 12% elemental damage
+ 15% all resist

I need to get a Vagan Dagger ASAP. Even a mediocre one. If I don't; I'll have to deal with a mid 70% hit rate unless I make a huge equipment overhaul. A good Vagan dagger will decently overtake what I lose in this update. Next passive point will probably go into Retribution. 16% spell will increase damage and 5% attack speed will help the previous loss. Also +10 int might help transition of removing +30 int node. I'm refraining from picking up Sanctity because the only thing that will benefit you there is the +10 int. But if I do go Sanctity; I can remove the +30 node(after Retribution)
Last edited by Eff0rt on Dec 9, 2014, 2:16:42 PM
"
Cyclone now attacks slightly slower and has an equivalent increase to damage. It now deals damage immediately when it is used, in addition to periodic damage. Cyclone no longer targets enemies, only locations.

"
Cast on Critical Strike's cooldown has been increased from 0.01 seconds to 0.05 seconds.

So, what do you guys think - is the build still viable with the 1.3.0 changes?

I'm still going to do a Scion Fakener build of my own making, but I just might substitute Cyclone for Spectral Throw or Molten Strike if it ends up being too slow.

Thoughts?
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

You might proc less when rushing into dense mob packs but the build was doing insane damage anyway.
The patch affects molten strike, barrage and spectral throw more in my opinion. And spectral throw always sucked for single targets.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info