Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
saucefar2 wrote:
I am doing this build from scratch, not sure how resists will look with this gear but probably not too shabby.

My main worry is your lack of Chaos resist. Unless you are going for CI, the hybrid ES/Life build fears Chaos damage the most. A lot of enemies have chaos damage without being very obvious.
"
"
saucefar2 wrote:
I am doing this build from scratch, not sure how resists will look with this gear but probably not too shabby.

My main worry is your lack of Chaos resist. Unless you are going for CI, the hybrid ES/Life build fears Chaos damage the most. A lot of enemies have chaos damage without being very obvious.

That's true i suppose, no matter what you will not reach a positive amount of chaos resist without gimping your gear completely or as you said going CI.

I don't need to respec to ci, to know how that will plan out though.

Last edited by saucefar2 on Jan 15, 2016, 2:22:49 AM
Hello people, I'm fairly new to the game so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have trouble on maps +73, I think I'm doing ok dmg vise, Discharge dmg on 6 power charges 15k but I cant quite survive, tried out using grace but didn't help at all(grace gives me around 2.5k evasion)
What changes should I make for a better experience? Like 6L voll's or some changes in my jewellery anything at all?

this is my setup

my stats

tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YHHg18DkgRLxFQEZYc3CBuIvQo-ioLKjgrCiymLOEy0TQKNbk3ZjsoPV9BlkVHRnFHBklRSbFMs1AwUlNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NknWwLbRluPW-ecFJwVncHf8aDCYTFhxOJ04w2jxqP-pAbkNaTJ5Uul5WX9JoTm7WcpKEvpyusZq6ztAy4k7k-voC-isBmwzrKSsrT0B_Q0ND118_Ydtte29Tquuvu6_XviO_r8NXyHfLh-Tc=?accountName=yobakz&characterName=yHefftobemad

So far I really enjoy the game and the community seems really cool and helpful but I'm kinda stuck on this build :3
Last edited by yobakz on Jan 15, 2016, 2:01:44 AM
"
saucefar2 wrote:
"
"
saucefar2 wrote:

That's true i suppose, no matter what you will not reach a positive amount of chaos resist without gimping your gear completely or as you said going CI.

I don't need to respec to ci, to know how that will plan out though.

Personally I am only on a 5 link chest still, so I had to sacrifice gear for more chaos resist because I don't kill fast enough. Once I do get the 6 link I should be able to lower my Chaos resist a little.

My point is you really need to at least aim for 0% chaos resist at Merciless. More is better but less than 0% would get you killed.

Respecing to CI is a big deal, I think it is too much to sacrifice.
"

Personally I am only on a 5 link chest still, so I had to sacrifice gear for more chaos resist because I don't kill fast enough. Once I do get the 6 link I should be able to lower my Chaos resist a little.

My point is you really need to at least aim for 0% chaos resist at Merciless. More is better but less than 0% would get you killed.

As i said over more than 20 pages of the thread, CI IS THE WAY (always you are not aiming to kill UBER, because CAN'T use RIghteus Fire on CI). There's no sacrifice CI gives many advantages over hybrid, main is the chaos thing

"
yobakz wrote:
Hello people, I'm fairly new to the game so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have trouble on maps +73, I think I'm doing ok dmg vise, Discharge dmg on 6 power charges 15k but I cant quite survive, tried out using grace but didn't help at all(grace gives me around 2.5k evasion)
What changes should I make for a better experience? Like 6L voll's or some changes in my jewellery anything at all?
tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YHHg18DkgRLxFQEZYc3CBuIvQo-ioLKjgrCiymLOEy0TQKNbk3ZjsoPV9BlkVHRnFHBklRSbFMs1AwUlNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NknWwLbRluPW-ecFJwVncHf8aDCYTFhxOJ04w2jxqP-pAbkNaTJ5Uul5WX9JoTm7WcpKEvpyusZq6ztAy4k7k-voC-isBmwzrKSsrT0B_Q0ND118_Ydtte29Tquuvu6_XviO_r8NXyHfLh-Tc=?accountName=yobakz&characterName=yHefftobemad

So far I really enjoy the game and the community seems really cool and helpful but I'm kinda stuck on this build :3

I saw in your tree that you took those Energy shield nodes in the wheel over Scion start. Respec that into the witch start ES nodes, that will boost your ES a bit (the ES Wheel in the middle of the tree is the last thing to aim in this build)

Other than that, since you are using a KRIS (giving enough crit chance without PCharges, i would respec the "ADDERS TOUCH" Physical crit chance with dagger + the witch power charge and jewel socket to reach the Templar jewel socket. Once you get to it buy an INTUITIVE LEAP VIRIDIAN JEWEL and put in that socket, then can allocate "Faith and steel" and the power charge (in the future or if you are using Warlord mark can take the enurance charge there too. I also took DEVOTION for the +20str and 6% increase auras effect)

i would also take some Attack speed jewels, u will really notice a big difference with more aspeed.

Tree i would recomend
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DdEOSBEvEVARlhslHNwi9Cj6KgsqOCsKMtE1uTsoPAU9X0GWRUdGcUlRSbFLrkyzUlNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NknWZUbAttGW49b55wUnBWdwd_xoKbgwmExYV7hxOJ04w2jxqP-pAbkyeVLpeVl_SaE5o7m7WcpJ_foS-nK66ztAy4k76AvorAZsM6ykrK09DQ0PXXz9lb29TjhOkC6rrr7uv17DjvfO-I8NXyHfk3?accountName=yobakz&characterName=yHefftobemad
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
Last edited by alvuimil on Jan 15, 2016, 4:30:28 AM
"
alvuimil wrote:

I saw in your tree that you took those Energy shield nodes in the wheel over Scion start. Respec that into the witch start ES nodes, that will boost your ES a bit (the ES Wheel in the middle of the tree is the last thing to aim in this build)

Other than that, since you are using a KRIS (giving enough crit chance without PCharges, i would respec that + the witch power charge and jewel socket to reach the Templar jewel socket. Once you get to it buy an INTUITIVE LEAP VIRIDIAN JEWEL and put in that socket, then can allocate "Faith and steel" and the power charge (in the future or if you are using Warlord mark can take the enurance charge there too. I also took DEVOTION for the +20str and 6% increase auras effect)

i would also take some Attack speed jewels, u will really notice a big difference with more aspeed.

Tree i would recomend
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DdEOSBEvEVARlhslHNwi9Cj6KgsqOCsKMtE1uTsoPAU9X0GWRUdGcUlRSbFLrkyzUlNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NknWZUbAttGW49b55wUnBWdwd_xoKbgwmExYV7hxOJ04w2jxqP-pAbkyeVLpeVl_SaE5o7m7WcpJ_foS-nK66ztAy4k76AvorAZsM6ykrK09DQ0PXXz9lb29TjhOkC6rrr7uv17DjvfO-I8NXyHfk3?accountName=yobakz&characterName=yHefftobemad

Hi alvuimil, thank you so much for ur kind efforts. I see you made some smart moves around the tree, I got your point and the intuitive leap viridan jewel would be great, I didn't even know it existed lol. I'll make the necessary respecs asap.
But what about the gear do you think its fine? I have around 8ex atm I was aiming at a 6 link devo's but dunno if all the respec + 6th link would make everything fine
Last edited by yobakz on Jan 15, 2016, 4:45:35 AM
"
yobakz wrote:

Hi alvuimil, thank you so much for ur kind efforts. I see you made some smart moves around the tree, I got your point and the intuitive leap viridan jewel would be great, I didn't even know it existed lol. I'll make the necessary respecs asap.
But what about the gear do you think its fine? I have around 8ex atm I was aiming at a 6 link devo's but dunno if all the respec + 6th link would make everything fine

i would aim for a 350ES+ helm, 400ES+ shield, and 150-200ES boots, then the 6L, maybe Volls devotion first.
"

Thanks for the advice, i managed to reach 60 chaos resist, i might dedicate one jewel just for chaos resist alone, the rest will be max life, -mana cost and es.

I personally think that if you're going to spend currency on this build, you might aswell pick the one that does it all. The hybrid build works i bet for everything that isn't facing chaos damage, but its not realistic to expect it to work with 2k hp.

Even if you manage to cap your chaos resist 2k still won't be enough.

As for the energy shield, assuming you have invested in faster recharge of your shield you still need to run out and recharge eventually, i just don't see the point with a build that requires you to be close up for crits.

With the life build you can use flask to manipulate all of your health but you will also be relying more on resists, i keep my clarity at level 1 as i won't be using blood magic obviously.

The real mana drainer is discharge when combined with life leech, increased critical strikes and cast on crit, it can be a real problem with the life build as you won't have enough mana to discharge as much as the hybrids, the rest will be reserved in mana.

I think it can be solved by investing in either reduced mana reserved jewels or nodes.

The belt and jewel is not too good either, maybe i can replace it for something better.

besides the voll and devotion i basically took what i had from before and in bloodlines.
Last edited by saucefar2 on Jan 15, 2016, 9:56:22 AM
Hi, how do you get your life back. Just with flask? Or/and LGOH on Jewels? What are the most important stats for jewels?
"
saucefar2 wrote:

As for the energy shield, assuming you have invested in faster recharge of your shield you still need to run out and recharge eventually, i just don't see the point with a build that requires you to be close up for crits.

With the life build you can use flask to manipulate all of your health but you will also be relying more on resists, i keep my clarity at level 1 as i won't be using blood magic obviously.

The real mana drainer is discharge when combined with life leech, increased critical strikes and cast on crit, it can be a real problem with the life build as you won't have enough mana to discharge as much as the hybrids, the rest will be reserved in mana.

I think it can be solved by investing in either reduced mana reserved jewels or nodes.

Wait what? I think u really don't know what u talking about (don't mean to be rude)
why would i invest in ES Faster recharge rate? In this build (Hybrid or CI) "GHOST REAVER" node is a must (Life leech applies to ES), my shield is insta filled when any of my discharges hit.

As i said over all the thread, USE WARLORD MARK with BLASPHEMY (35% mana reserved), it gives 2% LIFE LEECH and 2% MANA LEECH. This is a total UPGRADE for this build:

Can drop Life Leech from ur 5L and add increased critical strikes
Don't need to run Clarity or +mana on hit jewels
Generate ENDURANCE Charges, boost ur damage and sutain ur CWDT

You only need to use DISCIPLINE (35%) and WARLORD MARK_Blasphemy (35%) = 70% mana reserved. In my case that's 144/402 mana unreserved. This allows u to drop 1 Elreon ring and put a good ring to cap ress or whatever is needed. Can even run a lv 3-4 Clarity if u really need it (that you don't)
In case you still got mana problems u can carry one mana FLASK (instead the life one_CI Version)

"
BALRIM wrote:
Hi, how do you get your life back. Just with flask? Or/and LGOH on Jewels? What are the most important stats for jewels?

ur life only with FLASK, ur Energy Shield with Life leech gem or Warlord mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info