[1.2.1] Lvl 90 Crit Dagger ST/Double Strike Uber Capable

Uber Down! Physical Crit Dagger ST/Double strike 180k+ dps

Yes I'm very flamy. Don't judge my lack of expensive micros

You can start shadow or ranger. And as ranger, you could get more dps by taking the projectile nodes out instead of life/eva. Path as a shadow should be obvious from ranger tree, as it touches the shadow start.

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgSxBbUGIwceCC4OSBGWFr8ZjhutH0Ej9iT9JpUqCyzhMHEwfDIBNj06Qj3iRwZI7klRSn1LeExgTZJRR1HZVUtW9Vb6XfJh4mKsY0NnoGyMbWxwUnBWcNV4rn11feN_K4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nv46KkBuVLpVml9CaE5smm42dqqLZo4qmf6c0rGav67CSsNixs7IZtUi307k-uXy748SizerPetN-1CPWitfL2HbbbtvU3ajnVOd06NbrFOyw7UHtg-4O8NXy4fPq9vz8xf66_5P_3g==

Gear

flasks for normal gameplay

Referenced elsewhere-- Why abyssus
Math on physical damage taken with Coil+Abyssus

We effectively have no armor so that will not be part of this at all

1000 damage physical hit coming in. instant 40% converted to lightning. Lets assume we don't have POL on (because we can but I rarely do)

1000= 600 Phys + 400 Lightning.
600*1.42= 852 (1.42 is abyssus more phys dmg)
400*(1-.75)= 100
Total damage = 952. LESS than a non coil non abyssus user!

Important Get an abyssus with low inc phys dmg taken.

(so coil makes up for abyssus with low inc phys)

yes if we used rats nest, we would take even less damage, but abyssus just gives such a high dps boost that you start killing everything including bosses before they can apply their damage.

"best defence is a good offence blah blah blah but its kinda true"
Physical spells still hurt! cant evade.

Uber strategy stuff

Flasks for uber

pretty simple, for trash mobs it isnt too important. Just don't risk getting meled by the hard hitters.

Duo Vaal lightning balls is your biggest worry, so I used 1 instant, 1 over time health pot, 2 topaz surgeons, and 1 cold flask. getting frozen is a death, but maybe with the flask you can get out of it. 2 Topaz to attempt to live through lightning balls.

Trio flasks don't do much. I was lazy but probably a surgeons quicksilver flask would be most useful. at least 1 bleed flask recommended.

Uber: not that it matters at all, with this build if you get hit by any of her attacks besides spears you will die. luckily we have 46% spell dodge, so pray that if/when you mess up that saves you. but just incase it makes the difference, 2 rubys, 2 health potions, 1 topaz.

Gear swapping

Right before this fight I corrupted a decent pair of steps with acceptable colors, and rolled +1 frenzy. That coupled with its potential lifesaving spell dodge, I decided to use them for the whole uber run.
(the dps hit from using a rare glove instead of maligaro's is probably worth the extra evasion and spell dodge, so I'm running them indefinitely).

Read above for abyssus math.

Even though other players I watch with eva and no Coil don't get 1 shotted, I would recommend using rats nest in ALL trash mob areas(uber, normal theres no need). Its not worth the risk of wasting 1 portal. They are slow but hit hard.

Vaal Duo, there are no heavy hitting physical users, so I chose to use Abyssus for the dps boost.

Trio... should be obvious. Tons of physical, 1shot potential. Don't use abysus.

Uber Atziri Was worried that spears would do too much. But they never were an issue with abyssus, so I recommend abyssus for atziri.
Also don't forget to take off curses. In my video I messed up a ton of things (flasks) including forgetting to take off my curses. Hard to do in middle of fight but it costs you a ton of dps (mini reflect will trigger cwdt which will enfeeble her and you) killing your dps.

Fight strategies

Vaal
So this fight was the one I was most worried about. And as you can see in the vid (soon) I was right to worry. Pretty sloppy, bit of desync, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten away with 2 deaths. Turboing normal vaals is a pain, DO NOT TURBO UBER VAALS

Anyways, double strike if the opportunity comes, hopefully they don't camp in the bottom corner like they did for me, ST them. One thing I will do next time is stagger their spawns more. Since I cannot burst them down in the initial volley, but can do > half their hp, a good strat would be to hug the wall, go near the northern one, agro it, wait ~5 seconds, agro the second one. Go back to first one and land as much free dps as you can while he is spawning trash. Repeat for second vaal when first vaal hides. During the fight, avoid lightning balls as much as possible, flask up when you see any of them. Avoid first, dps second. Practice on normal atziri assuming you can't eat more than 1 lazer, get hit by cold at all, and cant stand in ball lightning for more than half a second.

trio

Pay attention to where you kill the first 2 of the trio
This cannot be stressed enough. Uber seemed to spawn bigger corrupted zones. I killed bringer of rain in a good central spot, then forgot to kill the cycloner in the middle. This forced me to have to run back through the reaver/mob packs every time I needed to kite.

So I always kill BOR first, she can 1 shot you with the continuous rain attack, and cannot be kited as accurately as the rest. Plus titty bitches don't hit you almost ever, and reset evasion chaos (look it up if you don't know what that means) I think, effectively reducing the damage you take from the bosses. You can run a manual enduring cry immortal call, I thought I could kite them and did not have this prepared.

I was worried that the cycloner would trap me on his corrupted ground so I opted to kill him second. People say the reaver has reflect, I have never even noticed it, so I was not worried about that part. What surprised me was the amount of trash mobs that spawned and how much damage they could do. They are good for keeping flasks up but my limited mobility plus their spawn location made it difficult to heal from them and regain flasks.

I would leave reaver for last, unless you can kill the reaver perfectly in the middle to give yourself a nice circle to run around. Cycloner's blood stacks will kill you very quickly, be ready with bleed flasks.

Uber

The fun part. Honestly I think this is the easiest part of the run.

Practice on normal. But be warned = Uber casts much faster and overlaps her spells instead of having a delay between them.

There are some potentially unavoidable combos. Mainly either stormcall into a small flameblast. The reason why this may be unavoidable is the stormcall may trap you in a small area, then she WILL cast FB directly on you. If this happens, pot up and hope you dodge it. The only good way to avoid this is to not panic when she casts stormcall and find yourself the biggest opening in the room. Not the nearest, stormcall is still quite slow, the biggest. This way you can dodge the flameblast inside of your opening.

Normal phase: St or double strike, dodge then attack. DS is risky but does 4x+ the dps so it means you spend less time trying to dodge her spells. Be ready to move before the next attack starts incase it is flameblast. If its any stormcall, you have ~2 seconds ish before it lands, dps then dodge.

Split phase: The "Fun" phase. My strategy for this is to only attack after dodging the current flameblast. ignore spears, potion when one lands, attack whatever location you decided you like on normal regardless of what atziri it is, unless it is mirror. Don't do that one. In the video, when I was expecting a flameblast under me, she casted it under my decoy, which was where I had planned to go. Resulting in death. If you use decoy (really doesnt matter what you use, Enduring cry, enfeeble is all you need) be careful of this.

Wait till flameblast starts, be on the move when it starts. It comes in perfect intervals so this should'nt be hard. When flameblast starts, dodge it and the stormcall and apply some dps. As the FB ends, be ready to move again. If you are attacking (specially with multistrike double strike which binds you for a split second) when she starts flameblast, you will probably be unable to dodge it. I try to alternate between ST and double strike, so that I can avoid the flameblasts. Find what works on normal and do it here, better.

Healing phase: if you have your gems set up like me, pop blood rage for extra frenzy charges (swap to secondary set and back when they go away to not drain health). Try to apply ST evenly to every direction. If you start getting desperate, you effectively lose 50% of your dps on ST because you aren't getting the returns on the projectiles to apply before the mobs get close. One option may be to bring an arc totem. The mobs can't be shockwaved (i tried) or a spell totem frost wall, just to help delay them a bit. Replace CWDT with this if you do this as it is not needed for this fight.

DPS

All dps is with charges, because we always have charges (2% LL is enough to not need BR for the most part but you should still run it)
And power charges are generated with PCOC which means they are always up. Dps without charges is irrelevant.

Also atziri's promise adds a ton of dps. Pushing me over 200k normally.
With maligaros DPs

DPS with abyssus and charges

Double strike 170k
ST 30k.

DPS with rats and charges

Double strike 120k
ST 21k.

With Step (rare gloves) DPs

Abyssus

Rats Nest

Defence

Keep in mind I am level 90 and these stats are based on mobs that average lvl 90 (accuracy wise). Im not entirely sure but I think with just abyssus and no grace I am still close to approaching max projectile evade for any practical map level.

Abyssus no grace

Rats nest with grace

yes it could prob be min/maxed better, im lazy. my build is lazy

Uber vids

Sorry for lag during crucial times. Will see if recording to SSD Fixes it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLjhzxKtTk
warning: cussing

part 1 is 29 minute long and I will be reuploading it tonight as it failed last night.
Last edited by wyoian on Sep 25, 2014, 5:10:00 PM
Hey could you update the video. im interested in your build
Hey man im planning on making this build as soon as i see that atziri video. I was wondering if you could either write or take a screenshot of your def and offence. how much evasion dodge block etc..
Atziri part uploaded, have to upload the first part (29 minutes) tonight because it will take forever.

Will screenshot defences soon
Thanks man quick question though. Ive never done atziri so since you can do uber does that mean its really easy to do normal atziri like whats the difference between the two.
"
asbo96 wrote:
Thanks man quick question though. Ive never done atziri so since you can do uber does that mean its really easy to do normal atziri like whats the difference between the two.

Normal is almost stupidly easy compared to uber. Everything is lvl 70 instead of 80, and doesn't have the 100% health and dmg modifier. I think this roughly means they have less than 1/4th the HP and dmg. Not entirely sure if the level of the map changes their bases, but it sure feels like it does.

I'll upload a normal atziri video, but having 100k+ dps trivializes most of the content in normal atziri. You can burst vaals down while turboed with some instant pots. You can facetank the trio ish, and you can kill atziri's split phase before it casts its second set of spells.

On atziri, you can still get 1 shotted by not dodging spells. with 4k life, you may live, may not. With a res flask up you will probably live. Atziri just takes some practice but is quite easy after you do it 5+ times for most people. She casts a lot slower and has longer delays between casts.
how is this for hc? I have a 82 reave ranger in beyond and I am thinking about respeccing into crit ST. I am not really looking for do uber or anything, just want to be able to clear 78 maps efficiently.
Last edited by theAei on Sep 24, 2014, 3:08:34 AM
I have similar build on 95lev, but i dont have abbysus, but i try, one big diference is in my build lapis amulet, ratpith globe shield and if you wish rainbowstride thats all give me spell defence 75% and hudge diference.
"
theAei wrote:
how is this for hc? I have a 82 reave ranger in beyond and I am thinking about respeccing into crit ST. I am not really looking for do uber or anything, just want to be able to clear 78 maps efficiently.

eva works alright for hardcore, but Abyssus would be switched out for something else.

edit: So for hardcore the tree would probably be changed around quite a bit.
Pick up 2 sets of block nodes.
Maybe travel over to the scion life wheel to put us around 6k life instead of 4k.
At that point if we still have enough dps to warrant it, Vaal Pact would be nice. I would love Vaal pact on my build but the point investment takes away too much dps.
Last edited by wyoian on Sep 24, 2014, 11:24:46 AM
"
Gwardek wrote:
I have similar build on 95lev, but i dont have abbysus, but i try, one big diference is in my build lapis amulet, ratpith globe shield and if you wish rainbowstride thats all give me spell defence 75% and hudge diference.

Yes going full spell block is an option, you end up with a lot less eva, or you dont use some uniques because it would be hard to get capped resists with that option when using coil. So you either sacrifice some dps or some other form of tankiness. But then spells become not an issue. May be a good idea for uber. I'll do some math later on what would dodge/block more spells, rainbows or atziri's step with that setup.
Last edited by wyoian on Sep 24, 2014, 11:10:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info