[BEYOND] Lotus' GroundSlammer

Introduction

This build is fairly basic, good for people who just want to smash stuff and be viable from level 1 all the way up to end game maps. This build is mainly for beyond or hardcore, since it will focus mainly on defensive stats. The dps is still fairly high although, like all weapon builds this will rely on gear and your weapon. Just and overview of the stats, the build has around 6k life, 9k armor, overcapped resist for elemental weakness maps and 25k dps groundslam. Ive read up on other guides to groundslam, and majority of them have about the same amount of dps, but nowhere near the amount of life or armor or resist even.

Stats
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/YR5nwuB.jpg

6k HP, 9k armor, overcap resist
26k dps, 8% life leech

POEbuilder stats
Spoiler

Defense
82 % increased Armour
24 % increased Evasion Rating and Armour
60 % increased Life Recovery from Flasks
222 % increased maximum Life
1.5 % of Life Regenerated per Second
10 + to Armour
96 + to maximum Life
20 +% to Chaos Resistance
8 +% to Fire Resistance
10 +% to all Elemental Resistances
1 +% to maximum Fire Resistance

Weapon
30 % increased Attack Speed
3 % increased Attack Speed with Maces
12 % increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
16 % increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
45 % increased Melee Physical Damage
12 % increased Physical Damage
195 % increased Physical Damage with Maces
109 % increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons

BaseStats
100 + to Dexterity
30 + to Intelligence
270 + to Strength

Misc
8 % chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
10 % increased Light Radius
12 % increased Radius of Auras
40 % increased Stun Duration on enemies

Spell
8 % increased Area Damage
5 % increased Effect of Buffs on You
12 % increased Radius of Area Skills
22 % increased effect of Auras you Cast
6 % reduced Mana Reserved

Passive tree
108 points (level 91)

Gem setup
Spoiler
5L RRRR R or B
GroundSlam , melee physical, blood magic, multistrike, added fire or conc effect
(switch to conc effect after getting amplify passive)

Conc effect will increase the dps greatly over added fire, but the range will be slightly shorter with amplify passive (18% reduced) which isn’t a big issue when you play solo as all the mobs will be right up in your face anyway.

4L RRGG
LeapSlam, blood magic, faster attacks, temp chains

4L RRRR
cast on dmg taken, immortal call, increased duration, Molten shell
(use a level 19 cwdt, as it is a multiplier of 440 so that the 2 cwdt sync together nicely, although this is not a big deal if levelled to 20)

4L RGGR
Reduce mana, hatred, grace, herald of ash
(running these 3 auras will require a level 16 or so reduced mana and the sovereignty passive and 4% reduced nodes. At level 19 reduced mana u can respect to aura effect for slightly stronger auras. )

4L RRGG
Cast on dmg taken, enduring cry, increased duration, vaal haste
(level 1 cwdt, level 5 enduring)

Weapon Swap
Spoiler
3L RBB (mace with int and cast speed)
blood magic, enfeeble, inc aoe

(I like to be able to run enfeeble with a weapon swap, to do this you will need int, as there is hardly any on the passive tree. Its extremely useful on hard hitting bosses like kole or flicker spiders, having this curse is a real life saver and makes the harder bosses much much easier.)

3L RRG (shield with int)
haste, determination, warlords mark

(its always good to be flexible with auras, if in a group with someone running hatred, you can switch to haste for more speed, or switch off herald of ash and hatred for determination if you need added defence.)

My gear
Spoiler

The gear is fairly cheap, although my gear is roughly 4-5 exalts worth on beyond. I had equally good and viable gear setup with 1-2 chaos items, the addition of masters makes gearing for resistances extremely easy and cheap. Also majority of players don’t play groundslam in this league so finding a high dps mace isn’t so hard. I bought a 460 dps one for 1 chaos, the one im currently using is 540 dps which costed me 60 chaos. And it is far from the best mace on the league which are roughly 650+ dps.

Priority of gear to get first, you want to get a 4% or better life leech ammy, don’t use carnage heart, its not worth the reduction in %hp. Youd also want about 2% leech on a ring and another 2% on the gloves, you can craft that on gloves. At around 8% leech you should be at the max leech rate. With 6k hp, the max leech rate is 1200 hp per second. And with 16000 physical dps, the leech is 1280 per 1 target. Even if you leech at half that amount (4%) given 2 targets you will be at max leech rate.

You want to build your gear around those critical items first, t hen afterwards you want to get enough stats to run grace and conc effect, they are 153 and 108 dex and int respectively. That’s pretty easy to get on 1-2 pieces of gear for int and 1 piece for dex, just fit them into the boots helm ammy etc….
And for the rest of the gear, just make sure you are overcapped resist for elemental weakness maps. This is very important because you want to beable to do all zana missions without being afraid you don’t have enough resist and need to forfeit the mission. And it makes curses from mobs a lot less scary, as they do almost nothing in terms of elemental damage. (although u still want to run a warding pot)

Bandits

Spoiler
Oak(normal), for hp

Kaityn(cruel) for attack speed (you can pick oak again but I feel there isn’t a lot of attack speed on the passive tree or gear, but there is plently of ipd. You want to have a balance of both, but u can always just test it with an item and see what gives more dps to you)

Oak(merc), for endurance charge = longer immortal call

Flasks

Spoiler
Sapping divine of stauching, seething divine of grounding, seething divine of heat, ample granite of iron, ample quicksilver of warding.
No need for an adrenaline flask, leap slam will be much faster than that pot.

Leveling guide
Spoiler

19 points (rush resolute tech)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBGS4hAiFVJ-0s-zkOUFRUC2wWcql7jHzZhxmpc6yq2WHkUel8_Es=

44 points (add hp nodes, make way to iron reflex)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBC2EU9hkuIQIhVScvJ-0s-zGeNZI5Dj38TeNQVFQLWGNfP2vZbBZyqXgNeWh7jHzZhjuHGYzPplepbqlzrKq18ryfwQTG2Ni92WHjn-RR6XzvDvZI_Ev-jw==

58 points (get IR and more hp, leveling uniques should carry the damage)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBC2EU9hUgGS4hAiFVJy8n7SmlKk0s6Sz7MZ41kjkOPfw_J0p9SshN404qUFRUC1hjW69fP2ega9lsFm6qcql4DXloe4x82YY7hxmHdozPplepbqlzrKq18ryfwQTG2Ni92WHdDeOf5FHpfO8O9kj8S_zF_o8=

69 points (get sovereignty to run all three auras)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBC2EU9hUgFy8ZLho4IQIhVScvJ-0ppSpNLOks-zGeNZI5Dj38PydKfUrITeNOKlBUVAtV1lhjWfNbr18_ZOdmnmega9lsFm6qcql4DXloe4x82YCkhjuHGYd2jM-QVaZXp4SpbqlzrKq18ryfwBrBBMbY2L3ZYd0N45_kUel87w72SPrS_Ev8xf6P

84 points (fill in the damage, wrecking ball, baptism by light, bone breaker, purity of flesh, in that order)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBC2EOFBT2FSAXLxkuGekaOCECITQhVScvJ-0ppSpNLOks-zGeNZI26TkOPfw_J0p9SshN404qUFRR5lQLVdZYY1nzW69fP2DEZOdmnmega9lsFm6qcql4DXloe4x82Xz1gKSGO4cZh3aKIozPkFWexaZXp4SpbqlzrKq0L7XyvJ_AGsCmwPPBBMbYy0PYvdlh3Q3eweNq45_kUel87w72SPrS_Ev8xf6P

102 points (berzerking, then fill up most of the hp nodes except for 20% off the 109 point build, get amplify and switch to conc effect instead of added fire)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMLYQ4UFE0U9hUgFm8XLxkuGekaOCECITQhVSLiJKonLyftKaUqTSzpLPsxnjIJMok1kjbpOQ49_D8nR-JKfUrITeNOKlBUUeZUC1XWV-JYY1nzW69fP2DEZOdmnmega9lsFmxGbqpybHKpeA15aHuMfNl89YCkgziGO4cZh3aKIozPkFWexaIApDmmV6eEqWipbqlzrKq0L7XyvJ_AGsCmwPPBBMbYy0PQgdi92WHdDd7B42rjn-RR6XzsOO8O73z2SPrS_Ev8xf6P

Conclusion
Thanks for checking out my build, feel free to ask questions ign: Lotus_smash
And post any suggestions or changes to the build or gear setup.
Last edited by helldemon on Sep 21, 2014, 7:57:03 PM
Gonna try this now will keep you updated :)
"
ktwilson wrote:

ive added the leveling section, hope it helps!
Your mace is good, equip a marohi and show dps plz
"
DuMansta wrote:
Your mace is good, equip a marohi and show dps plz

marohi = 350 dps
this = 540 dps

Simple math can follow, I won't do it for you

And are you saying his build is crap because he bought a good weapon?
Last edited by DuMansta on Sep 22, 2014, 2:18:30 PM
"
DuMansta wrote:

this is quite nice, increased 40% ipd and life regen for a bit of life. I do value the life flask nodes though in my build, having an extra 60% life recovery from flasks can be a real life saver on the seething pots.

i think if your going to do this build on rampage ur build is definitely a good option.

Thx for input!
can't do atziri like the rest of 2h builds
"
helldemon wrote:
"
ktwilson wrote:

Level 45 now going really well Geffories Baptism makes it nice as easy atm. Will post again when I get to Merc and go a big gear upgrade!!can't risk dying on beyond Ha
"
ktwilson wrote:
"
helldemon wrote:
"
ktwilson wrote:

Level 45 now going really well Geffories Baptism makes it nice as easy atm. Will post again when I get to Merc and go a big gear upgrade!!can't risk dying on beyond Ha

nice bro, when i leveled i think i used geof's till around 48-50, then i upgraded to a 300ish dps mace for like 1 chaos or something like that, basically doubled my dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info