My experience with the game - from closed beta to now. [Long post]

"
phoenix4dota wrote:
"
Zonfire wrote:
Why even bother play the game barely making 1 exalt per hour when you can flip

"
Zonfire wrote:

ask anyone in my guild Prosperity lmao. Some notable people who are not in my guild are fyndel, Ventor, AXN, and Walmartgirl.

But let's be honest, anyone doing uber services easily makes AT LEAST 20 ex an hour usually 35+ and on good a day upwards of 50.

I thought you are talking about flipping when you use the word flip, sorry then :)

"
That name and shame...

More like just naming.

I was talking about flipping, if you have a lot of currency at your disposal, you see items like void batteries for 30 exalts, you buy it, it sits in your shop for a day, then someone PM's you and you sell it for 50. easy currency, you flip the big items, make 10-15 ex profit per item. It's easy to do. And yes I wasn't name and shaming, just naming and giving examples of successful people (along with my entire guild as we are all extremely rich :D)
This is just another trade thread then, im out.
"
This is just another trade thread then, im out.

Would you like to make the same currency in 6 hours of mapping as you would with one simple trade you see on the notice boards or some good deal? I surely don't.
So about Atziri.

I feel the only reason it is so profitable, is because of the randomness of fragments. It takes a long time for a casual player to accumulate a fragment set from drops. They do not want that time to feel wasted. First attempting this instance was almost guaranteed death. So what options were left for the casuals?

Sell the fragment set.
Use a kill service.
Stash the set.

The situation got more complicated, but this is the root: supply and demand. The majority of players were not farming Atziri. Atziri has unique items. little supply, huge demand.

I think the solution was simple. Eliminate or severely minimize the amount of randomness involved with normal Atziri.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Zonfire wrote:
I was talking about flipping, if you have a lot of currency at your disposal, you see items like void batteries for 30 exalts, you buy it, it sits in your shop for a day, then someone PM's you and you sell it for 50. easy currency, you flip the big items, make 10-15 ex profit per item. It's easy to do. And yes I wasn't name and shaming, just naming and giving examples of successful people (along with my entire guild as we are all extremely rich :D)

I still don't think you can flip one big item per hour with that margin. Can you make 50-75ex per 5 hour playing session every day? Regular 350+ex pure profit per week and all you need is enough starting currency because the rest is easy? Nope.
"
phoenix4dota wrote:

I still don't think you can flip one big item per hour with that margin. Can you make 50-75ex per 5 hour playing session every day? Regular 350+ex pure profit per week and all you need is enough starting currency because the rest is easy? Nope.

Sure you can, it's easy, and not pure ex, you make more exalts if you invest in more items, that is my philosophy to getting rich, invest everything you have into items. a few days ago I had to restock my shop, so I hit up xyz, bought a wand that sold for 5 ex, bought it for 5c, bought a shield for 6c, crafted it with an ES mod, sold it for 10 exalt, and a few more goodies, made about 25 exalt in a matter of 15 minutes. it's not rocket science, you're just banking off of peoples lack of knowledge. Not to mention all the trades I get asking to trade items, I always make them over pay 20% of what the item is worth. so they ask for a 5L windripper, I make them pay about 60 exalts in items that are sellable.
"
Nice feedback thread

I didn't know we were allowed to request mods not to do their jobs and subsequently have the mods not do said job lel

6/10 for effort but 3/10 for presentation (wrong forum, more than 140 characters)

Spoiler
With that much stuff and ex, how about you give out some of your non top tier stuff to others?
IGN: HolyBling
Its a loot hunting game and you circumvented it by trading, on standard, im amazed it took you 2 years to finally get bored. start a new league and dont trade at all, it breathes new life into poe. But you wont do that because come on... lightning arrow in beta, into flicker strike main, youre just a fotm net decker thats collecting useless stacks of pixels. This isnt a feedback thread this is some sort of weird name dropping thread with facepalm worthy brags about stacks of monopoly money. Rmt your shit and buy your mom some flowers, quit games to focus on being a capitalist predator in the real world preying on noobs by flipping real estate, acquire a mansion in cali and a super model wife. Complain to your country club friends that youre bored of youre third benz. Talking about having multiple shavs in poe is pathetic and frankly i cant help but pity you, first world problems in a vidya gaem it doesnt get any sadder [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Stewart_GGG on Sep 20, 2014, 3:33:18 PM
The one and real question come to his last conclusion.

-He tells people he made 700 exalts

-he claims game is unrewarding.

\Thread And logic,altogether.

Mate as you said,you are burned out and thats the only real reason.It happens.Dont come with false conclusions.Right now there is a guy im feedback and claims he made 10 ex Since CB and never had a good item dropped for him.

Truth is this is a very time consuming game.But more time equals in the end better quality drops.In that essense it is very rewarding.

Flipping items also can make you rich.Some like the trade game.For me that i involve with trading only if i want to buy something specific,i would find the currency with some trading of things i find.

My aim is to have fun by playing the game,guildmates and all,all other chat closed.General is trolling gallore and trade spam galore respectively.So closing the chat since open beta made me a happier person.

And playing the game and not getting engaged in tradings is more satisfing,what you know!

Playing fresh its time on new leagues produce new exploration of things,and keeps the game fresh everytime.Standard chars lose its charm overtime,and gear gets recycled since if you stick in one char,you probably wont get better gear at some point,in which case you might do the trade game to buy that certain mirror gear piece.

Although maximising one char can be good,you will spemt equal amounts of trade time which can easily makes you miss the whole point of the game.

Game is everchanging and sticking on standard and its trading wheel not only gets old fast,but its fun counterproductive.They give you 24 char alots for a reason and the skill forest is enough to get you entagled with different chars.

Damn thats long post...Anyway.every burnout needs its cooling period.Take a brake,visit next league in 2 months.
Bye bye desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info