My experience with the game - from closed beta to now. [Long post]

Besides all the nerfing, excuse me balancing they do since they will NEVER balance the game. Legacy items are one of the dumbest things they have done. Either get rid of them or just keep them in game. Waiting for the next big patch to find out what will be legacy is only good for flippers that try to anticipate whats being legacy to make a butt load of currency. Stop with the legacy madness. Oh wait im not a 3X supporter, my opinion means nothing to GGG
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
Zonfire wrote:
But i'd have stacks of exalts and rly good gear just taunting me lol, and none of my friends would bother playing that way. :(

Well, yes, it requires some discipline! :p I'm kind of going back and forth on the topic, too. I don't trade in Standard and HC at all, but when I play temporary leagues I tend to do it lightly (just a few items or gems), so some of my stuff that eventually moved to Standard was not self-found. None of the bigger stuff, though.

I also understand being bugged by the presence of legacy items (heck, I even have some!), though it's really more psychological than anything else. I don't party, so other people running around in mirrored gear or OP legacy gear doesn't really affect me, but yes, I understand.

I'd definitely participate in a self-found/no-trading-possible league, either official or paid.
I don't think that there will ever be a self found league. That's basically what I was waiting for all this time, but I understood that it's hopeless. It's better to just play selffound on your own instead if waiting for a perma league that forces everyone to do it.

PS: @Mivo your dual flame totem build is really good for that kind of playstyle :)
Last edited by Tanit on Sep 21, 2014, 4:02:08 AM
"
Tanit wrote:
I don't think that there will ever be a self found league. That's basically what I was waiting for all this time, but I understood that it's hopeless. It's better to just play selffound on your own instead if waiting for a perma league that forces everyone to do it.

PS: @Mivo your dual flame totem build is really good for that kind of playstyle :)

it'll be a thing when paid leagues come out
So you donate some ex to me >< I'm so poor. Damn 700EX....
"
choopk1993 wrote:

I have well over 2000 exalts in gear atm. :p
I love this game to pieces as well but my view on the game is totally different than yours. You only seem to think in rewards for the time you spend in the game. I conclude that you need rewards to have fun, and that's a recipe for burning out eventually whatever you do, not only in gaming by the way. You felt forced to flip items back in the day, you need the game to be a race or a contest/competition for you to be able to play ?

I never play this game to get maximized profit, my goal is fun. I want to enjoy games, not feel pressure to do anything, and PoE is a game where I can perfectly do that. I'm not a racer, racing makes me skip things, skipping things is removing beauty and fun for me. I have almost played 1400 hours since official release and maybe 300 more in closed beta/open beta and I have never been in a map higher than level 75. Do I feel bad about that? No. Do I feel the need to map/levek faster and more efficient? No. I play solo or with one friend, more than that makes me enjoy the game less as it's not my pace anymore.

I like games were you can set your own goals, PoE is excellent for that. So many possibilities in the game, but this also so many possibilities to play. If you approach it all like a race you will feel forced to do things all the time. Some people thrive on that racing playstyle and that's ok, and if you're one of those people you should adapt every time something changes, like rerolling, changing builds whatever and it seems like you don't want to do that. If you play permanent leagues (like you do) I don't understand how you can feel forced to do things you don't want, as standard/hardcore are the leagues where no one cares about ladder and do whatever. If you want refreshing gameplay why don't you just go play the new leagues, that's what they are for, don't stick yourself in a corner and then suddenly wonder why you feel burned out. I would feel burned out if I tried to play like a only a couple of builds for 2 years +.

My feeling is your approach doesn't synch with what you actually like, stop looking at other players, just do your thing, and your thing doesn't have to be playing for x exalts per hour or some crazy stuff. Stop limiting yourself, which is what looks like you have been doing for all that time.
"
Zonfire wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:

I have well over 2000 exalts in gear atm. :p

how much is this in temp league currency? 20ex?
Wait, you play in standard? LAWLZ. Who cares how much $$ you have? IT IS STAAAANNNNNDDDDAAAARRRRRDDDDD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info