[1.2] Incinerate Max Block 8k LMP Tooltip (Beyond Top 30)

Hey guys, here to share the knowledge I have gained through trial and error while playing incinerate three leagues in a row, and making it into the top 30 of Beyond League while soloing!

This is an Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter build that relies on Cloak of Defiance to get the MoM Keystone. The approximate cost of the build with a 5l Cloak included is 8 Exalt. Current tooltip DPS is 8,065, shotgun DPS is 96,780, with fire penentration dps is through the roof, especially on resistant mobs. Check it out in a Monster Life Shipyard Map (77).

How Mind Over Matter Works

The way that Mind Over Matter works is that all damage you take is split 60/40. 60% of the damage you take is applied to your life pool, and 40% is applied to your mana pool. So the calculation is not Life * .4. To figure out the maximum unreserved mana pool for your life, it's:

Life / .6 - Life

So ATM i have 5040 Life
5040 / .6 = 8400
8400 - 5040 = 3360

3360 is the maximum amount of mana that will absorb damage for me if I am hit by a OHKO. Because i have 2657 unreserved mana, my effective HP is 5040 + 2657 = 7697.

Index
Index

1. Passive Skill Tree

2. Gear
2.1 Essential
2.2 The Rest
2.3 Considerations
2.4 My Gear

3. Gems
3.1 Incinerate
3.2 Auras & Vaal Spark / Vaal Grace
3.3 Cast When x
3.4 Curse & Arctic Armor
3.5 Lightning Warp

4. Stats / Screencaps

5. Videos

1. Passive Skill Tree

Bandit order

Normal oak: for life
Cruel skill point: you already have access to cast speed nodes in 4 different places on the tree
Merciless endurance charge or skill point: endurance charge if you want a longer immortal call

Inner Force (Current Build)

This is likely the final version of the build I will do. This is the full inner force tree, block is capped with a 4% block lahzwar and tempest shield. Spell damage nodes in witch tree can be replaced with health nodes in scion wheel if necessary. 5484 Life, 3962 Mana, 2245 Unreserved, 317 Mana/s

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAuMDHgQHBukHHgdjB6UI9Ax9DPcOSBBYEH8RlhXnFm8Wvxo4GmwegR8CH0EkqiaVJ2Eo-isNLJwtHzI0NZI2PTbFNuk6WDwtQYdEq0V8RZ1JUUmyS41Ms099UWBTUlVLVa5Vxl3yXh9fKl_KYeJirGaeakNrF2yMc7N-4n_GgFaCEIIegseD24dljDaPppBVlSCVLpeXmuCdY52qna6io6SxpwinhKmVr7e0xbc-uJO86sAawFTB88aexq7Lvdgk2L3a3dsL37DjauOE5Y7nC-nV6-Tr7vBr8NXzvvno-tL-Cv6P_xw=

Discipline and Training (Old Build)

This build works for either Witch or Shadow. Build is capped off at 93 with Discipline and Training. 5.3k Hp, 2.3k unreserved mana, effectively 7.6k hp with MoM, 272 Mana regen/s. Pretty tanky.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAuMDHgQHBLMG6QceB2MHpQj0DPcOSBBYEZYUTRXnFm8Wvxo4GmwegR8CH0EkqiaVJ2ErDSycLR8yNDY9NsU26TpYOthFfEWdSVFJskuNTLNPfVFgU1JVS1XGXfJeH18qYeJirGaeakNrF2yMbRlzs3y7fll-4n_GgFaCEIIeg9uHZYw2kFWVIJUul5ea4J1jnaqdrqIAoqOksacIpzSnhKmVr2yvt7TFuJO86r2CwBrAVMCcwfPFisu92CTa3dsL37DjauOE5Y7mgecL6dXr5Ovu7DjwH_Br8NXzvvrS_xw=

+40 Life, Skill Point, Skill Point

You could get an additional endurance charge if you plan on doing atziri.

2. Gear

2.1 Essential

Cybil's Paw

Cybil's Paw

The first item you should purchase. Synergy with block, cast speed. Can be equipped at 37 and makes levelling up easy mode. Vaal orb with fire leech or culling

Stone of Lahzwar

Stone of Lahzwar

2nd order of purchase, necessary to get max spell block. Vaal orb with 1% fire leech or %block chance.

Cloak of Defiance

Cloak of Defiance

This is absolutely required for the build if you want to survive, should be the third item you get. This will help mitigate all types of damage, but most importantly physical damage, which is your greatest weakness. I would recommend getting a 5l for this build, otherwise your damage will suffer in maps.

Rathpith Globe

Rathpith Globe

The final piece of the puzzle, caps your spell block. Try to get 50% spellblock minimum, otherwise capping spell block will require investing in Mind Barrier node.

2.1 The Rest

The goal of all your other gear in order of importance; overcap your RESISTS, get LIFE, get MANA, get MANA REGEN.

Stats that you are looking for: Max Life, Energy Shield, Mana Regen, Max Mana
Helm

Base: Energy Shield / Evasion or Armour
+Max Life
Dual or Triple Resis
Bonus: %ES / Flat ES / Max Mana

Gloves

+Max Life
Dual Resis
Enchant: 2-3 Block *This will help you reach block cap

Boots

+Max Life
Dual or Triple Resis
Move Speed

Belt

Base: Leather Belt
+Max Life
Dual or Triple Resis
Bonus: Flat Armour / Flat ES / Str or Dex

Rings

Base: Any
+Max Life
Dual or Triple Resis
Bonus: +Max Mana / Mana Regeneration / Flat ES / Str or Dex

Potions

Seething Divine of Staunching

Seething Divine of Heat

Ample Quicksilver of Adrenaline / Perpetual Ruby of Dousing

Perpetual Granite/Jade of Warding

Perpetual Ruby of Dousing / Perpetual Topaz of Grounding

A staunching flask is absolutely required. Once you hit a certain gear threshold, your biggest threats will be corrupting blood and puncture.

Dispels frozen and chilled is going to be required, as you will not have immune to frozen on any gear (unless you run Alpha's Howl, which is not recommended)

I prefer granite over jade, as you will find the lower consumption (30 vs 40 of jade) allows for more gulps...

I usually swap between Ruby and Topaz depending on the situation. I run the Ruby for most situations, Topaz for piety.

2.3 Other considerations

Doryani's Invitation

This is a good belt, you lose a lot of Life in exchange for extra leech and damage. Not a bad tradeoff.

Apep's Rage

This could add a lot of potential DPS, but at the loss of cybil's excellent life leech and %spell damage, which also synergizes well with %fire leech should you have any. Apep's chaos damage does not synergize with %fire leech, which is your only source of leech outside of cybil or the gem itself.

more to come...

2.4 My Gear

3. Gems

3.1 Incinerate

Link order: LMP > Spell Echo > Faster Casting > Fire Pen > Added Chaos

Other considerations

Faster Projectiles: Good, but not necessary, probably better with an apep's build (proj damage increases the flat chaos)

Greater Multiple Projectiles: Better shotgun, worse vs most other situations, higher mana cost, difficult to sustain

Added Lightning: Could be considered as a replacement for added chaos, have not tested yet. Less tooltip, so smaller epeen

Added Cold: Same as added lightning

3.2 Auras & Vaal Spark / Vaal Grace

Clarity + Herald of Ice + Reduced Mana

Tempest Shield + Blind + Vaal Grace + Reduced Mana

Tempest shield + blind is great utility. Mobs will constantly be blinded due to the amount you are blocking (even spellcasters due to spellblock). Vaal Grace needed a place to go, and it ends up here for me. Ideally it would link it with increased duration.

Vaal Spark is an alternative in this setup as it will benefit from blind, blinding all enemies around you and dealing a lot of damage as well.

Other considerations

Purity of Fire: you should have one of these if you want to do atziri

Discipline: Only run this if you cannot sustain Arctic Armour without it. Otherwise, you end up with MORE unreserved mana without it (more effective life)

3.3 Cast When x

Cast When Stunned is the best choice. It is simply better in the late game than CWDT as it provides a much longer Immortal Call, and is capable of preventing damage (If you block a hit that would have stunned you, it will proc CWS)

Cast When Stunned + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

You can also run as an addition, not as a replacement:

Cast When Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Frost Wall as well for more durability. The frost walls will keep hard-hitting melee minions off you.

3.4 Curse & Arctic Armor

Arctic Armour + Enhance + Empower + Enfeeble

Why? Because there is a lot of synergy here. Arctic armour gets more flat mitigation with increased levels, as does enfeeble. Enhance increases the bonus movespeed on AA, and reduces the accuracy of cursed enemies with enfeeble. This setup takes you from tanky to unkillable.

3.5 Lightning Warp

Standard setup: Lighting Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

4. Stats / Screencaps

Images are from merciless docks.

5. Video(s)

Shipyard Map (77)
Pack size and monster life. No commentary just the map and the DPS.

http://www.twitch.tv/godztv/c/5155579

Courtyard Map (78)
Pack size and magic monsters. Dislaimer: from my stream last night, mumble in the background may offend, mute if necessary :D

http://www.twitch.tv/godztv/c/5155469

Last edited by Baeltimazifas on Oct 14, 2014, 6:44:16 PM
why do you take mind drinker node if we are not dealing physical damage? for the 12% mana?
"
Giften wrote:
why do you take mind drinker node if we are not dealing physical damage? for the 12% mana?

Yes, i take max mana nodes because they are effectively HP with MoM.
My math maybe failing me but how do you go from 7k dps tooltip to 84k shotgun? I get the fire pen part

Thanks
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
turtleken wrote:
My math maybe failing me but how do you go from 7k dps tooltip to 84k shotgun? I get the fire pen part

Thanks

stage 3 is 300% more damage, so 7K x 4 = 28K

28K x 3 projectiles = 84

You are probably miscalculating how percentage works. 300% is not x3, it's x4. Or rather 7K + (7K x 3)

@OP

How are you dealing with stuns?
Last edited by Melkrow on Sep 19, 2014, 8:15:44 PM
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
turtleken wrote:

Thanks

28K x 3 projectiles = 84

You are probably miscalculating how percentage works. 300% is not x3, it's x4. Or rather 7K + (7K x 3)

@OP

I missed the 300% all together cos I wasn't familiar with the stacking for incinerate! thanks mate
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
turtleken wrote:

Thanks

28K x 3 projectiles = 84

@OP

cast when stunned + immortal call synergizes well with being stunned. Otherwise, mind over matter seems to raise the threshold
Keep it up.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Nice build mate.

I do think you are overestimating you effective life pool.

Your free mana only needs to be 30% of life's pool! maybe a tiny bit higher if you get MoM from cloak, due to the 10% extra mod.

Effectively, when you loose all your life, you will still have mana left, but that amount is not really effective life, considering by then you are already dead.

I do think you should be left with excess mana, to avoid ever loosing AA.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to the MoM shenanigans. Used to play attack based builds mostly and I'm using MoM for the first time (bought cloak 2 days ago), so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm incorrect.

I like your build though. Nice to see someone doing high level incinerate.

Edit: Lmk your views on this. I'm very interested in finding the optimal proportion. Thx :)
Last edited by KlaatuZu on Sep 20, 2014, 4:05:28 AM
"
KlaatuZu wrote:

I do think you are overestimating you effective life pool.

2120/5300 = 0.4

so if one-shot was the only thing we guarded against in poe then you are right, it's 7420 effective life. that really seems like splitting hairs though and his mana pool being so close but slightly above the 0.4 limit means he is maximising the anti-one-shot potential of MoM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info