CI Cold Witch (CI at lvl 40!) Ghost Reaver & Zealoth's Oath - by iNotSure - [Updated on 28-02-2013]

Still going strong guys. Went CI at lvl 40. Havent played much after that but started again today.

ES = on 1500 atm, almost at ghostreaver, then going for Vaal Pact. Dont have insane items, just alched some items I found while farming and still killing with ease.
Postcount +1
This is what Im using on my Witch atm:

Not good, not bad. Still killing with ease and havent felt threatened yet. Lvl 41 atm.
Postcount +1
I have a witch at 43, and I've deliberately kept her out of life, or in fact most defensive nodes, because I wanted to see how it was playing out with thoughts of going into CI.

Overall, I think I could easily have enough ES to get by if I did it right now, but the big thing I do not like is how easily I get stunned. Granted, I'm used to playing more tanky builds and whatnot, but anything that hits me pretty much stuns me.

I'm interested to hear any thoughts you have on this as well as your experiences.
As you can see I got her some life in the beginning making it rly easy. And being stunned is a pain yes, getting interupted as well.

It happens sometime but its ok. Havent had to play more carefull because I went CI at lvl 40 then I did when I had 700 life. And now, in Act 2 I think the Chaos immunity will be much more welcome as the being stunned thing.

But I noticed it as well, so I think going for Avoid Cast Interruption (25%) might not be a bad idea. Close to it as well because I'm going for the Bloodthirst passive.

I'll update the first post today because this build isn't theorycraft only anymore and will make it clearer what pro's and cons are.
Postcount +1
First post has been updated and has been given a new layout.
Postcount +1
I didn't read all of the thread, but this is softcore isn't it?

You just don't need CI that early, act 2 mecriless is when you should get it, imo. In cruel just grab as many chaos resist nodes as possible, without going out of position, and have 2 HP pots ready for when you're in chaos heavy areas, 1 with instant heal and 1 with standard regen heal.

HC mate

and maybe you don't need it but people tend to get CI at like lvl 60. There are no builds (at least that I know of) that takes the risk and spec into CI real early without killing themselves with that choice.

People talk about CI as if it sucks, is really gear dependent but it's not. So why not got CI when you can and it's safe?
Postcount +1
i'm leveling my witch atm (lvl 37 currently) using ice spear, lmp, faster casting, fork (with life leech later)

i want to go to CI too and that's my plan for her:

you can reach this tree by level 55-60 (if you kill the bandits every time earlier) and after this i want to respec to this:

and i'm ready for maps then :)

all other points will go to critdmg or the other 4 ES nodes... i'm not to sure about this yet:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GHJ3dd8.png[/img]
Last edited by br4iny on Feb 19, 2013, 10:48:59 AM
Amazing, just went from the hardcore cold witch to this, the hardcore build does not work well for damage in softcore liking this build so far :p only cost around 15 points or so to respec :P
IGN: SPYTRAXOO
"
br4iny wrote:
i'm leveling my witch atm (lvl 37 currently) using ice spear, lmp, faster casting, fork (with life leech later)

i want to go to CI too and that's my plan for her:

A similar build as mine bit it differs in a few points I think.
For one you seem to go for high crit damage as where I will go for High crit chance. I'd rather freeze them a few times then freezing them less but doing insane damage when I do.
But thats just a preference thingie.

Next to that I think I went more defensive and will gain a higher ES bonus due to the passives I got.

But pls continue your build and post your findings here, Im always interested in how other CI-users are doing :)

"
spytraxd wrote:
Amazing, just went from the hardcore cold witch to this, the hardcore build does not work well for damage in softcore liking this build so far :p only cost around 15 points or so to respec :P

Glad to hear that mate, pls keep me updated as well and feel free to ask if you have any questions! :)
Postcount +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info